What improvements would you like to see added on the surf servers?

WispySkies

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
15 Feb 2016
Virginia, United States
I understand that only admins have vip atm and if it becomes something that we can sell, it's not going to be worth it to buy for the things they get with it and the commands they can use.

Majority of our player is from 24/7 Maps, that is the people who would get the vip and tbh it's not worth it if everything is taken out and they have useless commands.

Tbh, that's seems like an excuse to keep it admin only, but to disregard this comment and not point fingers, on a serious note if it's not worth it why I have it in the first place? Lotus did say that it was buggy and bad to see.

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
Yea Niko mentioned on slack that it was a glitch and VIP was never even supposed to be released. And thus it got removed today and hopefully the trails get fixed cause I liked them IMO

WispySkies

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
15 Feb 2016
Virginia, United States
Ye ik, I re read it and brought it up in TS and I think I figured it out xD

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Ye ik, I re read it and brought it up in TS and I think I figured it out xD

Don't worry wispy, I was confused too :p

Good to hear that it is removed and if it is fixed I would be open to it, but for now it just pisses the everlasting crap outta me :p

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
A good improvement I think we can use is a !calladmin command, I have found plugin that I think might work for it.

This would solve a lot of those " I've never seen an admin online" thing in applications.

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
+1 that idea from Water for sure, was thinking about the exact same thing because i recently played on the KSF server and they have that plugin which would be great for the whole community

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
I agree water, but of course the thing to always remember to acknowledge with a call admin command is possible spamming or fake calls which I believe is why it was previously removed (If I remember correctly someone did say there was a call admin command at some point)

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
We can implement a 2 strike system, you !calladmin/!requestadmin for things that aren't rule breaking/hacking/exploiting twice, you get a small ban, then it goes up from there.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
"2 strike system", that triggers me, can it be 3? :p

In all seriousness though, perhaps 1 fake call = warning, 2 fake calls = small ban (6-24 hours), 3 fake calls = long ban (24-48 hours), after 3 fake calls revoke their ability to call admin if possible, if not, then just ramp up the ban by a multiple of 2 or 3 per fake call.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
I think for regulars on the forum for csgo, it's basically admins + me and wispo, so from a forum standpoint, none of us really need it xD. But for newb's it would probably be useful if they actually bother to use it cause someone is, for instance, playing moonman

blair

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Mar 2016
New Hampshire
This thread kinda died, but another improvement that could be added is adding another rule stating that using smurfs in the top 50 times of a map is against the rules and can be punishable, that way players are actually able to see legit times.

AbacusB

26 Aug 2016
Don't you DARE to even go think about touching my precious Elysium.

It's where I go to see how far I've come. (I get further into the map every time.)

Last edited:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Well this thread is pretty old, and I suggested removing maps like Elysium because it is on the mix and 24/7 has a max of 5 people. I don't think it is getting removed anytime soon though so don't worry :p

yung ScreaM

31 Aug 2016
A Discord.

I believe we should make a go-free community discord for people to socialize and have a good time with fellow go-free server users! Many people use Discord as it is more popular than a lot of chatting programs such as Teamspeak, Skype, and Mumble. Please consider my idea.
Bye

GAMERMANA

15 Jun 2017
Egypt
I guess we can make a !votekick (player)
If they are spamming or misbehaving in general