EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hey guys.

You might have noticed that our V3 server is having a downwards trend in players.
This is sort of normal given that the game is still dying.

Anyway I'd like to try and reverse this trend once again. I will need ALL your opinions to pull this off.

I am looking for the following information:

what people don't like about the server
what makes people leave
which maps are good and which ones are bad
which maps are good ONLY when a certain amount of players are on and which are good for when there are few players
ANYTHING else that could come up in your mind.

I would like to get as much negative feedback as possible in order to try and address what we can.

Thank you for your support!

Reactions: Enissay

Skela

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Oct 2015
Norway
www.youtube.com
On V3 there is very few players before 12:00 in the morning (I don't know AM an PM, haha), and after 23:00 at night.

When I am online at that time we do not play big maps, because when we do, people are complaining about too big maps for that few players.

"which maps are good ONLY when a certain amount of players are on and which are good for when there are few players?"
So for this question I would say zm_little_italy is good when there is few players because it's not a very big map.

"which maps are good and which ones are bad?"
Maps with good camping spots is popular by a lot of V3 players. Of course many of them like to hunt, but V3 gives zombies a lot of HP so people will more likely want to camp.
For example zm_cbble is a good map. There is a lot of camping boxes, but it's also a good hunting map imo.

"what makes people leave?"
I'm not sure about why people leave. I like V3, but I switch to V1 when there is very few players on V3.

Skela

Last edited:

Soph

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
6 May 2015
Sweden
I have never really played on v3, but i know that some players think the zombies hp are to high.

miaumarmelade

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Jan 2016
Germany
Noticed this as well...

what People don't like about the Server / what makes people leave:

- we have no spawn system for joiners... - when people join V3, they have to wait up to 4 minutes ('til the round is over) to be able to play... some of them ask the admins to spawn them in game, and some of them already leave (so did I in the past, didnt always had the nerves to wait that long and went to V1)
- there are def. certain maps that make people leave (e.g. 4way - but this map is difficult, as the same number of people who hate it, love it...)

which maps are good / get voted very often: cbble, rush, fast final, canals, clouds, 4way, little italy, marbble...
personal opinion about good maps: rush, fast final, canals, huntingpark, prison tower, corps, lila Panic b4+v2, clouds, little italy, dust

which maps are bad: def. officeattack_b5a => very good for V1, very bad for V3. Many people leave when this one comes up. V3lers tend to camp a lot (due to zombies hp), and on this map there are like no camping spots, which make zombies win like 90% of all games. Plus it always gets a lot of rtv's, but never enough to actually change the map. Same counts for the other office maps except officerush b8 where there are the toilet-camping spots...this one is actually accepted...

which maps aren't played very often: westwood, farm, ruined town, legends, hellarch, salem hunting

Maps that are good for when there are a few players: maps like cbble, rush, fast final, little italy are small maps and perfect for a small amount but also for a higher amount of players... canals is small but is basically full with auto-snipers, so it's only fun when there are enough players...

which maps are good only when a certain amount of players are on: 1. one is roy_highway_fix2 ... this one is HUGE, and is only fun when the server has at least about 45 players... same counts for 16chambres (huge special map, doesn't make sense to play this one with a half-full server)
other maps are e.g. highschool, prison-town, zomb_eh_towers, dust, (good maps though, but only fun with enough players)

Anything else that could come up in your mind: maybe later :)

miaumarmelade

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Jan 2016
Germany
sorry for double post: I would suggest to reduce the number of rtvs that are needed to change the map... this would give players more influence and can avoid playing unpopular maps for too long...
and joiners should be spawned into game directly, no need to let them watch the whole time :)

Skela

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Oct 2015
Norway
www.youtube.com
and joiners should be spawned into game directly, no need to let them watch the whole time :)

Agree on this one, but when there is let's say 5 CTs left, or less than 1 minute of the round there is no need for new players to spawn. They can wait 1 minute, or wait for the last CTs to die.
And as you said; Joiners should be spawned into the game. (if it's more than 1 minute left, or/and more than 5 CTs left)

just4fun

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Oct 2015
What i've observed is that there are more "newbie" players on V3 or let's say less "experienced" players compared to V1 (no offense to anyone!) That leads to several things:

- Many ppl get frustated especially as zombie because they cannot get to certain camp spots without any help (e.g. many ppl still don't know how to do a duck jump, runboost or even bunnyhop) Those popular maps mentioned above have one thing in common: rather small and camp spots are easy to get to but still defendable. On V3 whenever you find a spot with at least 2 duck jumps you are save from 80% of players.
Conclusion: we need more small maps with easy-to-get-to camp spots that still can be defended.
- Experienced Players get often frustrated/tired by newbie players due to accidental blocking, edging, 0 teamwork as zmb/human etc. Just watch the chat for some minutes and you'll see. But I guess there is nothing we can do about that.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
very very valuable! keep the negative feedback coming and please discuss about all points and more!

Soon i'll have time to go through the points and apply more improvements!

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I think the spawning time has very much to say about why players leave.

I'll make it so that players automatically spawn ingame, tho i would argue about not respawning players in the last minute. Dead players are more prone to leave

deadone

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2014
I dont usually play much zombie but i have started to lately since the lack of players on sk/gw.
But when i play i mostly play v3 i think its a good server.
And i totally agree with miaumarmelades post it covers what is important!

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
#MakeV3GreatAgain

what people don't like about the server
- they can't join the game if round already started
- big maps are loaded even if there are only 10 players left

what makes people leave
- over sized maps compared to amount of players (some maps are truely server killers if its late )
- e.g. if both office maps are played in a row (office attack: humans hardly win / office crush: zombiez hardly win: everybody is camping in toilet or behind an enormous barricade)
- same for lila epic after lila panic (which happened a lot when I was playing 24/7)
- unpopular maps like hellarch, ruined town, legends or salem. Per query it should be easy to find out on which maps got highest flucutation (map start compared to map end)
- i guess some maps might be switched back to special map list, just like clouds (too many secrets), prison tower (luv dat map, but it's both big and campy) or farm (not as popular as it was when it was a special map).

which maps are good and which ones are bad
good: cbble (damnit those blocking and edging naps love that v3-camping-area), rush, eh fast, marbble, 4way, canals, little italy, eh towers, highschool, lila panic, corps, palace
bad: imo all office maps (either op for humans or op for zms, often those maps occur in a row, meaning 30 - 45 min of low fun -> players go afk or leave), ruined town (big, boring, server killer: most unpopular map on server, cant join there without a dozen of players asking for special map or map change in general. even admins leave at once if its loaded), legends (humans almost never win when I watched or played), forgotten town (no action, only camping and hiding)

which maps are good ONLY when a certain amount of players are on and which are good for when there are few players
good for few players: cbble, marbble, westwood, canals, little italy, industrial waste, rush, eh fast
bad for few players: ruined town, roy highway, temple, salem hunting, office house, forgotten town, prison tower, hunting park, crazycity

ANYTHING else that could come up in your mind.
- most maps are fine if server is full. if players drop to 35 or less, there should be an optional nomination list, only offering small and popular maps
- !zspawn doesnt work on v3 for those who joined late. should work if a) more than 25% of players are still alive and b) more than 1 min time left in round c) player didnt rejoin that round
- reducing number of RTVs sounds like a great idea as it never happened in my zombie life that a vote was enforced by non admins
- maybe re-introduce a little knife boost (not that strong to offer tk'ing actions, but enough to get those fattiez out of your way)

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
So, today i implemented automatic zspawn and i also enabled it (it was disabled).
let me know how balanced/unbalanced that feels
thank you easy for your very detailed post i'll make sure to cover all points!

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Many good points here :)

- Big maps and few players is an issue. I want to add that you can still have fun tho, its sort of what you make of it.
- Newb Zombies is also a big issue. Too many ppl just go SuicideByCT when they become zombies. They never learn to be both good zm and ct. When i make a map, i make sure you can get to a camp-point from 2-3 angles atleast, but many times RB(runboost) and jumpboost are required skills.
How could we get players zm-skills up? Maybe remove the autosnipers? It will maybe get CT to camp a bit less and makes it easier for zm to get kills and points? Then maybe not.

Conclusion: we need more small maps with easy-to-get-to camp spots that still can be defended.
I agree with the issues of newbs not knowing the zm-skills. But smaller maps and easy camp-spots is not the right thing, in my opinion. That will make v3 into v1 i think. Camp-spots should not be insane, but most of the OverPowerd are being removed with map updates. And many people comes to v3 for the different maps and game-style. Me included.

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Other points are very well pointed out by others :)

Cain

BANNED
1 Oct 2015
imo i think auto snipers are a problem, too OP. i would say restrict them and keep only the awp, powerfull but 1 by 1 bullet. ^^

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
So far I've decreased the amount of RTV's needed to change map.

The following maps have also been removed from the nominate list.
zm_officeattack_b5a
zm_ruined_town_ag
zm_salem_hunting_playground

Last edited:

ghssanyhea

13 Oct 2015
ksa
So far I've decreased the amount of RTV's needed to change map.

The following maps have also been removed from the nominate list.
zm_officeattack_b5a
zm_ruined_town_ag
zm_salem_hunting_playground

the worst maps ever :d

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
I play this server daily and like to hunt so in my opinion.....

Bad maps are:

Office Outbreak - This requires a lot of teamwork such as building barricades. The amount of times a barricade has been built only for someone to destroy it, trying to get in, and then gets everyone killed. Zombies usually win this map very easily
Lila Epic - Way too big and that spot at the very top, on the platform, is too hard for zombies to get to (lila panic is much better)
Little City - server killer and too big

Great maps are: Cbble, Marbble, Canals, Rush, Fast, Industrial Waste, Zombie Towers

Good maps are: Corps, Crazy City, Dust, Palace, Highschool, Hunting Park, Legends, Little Italy, Office Rush, Hellarch

Bring back:

Office Rush - this map has two decent spots (at the top and lower in the room) and cts have a pretty good chance of winning

Temple - This map is great for hunting and has many good spots for cts and zombies

Average maps are:

Westwood - too small - boring as a ct and hard as a zombie

4Way - I like this map sometimes but there are only 2 options - run and camp at the top (boring) or hold a position and then run for your life (which can be fun but usually doesn't end well). Love it or hate it map for sure

Maps that need modifying:

Prison Tower - The spot underground, in the water in the corner, on the boxes (where cts sit with shotguns) is too hard for zombies to get to . Maybe modify it so only two cts can fit there

Forgotten Town - The spot on containers, where you have to jump up twice and run upwards along the wall, is way too easy for cts to defend. Modify it to boxes maybe....

I like V3 way more than V1 because the zombies have a decent chance of winning, and I like to play as both ct and zombie (happens a lot when you hunt)

I would say restrict the auto sniper but I think a better alternative would be to restrict the ammunition to around 200 rounds, so people can't just hold the trigger constantly or they will run out of ammo. It is way too overpowered and does not require any skill to use as players just hold the trigger constantly.

Last edited:

K.I.A

27 Aug 2016
I just got back in css after i very long break lol and i really enjoy those zombie server but it feel light years from what it was 10 years ago. I was wondering if maybe it was possible to change some thing on one server to set it like what zombie survival on caa was and should be. Like no time limit, round end when there is no more humans or zombies, map should be base around barricading and not jumping around and getting higher as possible, zombie must be different looking not all the same fatty and m249 saw should not be allow. Im 26,old school gamer just getting back in css and really wish to play zm mod like it was back in the days, big map, alots of props to barricade, different zombies and long ass round. Let me know what you guys think about that. Have a nice one !

Reactions: Deleted member 8433
D

Deleted member 8433

I just got back in css after i very long break lol and i really enjoy those zombie server but it feel light years from what it was 10 years ago. I was wondering if maybe it was possible to change some thing on one server to set it like what zombie survival on caa was and should be. Like no time limit, round end when there is no more humans or zombies, map should be base around barricading and not jumping around and getting higher as possible, zombie must be different looking not all the same fatty and m249 saw should not be allow. Im 26,old school gamer just getting back in css and really wish to play zm mod like it was back in the days, big map, alots of props to barricade, different zombies and long ass round. Let me know what you guys think about that. Have a nice one !

I'm with this guy. I know 100% what he's talking about and I have a similar opinion to his. ZM is about survival of the fittest, not based entirely on teamwork. And sometimes too many players focused on one spot can bring disaster, as we continually prove ourselves with the edgers who think they can be Rambo and avoid any zombie attacks from any place.

With the right balance around the credit system you can gain and the prop's lifespan/robustness, a prop menu would really bring that individuality and enjoyment of being the last standing teammate on the map, for how long that it may be. And of course, as K.I.A mentioned, in that case more zombie classes would be indispensable.

Now I don't know about unlimited time frame and the knife knockback I've seen somewhere. I am just unsure about it that's it. It really depends whether or not a prop menu would be effectively implemented. Also I don't know if Niko and others really thought about it seriously. It might have had become a trivial matter at this point for them.

Last edited by a moderator: