V1, ideas and suggestions.

Vote for those you think should be done.

• Total voters

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
For zm_bucket it's being edited by Skela to make it more even for humans/zombies, regarding the hp, on maps like cbble, 4way, rush, fast, forgotton_town it was already every 7th player that became a mother zombie, but ct's still won 10-0 from times to times. That's why changes had to be made. I might reduce the hp again to around 2100 but i'll give it some days at first.

Reactions: Cain

Cain

BANNED
1 Oct 2015
i totally understand the reasons of the changes that you made, and as para said yeah 2 new maps are always welcome, i just hope some changes will be made on them ^^. regarding the hp yeah i think 2100 can fit for both sides. And i will add one more thing, if a mapper could make the ground flat on azdue it would be great, remember we already talked about that, just for rb.

Reactions: Vydx

SpaghettiCat

15 Feb 2015
Well yeah, I like the constructive criticism but I have to point out something. Servers where you got to "hunt" are called zombie escape I believe and as for what is going there, even if there are zombies is quite a different way to play as I imagine you already know.

I think you are confused: in zombie escape you run away from the zombies. The servers we're discussing in this thread are the zombie "hunt" servers, where the humans camp and then go to hunt zombies. The name of the servers is "Zombie Hunting by Elite Hunterz".

So, with that out of the way, I don't see a big issue with humans camping in "bad" spots, because that is the point of zombie mod, to survive basically using any way at disposal... The world props are pretty much ineffective except a few maps where you actually can put them to good use. And I don't believe in the existence of bad spots, because if they were, even by using a crate menu you wouldn't be able to survive too much with the combination of proper zombie character mechanics. And this was a point you avoided to discuss for unknown reasons.

Show me a server with zprops that is balanced and zombies win at least as often as humans. I've never seen such a server. It's always humans who saved up enough credits and keep spawning objects in a place where a bottleneck is created for zombies. The zombies will never be able to knife through all the props in time, and only 1 or 2 zombies are actually knifing because they're at the front of the bottleneck. This gameplay is not at all fun, and makes the humans camp more (they can't go out to hunt because props are in the way).

K.I.A

27 Aug 2016
I just got back in CSS after i very long break lol and i really enjoy those zombie server but it feel light years from what it was 10 years ago. I was wondering if maybe it was possible to change some thing on one server to set it like what zombie survival on CSS was and should be. Like no time limit, round end when there is no more human or zombie, map should be base around barricading and not jumping around and getting higher as possible, zombie must be different looking not all the same fatty and m249 saw should not be allow. Im 26,old school gamer just getting back in css and really wish to play zm mod like it was back in the days, big map, alot of props to barricade, different zombies and long ass round. Let me know what you guys think about that. Have a nice one !

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Is it possible to fix:
that stuck issue.. I mean like really its so annoying.
lags?, longknifes?

- to set a limit for "pings" since there's even players with 400-800 ping playing.

Reactions: Dev1ne

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'638
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
the stuck issue is something i'm willing to fix as soon as possible (after i give in my thesis and defend it on the 9th).
As for the ping, we can't really help it much because we don't want to leave US and Asian players out...

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
i totally understand the reasons of the changes that you made, and as para said yeah 2 new maps are always welcome, i just hope some changes will be made on them ^^. regarding the hp yeah i think 2100 can fit for both sides. And i will add one more thing, if a mapper could make the ground flat on azdue it would be great, remember we already talked about that, just for rb.

Zombies now have 2100 hp.

Ex-Admin Wolfram will fix the uneven floor on azdue when he got better internet, i asked him about it in the spring.

Reactions: Vydx and Cain

POWHA

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
25 May 2013
Guys!

*respawn sucks* *more hp sucks* *laggy maps suck*

Instead of creating a camping server and ruining the whole spirit of hunting zombies i would absolutely recommend to change your approach for gaining more players again!

->reset the goddamn rank! there is absolutely no chance for new players to get near the top100

->how about creating some events?!

thats all you need

kind regards,
POWHA

Reactions: Cain

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
If zm bucket is what I think it is then that map is absolutely horrible, but if that's what the people want there's nothing I can do. Personally I think the undergrounds bf3 map was much more deserving of inclusion.

Some good points made by others in tbis thread

Cain

BANNED
1 Oct 2015
So now that the Zombie's HP is solved, what about the rank system ? It would be fine if it could be reseted every month like it was before.

Reactions: Nuntiuz Cudi

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
If zm bucket is what I think it is then that map is absolutely horrible, but if that's what the people want there's nothing I can do. Personally I think the undergrounds bf3 map was much more deserving of inclusion.

Some good points made by others in tbis thread

undergrounds will most likely be added soon, an admin is fixing it.

So now that the Zombie's HP is solved, what about the rank system ? It would be fine if it could be reseted every month like it was before.

It most likely won't be reset every month again as it used to, maybe every 3rd month or something, we will discuss it.

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
undergrounds will most likely be added soon, an admin is fixing it.
That's great news, look forward to that.

AFAIK ranks never reset monthly, would always go on for at least 4 months.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Anyone checked these maps? They look well promising, especially piranesi b1. Please check them out you'll be in love

Sorry i missed that post. For the future please add map request in the add/remove thread.

Anyway i will check them out tomorrow

Kiinq..

20 Sep 2016
It seems that the server is loosing more and more players, its clearly getting emptier, so I have some suggestions to fix that :p

- No respawn, because it reminds me of these cheap zombie servers with no ammo, props etc., the server loses quality, less people tends to play serious as zombie "I will respawn anyways.."
- Add more maps, doesnt matter if they are good or not, just add some, for example 10-15 new maps, let the people vote and play, that will bring a good variety, you can sort out the worst maps later..
- less hp for zombies, you can't hunt properly now when they have so much hp, or you could disable hp-regenration, idk.. I would prefer both less hp + no regeneration, you can estimate the life of the zombies better.
- I would also prefer more weapons. Like this: All weapons allowed, only M249, Autosniper, Flashbang and Smoke restricted. This would also more varied.

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany
It seems that the server is loosing more and more players, its clearly getting emptier, so I have some suggestions to fix that :p

The server dont lose Players, its the game i think. EH is one of few Zombie servers that still alive... its normal that sometime a game died and the biggest problem is also my opinion its everytime the same, youre joining ZM and its still the same as before 3-4 years or longer.

Greetings TheRalle

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark

- No respawn, because it reminds me of these cheap zombie servers with no ammo, props etc., the server loses quality, less people tends to play serious as zombie "I will respawn anyways.."
- Add more maps, doesnt matter if they are good or not, just add some, for example 10-15 new maps, let the people vote and play, that will bring a good variety, you can sort out the worst maps later..
- less hp for zombies, you can't hunt properly now when they have so much hp, or you could disable hp-regenration, idk.. I would prefer both less hp + no regeneration, you can estimate the life of the zombies better.
- I would also prefer more weapons. Like this: All weapons allowed, only M249, Autosniper, Flashbang and Smoke restricted. This would also more varied.

The server recently changed IP, i believe that could have caused the player loss, they will come back.

The respawn is good for the server, most players leave when they have to wait like 4 min after they die until they can play again, when respawn was added it raised the amount of players.

We are considering to add more maps, i have a few in mind that could be added soon but we also need to get a plugin enabled that does so certain maps are playable only if a certain amount of players are in game, so we won't play huge maps with 10 players.

The ct's already win most rounds, i decreased the hp from 2500 to 2100, it won't be reduced further, you as a hunter might want less hp but we want to make it fair for all, you can still hunt, the zombies only got 300 hp more than they used to. the zombie hp regen is something that won't be removed, we want to make it fair for both zombies and humans.

If you want to play with more weapons i will suggest you play on v3. v1 has always been pistols, shotguns and SMG's only. I can however talk with the ha/spa about adding a few weapons from the rifles such as m4a1, ak-47, galil, famas, aug, sg553. But i don't think it will happen, i'm not a fan of it either, snipers will for sure be on v3 only

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Get rid of noblock. People get stuck in each other all the time cuz of this feature. Often you'll find a bunch of humans on the same place, usually far more than the space allows for it, but because of noblock people can stand in the same place for a short amount of time, then they get stuck in each other and it's a clusterfuck of inevitable edging and infecting.

Back then there was no noblock either, I had no problem getting on top of boxes and camp spots at the beginning of the round, others won't either.

Don't add rifles, you think campers are annoying? Wait til you add rifles that'll just dissuade zombies from even attempting to get near CTs.

Don't get rid of HP Regeneration, it was always fine at the rate it's been, which is pretty slow as it stands.

I agree with Kiinq, respawn has dumbed down the level of gameplay, but I know why you won't get rid of the option.

Agree with adding more maps, like the ones I've suggested

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
As soon as the ultimate map chooser plugin is added i will add some New maps. (The plugin does so certain maps can only be played if a minimum or naximum amount of players are in game. When that happens i will add legion, little italy, u ndergrounds and fail_inc. Maybe even more, feel free to suggest maps for the server here. The map should preferably have been a special map already

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
That ultimate map chooser plugin sounds like it'll retain players during the midday / midnight hours, nice one