You can't play with family shared game?

ZombieSlayer2000

21 Nov 2020
I can't play on the server with my family shared CS:S, i could before i don't understand why. it says i have to buy my own game.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
From: https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/announcements.3/page-7

«Because of the possibility to evade a Mute or a Ban on EliteHunterZ, through the Steam Family Account sharing, the EliteHunterZ Team decided to block all Accounts from our Server's which try to connect to our CSS Server's.

The Blocker is running since 22/10/2020 around 8 p.m. while you connect the Blocker will check in a 2 Step verification if you are using a Family Account, and will deny the Access to join. Also every attempt will be logged.

For a long Time period we didnt want to use a Family Account Blocker, but since some Player's on EliteHunterZ abused it in the Past we had to.

Our Team will be checking the Logs from time to time, hopefully we can deactivate it in future again.

What if you're using a Family Account for a legit reason?

If you aint using this function for a Ban evade, feel free to contact the HA/SPA Team and we will find a solution together. We aint wanna block Players which wanna enjoy our Servers!»

Reactions: ZombieSlayer2000

ZombieSlayer2000

21 Nov 2020
From: https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/announcements.3/page-7

«Because of the possibility to evade a Mute or a Ban on EliteHunterZ, through the Steam Family Account sharing, the EliteHunterZ Team decided to block all Accounts from our Server's which try to connect to our CSS Server's.

The Blocker is running since 22/10/2020 around 8 p.m. while you connect the Blocker will check in a 2 Step verification if you are using a Family Account, and will deny the Access to join. Also every attempt will be logged.

For a long Time period we didnt want to use a Family Account Blocker, but since some Player's on EliteHunterZ abused it in the Past we had to.

Our Team will be checking the Logs from time to time, hopefully we can deactivate it in future again.

What if you're using a Family Account for a legit reason?

If you aint using this function for a Ban evade, feel free to contact the HA/SPA Team and we will find a solution together. We aint wanna block Players which wanna enjoy our Servers!»

Ou, i understand that, it sucks, but well it is what it is.
My brother is sharing his CS:S that he bought on his steam account so i don't have to buy it.
Thanks for the fast response.

DeltaForce

Staff member
Special Admin
Tech Team
Donator
26 Apr 2017
Germany
Thr simplest solution would be to buy a own Version of CSS on your current account to get started again.

I dont know the price atm but it should be cheap anyways.

If not please tell me im sure we can find another way.