Another server feature idea from me.

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
So I know we have talked about this before but we did not make a conclusion as to if that feature is available or hard to setup,so here it goes:

1) Restrict nades in maps zm_dust2_64_v1 and zm_azduextincion_acp_final .
While nades in general are mostly used by less experienced players and lead to a lot of teamkilling,I have noticed that these 2 maps are the ones that suffer the most from teamkilling by bad nades being thrown and heavily having an impact on winning/losing. I do not neglect the usefulness of them of course,but I believe if they will be restricted( only in these 2 maps),humans will most likely win way more rounds than they do now and players might start liking these maps and want to play more,as of now,they are hated by most.

2) For humans only, allow /zstuck to be always enabled in these 4 maps:
zm_dust2_64_v1
zm_azduextincion_acp_final
ze_atix_helicopter_i3d_c1
zm_atix_panic_eh_v1

For the 2 atix versions,I think it should be obvious,tight corridors and plenty of crouch/barricade spots,lead to a lot of players getting stuck and lagging the server + getting them killed in a stupid way.
As for dust2 and azdue,due to the lack of spots,players mostly rely on hallways to hold as a team ( most notably A long or A short for example in Dust2 and the long hallway near the water on Azdue) in order to win.
But stacking 30-40+ people in these corridors again leads to a lot of blocking,people do not have the room to move around and hold the angles right to fight the zombies.I believe /zstuck always enabled would greatly improve the experience of these 2 maps as well.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
This kind of discussion had already been mentioned yep, the one and only problem that will arise if this kind of thing is accepted will be "Why this map and not that one ?!" Basically it will lead to complaints and I believe that until now this is what we avoid as much as possible from players..

I think it will take away the "oldschool" charm that EH and many players love so much
The block and grenades are part of the game, knowing how to use this kind of "advantage/disadvantage" makes the game much more attractive on our servers than simplifying everything on the many other servers which are not that populated compared to the EH..

Let's see what others say, but I don't really like this idea..Either you have to do it for all maps, or you don't have to do it at all

Sarevok

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2023
Spain
I use grenade a lot of times for survive when im hunting zombies 1 vs 3-4, but i only use it when i'm alone and not with more players because as you said, less experencied players die by that. Most times they have saved my life because the recoil gives me the time I need to reload the guns.

Reactions: sxmity

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
For humans only, allow /zstuck to be always enabled in these 4 maps:
I think i'd rather just identify the problematic spots on the maps and selectively activate noblock there, like we do on 4way and dust2 already.

Reactions: Dataworm

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
This kind of discussion had already been mentioned yep, the one and only problem that will arise if this kind of thing is accepted will be "Why this map and not that one ?!" Basically it will lead to complaints and I believe that until now this is what we avoid as much as possible from players..

I think it will take away the "oldschool" charm that EH and many players love so much
The block and grenades are part of the game, knowing how to use this kind of "advantage/disadvantage" makes the game much more attractive on our servers than simplifying everything on the many other servers which are not that populated compared to the EH..

Let's see what others say, but I don't really like this idea..Either you have to do it for all maps, or you don't have to do it at all
If anything I do not want to take away the oldschool vibe I like more than anything in this game mode,I just wanted to make these specific maps less frustrating for newer/less experienced players.
These "suggestions" are actually conclusions I have made over the chat log being used during these maps,I can tell people are frustrated regarding noob nades and constantly getting blocked,so I just adressed possible solutions on what most people express out in public chat.
And although,to be fair I do understand their frustration at a certain degree, I am fine with any solution given.
As Niko mentioned,noblock zones added sounds like a great idea,let's just hope it will not create more problematic spots like that box on Dust2 A-Short.