• block.dem
    595.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
I believe you typed "status" in console while recording the demo. It is known to break the demos if you type it and cause the game to crash.

Bazinga!

Donator
4 Mar 2017
Berlin
Thank you for the Info!

Exactly that is, what happened!
9351163043_224240e989_o.gif

But I watched Demos from the ban list where the recording person typed status while recording?! So it happens sometimes?

Bazinga!

Donator
4 Mar 2017
Berlin
But I watched Demos from the ban list where the recording person typed status while recording?! So it happens sometimes?

Just in case someone wants to know:
Lotus told me, the demos you see on sourcebans were mostly recorded by admins who use "smac_status" which is only available to admins and usually won't crash demos

TheDude

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
20 Mar 2017
Even though we admins always use "smac_status" while recording a demo, typing "status" doesn't always corrupt the demo and crash the game. I am not really sure what causes it to crash. I just recorded a test demo, typed status and that demo works just fine. I think still it would be best to avoid using it while recording a demo until somehow it gets fixed. You can also take a screenshot of console(with status) after you are done recording and post it with the demo on the forums. The screenshot is clearly up-to you but it would be helpful if you did.

Reactions: Bazinga!

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
If the demo shows the player with his name it is usually enough to identify the player. Anyway it would be better if you also type status before/after demo and provide the steamid as screenshot or text otherwise.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
smac_status isnt always stable either.
but you can use status if you wait with typing "status" until after you have recorded the offense :)
on some maps you will find this picture:
follow this list
Take note that on this list you type status before you start recording and take screenshots of it. and at the end you also type status.