✅ [FINAL] zm_eh_fast_final_2018_v2

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
On fast_final we have an op spot in the toilets. With those 2 tables (and a fridge) you can easily block the entries and the blockades can't just be destroyed cause the tables are too hard to move.

20210727215047_1.jpg20210727215210_1.jpg

I propose that at least one table should be removed, maybe even both. Otherwise tables could be made so that they can be moved or flipped as easy as the soda machines. If I remember correctly the door height might also be too low so that you cant jump in over the table when it stands in front of the doorway. Also for the hole it might be an option to make the wall above breakable so that with some efforts the zombies can make a bigger hole so that they could also jump inside over a table in the end.
_20210727215210_1.jpg

Another critical spot might be the camping spot below:
20210727220145_1.jpg

In the beginning you can also reach humans from the right side by jumping on several items. That is still very difficult when humans are covering that page but at least this is a second path to get closer to the humans. The issue is that these doors...
20210727220326_1.jpg
... can easily be destroyed by humans and then zombies have no second path to get up there. Making those doors unbreakable could be a good solution here.

Apart from that the map seem to have a quite good balance but the op spot should be fixed nevertheless, especially since this is also a frequently played map.

Reactions: Molsted and Hard

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
On the last spot I think you can runboost from here to get to the CCTV/Lamp-thingy:
1627426948475.png

The other spot you can just stand on another zm and jump straight up and infect the guy on the AC/Ventilation the same way you can infect any players standing on the CCTV/Lamp by jumping underneath and knifing upwards and it's pretty easy to get rid of the players up there already from other spots as well, so I don't think any changes is necessary there.

Reactions: Molsted and Hard

Hard

24 Jun 2020
Nepal
forum.elite-hunterz.com
i guess no need to newer version of this map

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Fast final has a quite high winrate for cts and i wouldnt mind to see some small changes. The room in the tunnel im not familiar enough with to say anything about, but otherwise the only thing, that i would want to change gameplaywise, is the spawnroom, that you have also started to look at. As Paw pointed out there is a rb spot at the 3 stacked crates and im pretty sure that you can also rb from the box in the corner next to the pipes, but the thing is that they are rarely utilized. As i see it, this is because the room is mainly diveded into 2 spots, which both allow for a lot of players and as long as both spots are controlled, there is going to be a lot of firepower at the rb and other counterspots. Therefore the 2 spots become strongly tied together and the way i see it, create one big op spot.

A possibly simple fix could be to just get rid of autosnipers, but thats unlikely to happen.

Instead, i think the area could benefit from having less people at the 2 spots. I wouldnt want to increase the amount of spawns in the other rooms and its not possible to create more spots with the current size of the room, so for me the solution would be to make the area bigger. This would ofc be a change in the bigger end of the spectrum but i would like to try it.

What do you think?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Ralle, yeah sure we can talk later, best before 8pm or my response times might be quite slow. 🙃

Paw thanks for the hint, I wasn't aware of the rb approach cause I never saw it happen yet. This camp spot is also not that bad that it urgently needs a fix but I think a very minor change like suggested might nevertheless be an improvement and would be easy to achieve. The toilet rooms however are op spots that should be fixed for sure and therefore I thought that would be a good opportunity to deal with this other spot as well.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Molsted, I find it hard to imagine how you want to increase the area. In general I think there is not that much need for balance and we should rather try to do only very small changes. Big changes could easily backfire and make things worse than before. But I am always open to suggestions. If you would really like to increase the area, is it possible for you to make a rough visualization of how this could look like in the end?

TheRalle

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2013
Germany
With 2k21 Version i mean to polish it a bit ^^ and maybe some small changes, if Data want that i change something i will change it

Greetings
TheRalle

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
eh_fast_final is a good map, no big changes or fixes needed. it's win ratio is 2.3, if we set this as measure 90% of the maps needs fixes.

To be honest I doubt I would replace it by a map pimped with more camp spots and/or other edits that change it's dynamic.

What might be fixed is:

The toilet of course. It can be easily fixed I guess - and would make it fairer to zombiez. I prefer to simply change the table into a 2nd soda - not to make the wall breakable as it cant be used by zombiez to retreat anymore. CTs would simply shoot it down every round.

One might also think about making the doors and the stuff at the wall indestructible again, as it was before 2018-version. I remember that the map maker @Xylon himself told me that he planned to do when we talked back in the days.

Last but not least: The pipes/vents might be deleted as well, they aint used anymore and if used they cause lag and stucked players. This lag issue hasnt been present 3 years ago when the map was updated lastg time.

All other spots and the map itself is balanced quite well as said above. Plus it is almost totally free of blocking and teamkilling spots - which is a big issue on v3. Therefore there is no need to change this map (apart from the toilet and maybe 1-2 little optimizations) as the map doesnt really cause any problems.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
@easy Sounds good to me, I guess we could do it that way. Not sure if pipes are a big issue though, haven't often seen someone getting stuck there. I dont really mind if they get removed but on the other hand it was a place for players who prefer some solo action but the spot is still easy enough to take down from my experience.

@TheRalle I assume your polishing involves mainly changes regarding texture or fps optimizations which shouldn't have any impact on the gameplay?! Do you want to do the polishing and deal with the mentioned issues as suggested by easy?

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
So any map maker wants to fix the toilets and the breakable stuff outside (doors, ventilation)?

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Hello, I am willing to take care of it, but not sure if I understood right, the fixes that are needed here are:

[1] Make the doors outside unbreakable
20211002160528_1.jpg

[2] Close vents in the toilets. Change table to a soda machine (?)

If I didn't miss anything tell me so I can compile it and so we can test it ;

Last edited:
Reactions: Xylon

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Great! I hoped somebody will respond.

I meant close those pipes - all they do is causing lags. Plus 2 players with MG can defend against 62 zombiez in there... the connection between toilets is necessary and should remain :)

1633180706724.png

And please make all those doors unbreakable, they are giving opportunities to zombiez and will give them time as CTs cant rush bilnd into a new area wothout the risk of infection.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Looks good!