Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Hello map makers!

Due to issues this map has been removed from nomination list. To bring it back it needs some fixes (probably there are more problems, those are the ones I remember):

1. Remove the laterns that i marked - or make them non solid so players can't use it to camp on balcony anymore.
lil_city.png

2. Bring back the stairs. All I see is a shadow.
lil_city_stairs.png

3. Fix the doors, they all can be glitched. I'd say just like on other maps they can be replaced by sliding doors

I am open for suggestions!

Reactions: Paw

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
The change that could be nice on this map is a change of version

The map is MUCH too big and the spawns are way too far away (CT / T) and we all know that the zombies that respawn as humans only appear at the CT spawn.
I don't like this map at all because I get bored every time it was played, the players don't know where to go, you have the sewers / the undergrounds / the "apartments" / the crane / the spawn T and surroundings is a huge mess ... it makes a kind of "no man's land" right in the middle because no one has time to run to the middle before the zombie appear .. you can't afford to hunt (for hunters) there are so many places on the map .. I don't know how you came to put this map on V3..

1628016825359.png

In short, little_city have different version, Roy's is the biggest and I find it too big .. everyone has their own opinion, but when we can hide in places where no one has the presence of mind to come, I find It's boring, and some places such as the underground, you can bring all the props there before we come "by chance" to find you

There are different versions that can be found / that I have in my files. V5 is not too bad .. it will force players to look for themselves instead of leaving some parts of the map empty in Roy's version .. it's up to you

1628016906006.png

Attachments

• zm_little_city_v5.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 186

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Suggest blocking of the balcony spot with invisible walls if possible instead of removing the discoballs as you will still be able to runboost there from the fence. Won't be an issue for zms reaching any players standing on them either.

Reactions: easy and Molsted

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Agreed. An invisible wall is a better solution due to rb.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Any map maker wanna take of this?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
This spot is also a bit critical I think, very hard for zombies to get in there. Easiest way to fix would be removing the props inside. Otherwise a wider window and bigger door could also help.

20210804012339_1.jpg

Reactions: easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
I had this spot on my mind too. There ar emultiple more spots I guess, this map is huge so I only mentioned the most obious stuff.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Shorten down some of the maze underground like this or in some other way(Make a connection where I marked in blue?):
1652391472579.png
Extend this bar and ladders so that zms don't need someone to get boosted up by (Will also make it possible to use this route to get to the campspot instead of using the crane.):
1652390811207.png
Fix the crane in some way so that less people get stucked in the ladder at roundstart as a result of zstuck. Make it wider at top or add some slabs of stone/tiles around the bottom of the ladder so that you dont need to jump before going up?:
1652391090573.png

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Fixed.

I would also agree that this map is quite big, we should consider cutting unnecessary spaces across the map as like Paw and Junior mentioned. Will work on it at the next update if it will be necessary.

Attachments

• zm_little_city_v8_roy.bsp
    96.3 MB · Views: 167
Reactions: easy, Paw and SOUR

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
We can meet on v1 soon to check some parts of the map that might be closed/removed. Like always I'm going to call you via DC or steam Mr. Bear.

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Sorry for the late update. A lot of thigs have changed (Beta version) . Feel free to test it and give a feedback.

Attachments

• zm_eh_little_city_beta2.bsp
    87.5 MB · Views: 138

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Uh I see, didn't know about this secret. I re-opened this area.

Attachments

• zm_eh_little_city_b2.bsp
    87.5 MB · Views: 152
Reactions: Paw

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538