GoFree - Suggestions/Bug Reports

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Tried to change maps on the tier 1-6 server and it hit me with Engine Error Host_Error: recursively entered.

I will stop posting this here till i can figure it out, there is clearly something dodgy on my end :confused:

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
Fresh install, unfortunately it made no difference, as soon as i load up aweles_fix it crashes at 98%.

The only irritating part is being locked out of the server till the map switches. I will join one of the higher tier servers in the meantime, get a taste of some true pain :s

That's very strange. Think i'll just remove that map from the rotation since i need to assume it will happen to others & not just you.

How can a map crash a certain client and not others? I'll probably never know.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Don't remove it mate, it's happened with 3 different maps so far across two servers. The problem must be on my end, i just don't know where to start diagnosing an issue like this. This kind of stuff is not my forte.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Hey dPexx, would it be possible to vote for a recently played map? Sometimes annoying being locked out of them for a bit (not a huge deal though).

snowy♡

23 Aug 2018
on stage 4 - 6 on surf_annoyance the start zone kills your speed whenever you try to telehop

Jamal

GoFree Admin
20 Jun 2016
Canada
steamcommunity.com
Idk what happened to it, or if it has been suggested already. but adding back /challenge would be awesome.

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
Could be brought back, probably. Although i don't like the idea of people betting actual points, it would likely be store credits. Can look into it, although i doubt it will be very soon.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Was removed cause a bunch of jackasses used it to boost :p

Jamal

GoFree Admin
20 Jun 2016
Canada
steamcommunity.com
Tbh I really like the idea of using it with credits. I'd be okay with it being added back like that instead

I am Legacy

GoFree Admin
Donator
29 May 2017
credits idea seems rlly good

Roor

GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Nov 2018
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to Rent items from the store as a way to preview them. Currently there is no way to see a trail or wings, for some examples, unless another player has them. there is no way in game to see what you are buying before you buy it. I was thinking like a 10-15 credits 2 minute rental to test out ascetic items would awesome. Lemme know what you think if it is even possible.

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
I was wondering if it would be at all possible to Rent items from the store as a way to preview them. Currently there is no way to see a trail or wings, for some examples, unless another player has them. there is no way in game to see what you are buying before you buy it. I was thinking like a 10-15 credits 2 minute rental to test out ascetic items would awesome. Lemme know what you think if it is even possible.

I like the idea but it would take a lot of work coding it into the store plugin, probably easier to just make a labelled thread on the forum & maybe a labelled channel on discord with a picture of all the items. Pretty sure i have picture already for a bunch of our store's items, will need to check.

klimbo

11 Feb 2019
looksmodern is very broken, boost start of s2 gives you a superboost allowing you to skip first ramp, s3 uncompletable due to boost not working, s4 not completable due to the rectagular prism you're supposed to go down is behaving the way it's supposed to on s5 and lifts you instead. s5 uncompletable due to a boost not working halfway through the stage (and there's a boost after that i'm pretty sure doesn't work as well, at least in saveloc it doesn't but i had to noclip to get there so idk)

edit: thank you for rezoning the bonus on sinsane :)
i'll try valpect right now (i was trying to load it on [Surf] Tier3-6 {Hard Maps} WRCP - by go-free.info
eeeeeedit: Valpect gets stuck on the loading screen for me still, and then i have to open console to dc, the server browser then shows the server is on tundra, which the server goes to after it resets.
Same thing happens to me on the tier 1-6 server.
what is the bonus exactly ? lol

Roor

GoFree Admin
Donator
30 Nov 2018
I humbly request we change the "1.Close" option when joining a server and viewing the server rules to "1.Accept", I know acceptance of the rules is >implied when joining but i would like to make it official if possible.