Kick players with 100+ lag!

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi all,

The players with 100+ lag have an unfair advantage over those with less lag. This is very apparent (and frustrating) while zombies, they can knife people from a much longer distance. I believe this has to stop!

This is borderline cheating !

Thank you for your attention,
Spells

TurkishKebab

19 Mar 2021
My ping is almost close to 100 all the time and hit to 400-600 many time. It is not fun for us and getting kicked every 10 minute is unfair for us too.

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Blue made a nice reply to something similar in this thread.
Hello spells, this is something that has been a thing on css ever since it came out, we all have been very aware of this as its usually what some players call ''katana'' or ''longsword''
Basically, they do have a bit of advantage ofcourse because of their lags, but you have to realize aswell that It's not as fun for them aswell to be lagging that much when playing. We don't kick players here because of a 100+ ping, however some players that has massive lags and are teleporting around, now I mean huge lags and not just 100ms or a bit more. If they're warping around the map and are basically unhittable, they are interrupting the gameplay where I do believe we have taken action over such things before, but It's very rare. I've been here almost since the start of EH and honestly eventually you will get used to it, but I don't think it would be a good idea to purge them all from the servers, we are trying to open up for everyone to play, that means if they are far away or have a bad connection they should be welcomed to play aswell, as said as long they don't teleport around and disturb the gameplay for everyone else.

These are just my thoughts and some facts I've gathered by being here myself, obviously my answer isn't an conclusion for the situation but I'll just throw this post in here.

Reactions: TurkishKebab

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
Although longknives aka Katana-attack can be very annoying high ping is not a reason to punish or even kick anybody who comes to our zombiemod servers for having fun. EliteHunterz is an international community with an international playerbase. We welcome players from all over the world on our servers to enjoy themselves - regardless of their origin or internet quality.

Let me quote a legend of this game (Mr. Blue™ himself): Basically, they do have a bit of advantage ofcourse because of their lags, but you have to realize aswell that It's not as fun for them aswell to be lagging that much when playing.

And let me add: This little advantage a highpinger has is easily balanced (if not overtrumped) by the huge advantages that you have in terms of aiming and accuracy. So like in real life: It all balances out at some point.

Ps. When it comes to lagging players that really teleport around the map we admins ask them to fix their internet connection to make sure the balancy isn't corrupted by internet quality.

Edit: Thanks Paw. We had the same old thread in mind.

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi admins,

Thank you for your reply.

However, I think the balance is more in the favor of people with high lag. I can see that systematically people with high lags also rank high in terms of score (so high lag seems to "help" with accuracy when they are shooting). Check the top 4 or 5 players on each map and you will see what I mean. In fact, ever since my last post, I have noticed that the phenomena is more and more prevalent.

I believe that overall the quality of game play is affected, as if it would not be already degraded by blockers, people teaming, nade throwers, people who knife or shoot zombies into players and those players with more than questionable skills (by questionable I mean cheaters that are not "caught" by admins).

This is something for the admins to keep in mind.

Overall, I am beginning to see more and more forbidden actions (I will make a separate post about that).

Enjoy your day!

Hard

24 Jun 2020
Nepal
forum.elite-hunterz.com
Lol my ping is 160-190

this is not possible