[online] zm_highschool_day_huhn_v1_1

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
Thx, Molsted i was really disappointed that they do not see my structure improvements :(

I will not change the map for any players or admins to have or retain their advantages.
Its a main Problem on EH server nobody want to lose their advantages to make it more fair but that is a other thema.

campers lose their overpowered camp spots und zombies their overpowered hide spots.

I create changes to improve the maps to make them more fair to all Players.

PS: Molsted: i really like your idea, actually i follow a other way but when it will not work, i will try your idea to improve it, thx

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
I will not change the map for any players or admins to have or retain their advantages.
I asked you why you changed those two rooms that never caused any issues but gave zombiez the chance to infect a few CTs and survive a bit longer unneccessarily without any need. You told me via steam that you closed and changed those rooms next to the doors because "you hate it to be possibly attacked from behind when hunting". Isnt this a change to your own personal advantage?

Me and others gave you constuructive suggestions to improve the map. I even gave you reasons why some changes are bad and why other changes are needed. But instead of listening to experienced players and admins to signifcantly change the map further in favor of CTs - a map that is already unfair towards zombiez and was requested to be fixed to give zombiez the opportunity to win it every now and then. The roof camp spots are harder to get for ZM than before, the highschool is harder to defend for ZM than before...

I tried to explain you in game, via steam and here already: The current map favors CTs unfairly. It is 5,5:1 - which means that zombiez never win it as time is up after a 4:0 for CTs, sometimes a 5:0, sometimes a 4:1. All your map edits couldnt be won by zombiez yet - fattiez were not even close to win a single round (at least when i tested it on v3).

We want fixes that ensure that both teams can enjoy a map. The newest version we tested had a ratio of 8:1 (1_1) and 4:0 (1_2) in favor of CTs - maps with this ratio are endangered to become a special map being removed from nomination list.

It looks to me like instead of solving the issues that Dataworm showed you you solved your own issues (dieing by rushing) and even destroyed the only places where ZM have an advantage over rushing CTs: the school bulding. What you created is unfair to zombiez, even more unfair than before. Why would we replace an unfair map by an even more unfair map?

That's not what i call an improvement mate.

This said this map version can be used as special map as it needs admin's supervision and as it cant be won my zombiez (even less often than the current version on nomination list). I will use my rare free time on higher priority map issues and await the next edits here to be fair for both teams and not only favoring the map maker's playstyle.

@Molsted I totally understood what he tried to do too. But many of his changes are not changes for the better and I name then even with reasons. This isnt my exclive opinion, apart from Huhn I couldnt find a player who thinks that roof and highschool changes are fair. The roof isnt balanced, the school didnt need a balancing at all. Zombies didnt win a single round on any of Huhn's versions and even lost the only place where they can take a breathe got destroyed. The gym is a new trap now giving ZM no chance to escape to the roof. Would you like to play this map as zombie?

Reactions: Paw

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Easy, i agree with your comments on the ladder and the time to open the door. I feel like you have misunderstood me in regards to the rest. I dont think that Jannos version is at a good place right now. Im saying that i see what he is trying to do and it is the idea of that i really like. I know you even named your reasons. It is also these reasons that i commented on. I also said that i agree with them under the assumption that no other big changes should be made to the map. I also said that it is this assumption that i dont like and that i instead wanted to approach the map differently.

And no i would not like to play the map as a zombie right now. As i said i dont think Jannos version is there yet. I even gave a lot of reasons for what needs to happen in order to make sense of closing the doors. I agree that it is bad that the doors are closed right now but as i said before, i dont think that is a reason to open them again. I think that it is a reason to instead create other interesting paths which i said hasnt been done well enough yet. These paths needs to be made before it makes sense to have the doors closed.

Reactions: easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
I already wondered how you changed your mind totally within one day. I actually might have missunderstood your post then, Molsted.

Reactions: Molsted

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
I think what Janno is trying to do is very ambitious but that is also why i have actually gotten excited about the map. I hope we can support him to atleast see what it could turn out like :)

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
map is online, we are collecting data and see wether the latest versions can be used in future. So far the balancing itself looks good, still there might be some fixes needed.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
1673197051558.png

Here is a glitch that needs to be fixed. Players get stuck in the corner.