Server Feature proposal

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
Greater Manchester, UK (GB)
gamebanana.com
Adding the !hide command would also be a great idea since it's difficult to see other players while hunting zombies.

Last edited:

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
A dynamic map pool, by that I mean restricting some maps if there's not enough players on the server.

I don't know if it would be possible or a good idea.
Hello!

Thank you for your proposal! I proposed this with our head admins and tech team some years ago too, unfortunately I was told that CS:S engine doesnt offer a feature like this.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
so, the feature exists, it's just a mess to set up. I might actually give it another stab

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
it would be ideal if the community could give me a hand with classifying which maps could be played when:

zm_eh_4way_fix4
zm_azduextincion_acp_final
zm_canals_classic_eh_v5
zm_cbble_eh
zm_clouds_beta2
zm_corps_v9_edited
zm_daylight_hunter_v2
zm_dino_day_v1a
zm_dust2_64_v1
zm_eh_4seasons_final
zm_eh_buntshot_v3_fix
zm_eh_crazycity_v4a
zm_eh_fast_final_2021_d
zm_eh_highway_final_v1
zm_eh_industrial_waste_v1_8_9
zm_eh_little_italy_edited3
zm_eh_origin_v4_fix
zm_eh_palace_final_15
zm_eh_piranesi_64_finale
zm_eh_prison_tower_edited7
zm_eh_solo
zm_eh_temple_v10_fix
zm_eh_tr_kapras_v3_3
zm_fail_inc_fix
zm_grimoffice_b7
zm_hanamura_v1_fix
zm_hellarch_fix_edit_v1
zm_highschool_day_huhn_v1_3
zm_italy_reload_fix
zm_legends_v1
zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b
zm_marbble_v2_edit
zm_mystic_halls_b3
zm_neko_athletic_park_v3
zm_office_house_v2
zm_officeattack_v8_fix
zm_officerush_v6
zm_originalo_v1
zm_ruined_town_ag
zm_rush_final_6
zm_sorrento_v3
zm_stronghold
zm_vicissitude_v3
zm_westwood_finale_v3
zm_zomb_eh_towers_v7

20 Apr 2023
The way I see it, we could do a separation of 12, 25, 50. We could also forgo the 12 and do 25, 50

Edit: 10, 20, 30 would be best in my opinion, I don't think going too high with the last category would be a good idea.

Last edited:

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
I have better alternative I think, maybe instead of letting maps go when there aren't enough players, we can just blocks sector of those maps. For example on zm_corps_v9_edited(not sure if it's considered a big map) the third and underground areas would be blocked when there aren't enough players. Aswell on zm_eh_crazycity_v4a, the underground would be blocked, zm_eh_prison_tower_edited7 and so on... This is my proposal, if it will require a mapper help I would love to help on this one.

Last edited:
20 Apr 2023
I have better alternative I think, maybe instead of letting maps go when there aren't enough players, we can just blocks sector of those maps. For example on zm_corps_v9_edited(not sure if it's considered a big map) the third and underground areas would be blocked when there aren't enough players. Aswell on zm_eh_crazycity_v4a, the underground would be blocked, zm_eh_prison_tower_edited7 and so on... This is proposal, if it will require a mapper help I would love to help on this one.
I like your idea, but it's more that some spots can only be breached when you brute-force with numbers and when there's not enough players you only need 1 or 2 decent player to make it unbreachable.

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
I like your idea, but it's more that some spots can only be breached when you brute-force with numbers and when there's not enough players you only need 1 or 2 decent player to make it unbreachable.
I understand your concern. However, if I can block certain spots, I believe I can also create new pathways for those potentially unbreachable spots who weren't blocked.

Last edited:

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
it's an idea I entertained as well, the issue is that maps are carefully balanced, closing off one side of the map will definitely lead to imbalances and confusion.

Aha*gunpower*

14 Apr 2022
Latvia Tukums
it would be ideal if the community could give me a hand with classifying which maps could be played when:
zm_eh_4way_fix4 shoud be pernament ban and remove and never ever be set any timestamp for play it . NEVER . if you do this - i promiss mate you will see such a good man here with no future problems in any kind ! but first things first You do your part and than i do my ! Delete any trace of that as it shoud never ever be in any way be recover - just please do it . Isn't it great ? I tihnk it is !

• Haha
Reactions: svetoi and sxmity

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
zm_eh_4way_fix4 shoud be pernament ban and remove and never ever be set any timestamp for play it . NEVER . if you do this - i promiss mate you will see such a good man here with no future problems in any kind ! but first things first You do your part and than i do my ! Delete any trace of that as it shoud never ever be in any way be recover - just please do it . Isn't it great ? I tihnk it is !
I agree. That map still has a bug. Remove it entirely and instead create and upload zm_eh_4way_fix5 to the server :-D