Suggestions for new 24/7 Surf servers

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
yea i meant mesa_mine, didnt know there was a third mesa map xD, but i like funhouse in my opinion, its a cool map to surf on, at least for me

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
okay so yesterday we opened a kitsune2_GO 24/7 server and then what i'm planning to do is open a mix server for each tier: 1-2-3-4-5-6 (perhaps 5 and 6 together).

Water and Lotus are coming up with the maplists, i will try to find time to install the servers (no time!!!) and have the servers ready ASAP

Reactions: WispySkies

Rony

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Mar 2016
I think derpis and omnific would be great maps because, Derpis is really easy and fits in with the current maps and Omnific is a very difficult map wich we dont have yet, (esylum isnt that much of a challenge for the top tier players) Also i have a little question, can surf_fruits be changed to the fixed version with a normal stage stawberry because now you need two people to get a record time on the map.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
surf_fruits does not have a "fixed" version, there is a source version, and a GO version, they have different strawberry stages, frankly I find them both easy so even if we could use the source map I don't see a need as it isn't that difficult. "now you need two people to get a record time on the map." If you are talking about the opening wall this isn't true, you don't need 2 people, nor did the SR use a second account to achieve his time.

Edit: Also idk about derpis but omnific will likely not be available as 24/7, only on a mix server, as a map like omnific would have minimal traffic so there isn't much of a point when it can just be on a mix server with other T5/6 maps

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
Correction, I made the maplist ;).

Omnific is a challenge to have as a 24/7 server considering it difficulty and the lack of traffic it would bring, yes it would bring the top 1% of players who can beat it, but also drive away average to moderate surfers.

With the fruits situation, you don't need 2 people for a record, just follow the spinning sheets high and you can strafe your way around them easily.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
I helped water, you just did the laborious part of the task ;)

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
I told you an approximate number of maps :p therefore I helped

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
You just disagree with everything I say, I'm going to go cry in a corner now, good day to you sir, I said good day

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotus