Unban Request: | DF | Manolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
Name: | DF | Manolo

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:29103021

Ban reason: SMAC 0.8.4.0: Eye Test Violation

Unban reason: Hi, I'm playing Counter Strike Source since December 2009, on your Zombie Servers since June 2010 i think and I never cheated anytime. Me and my Clan (well known in Germany) hate cheaters.

So, I start to expain how I got banned from your Server.

I just played on your V4 Zombie Mod-Server until my graphics card of my PC collapsed, ingame I had a serious lag. When my Counter Strike worked again, I saw that I have been banned from your Server. You can see in the Logfiles of your Server that my Eye Angle settings switched really suddenly in this moment.

That is a confirmed Bug of SMAC, that many people had, what finally ended in a ban.

That's all I can say to this situation. And if you don't believe me, I don't can do something about it. But search my SteamID via google and you will find no ban.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello,
I will personally verify everything, the module should not fail at this stage. it failed before but this version is pretty good.

Please could you specify what graphic card you have, what OS you have, what is the driver version of your graphic card and if you were running full screen or windowed?

Also what do you mean when you say "the graphic card collapsed"?

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I've made some tests and researches, the ban is legit. you had angles of 180 180 180 (Pitch Yaw Roll)

those are impossible to achieve and in no way a crash or anything could cause this.

By the way the Roll (Z axis) is modified only when hit in the head or when you fall from an height and the maximum that you'll get is about 90.

Ban stays as for now.

L 06/21/2013 - 15:41:55: [smac_eyetest.smx | 0.8.4.0] | DF | Manolo (ID: STEAM_0:0:29103021 | IP: 79.201.141.238) was banned for cheating with their eye angles. Eye Angles: 180 180 180
c

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
My graphics card is the Gainward GeForce GTX 650, like I said it is crashed and for this moment I had a distorted ingame screen. I couldn't describe it on an other way. After several seconds the ingame get back and i saw the ban window.

I don't have the knowledge of those things, but I swear to you that the reason for this situation is the crash.

Is it possible that during the crash, the angles were dislocated, because the screen was distorted ???

Last edited:

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
My graphics card is the Gainward GeForce GTX 650, driver is 311.06 and I play full screen. like I said it is crashed and for this moment I had a distorted ingame screen. I couldn't describe it on an other way. After several seconds the ingame get back and i saw the ban window.

I don't have the knowledge of those things, but I swear to you that the reason for this situation is the crash.

Is it possible that during the crash, the angles were dislocated, because the screen was distorted ???

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hi,
The angles are handled by the engine, both from the server and the client, hence your graphic card can not access those values, the only thing that could edit those values saved in memory is an external program with read/write access to the game memory locations.

As i said in no condition it's possible to have an angle of 180 for roll. I can't even think of having a Pitch Yaw Roll of 180 in the same moment.

E: yes you may speak german to explain, anyway it will not be me handling the request then.

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
Hi,

Also spiele seit Ende 2009 CSS, seit 2010 hin und wieder auf euren Servern und bin bisher noch nie wegen Cheatens aufgefallen.

Das mit dem Ban ist wie folgt abgelaufen:

Ich spiele bei euch auf dem Server, zock entspannt bis plötzlich mein CSS Ingame-Screen verschwimmt und ich ein hässliches Knacken im Headset hab. Nach paar Sekunden baut sich CSS wieder auf ist aber noch bissl verschwommen und ich seh, dass ich gebannt wurde, was ich sehr schade finde, weil ihr die einzig vernünftigen Zombie-Server habt. Danach konnte ich mein CSS nicht mehr starten aber alle anderen Vorgänge waren noch ausführbar.

Ich vermute mal meine Grafikkarte ist abgeschmiert, was meine Eye Angels beeinflusst hat und zum Ban führte.

Jetzt besteht für mich die Frage, ob das möglich sein kann, da ich von sowas kein Plan hab, auf jeden Fall ist es wie beschrieben abgelaufen. NICHT ERFUNDEN. Gab schon mehrere Fälle, wo das aufgetreten ist.

Wie gesagt, es würde mich freuen, wenn ihr mich entbannen würdet und ich weiterhin auf euren Servern spielen könnte.

Gruß

Manolo

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
Just a smal thing to add regarding graphic card crashes.
I use a Gainward GeForce GTX 480 1,5GB. It is broken and i keep on crashing all the time when i enter CS:S. Just to add something. If your graphic card crashes, you'll get a message saying that you experienced a little something called "bluescreene". I know several IT workers in real life and they all can confirm that a "Bluescreene" is caused by you
1. Overloading the loadspeed that your card can handle(in my case, I can maximum load 1,5GB of graphics within 1 second).
2. Your Graphic card(or screencard/GPU(Graphic prossessing unit) that it is called) is broken and has huge issues starting up or starting at all. In this case, you might have used it to the max over long periods of time, causing it to melt within, causing it to be able to handle less memory/sec.

Just a smal thing. Do you use the recommended settings for CS:S? The graphic settings in your CS:S that has a * next to them.

Also here's a little cool thing for you if you want to be able to play CS:S with better quality, using Nvidia. If you go to Nvidia's homepage, you can download a free program from Nvidia that improved your Graphic quality of your game. It should also help you reducing the workload on your Graphic card if that might be the problem.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

PS: Could you get the URL to the page where this "Bug by SMAC" is talked about? Cause it is kinda hard for us to know about all the bugs that SMAC/CS:S has.

Cheers. :)

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
Yes I use the recommended settings with *. And this is the thing, it was the first it crashed, I had that never before.

The Thread is this I think, it's long time ago I read this ^^

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=217290

Like I said before I never cheated, that I can swear you. Why should I cheat on an server I really like to play on it. Yesterday I played about an hour on your server and my angles changed during the crash for several seconds only.

Last edited:

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Niko made a request at alliedmodders to confirm your ban. You may wait till he gets an answer.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Yes I use the recommended settings with *. And this is the thing, it was the first it crashed, I had that never before.

The Thread is this I think, it's long time ago I read this ^^

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=217290

Like I said before I never cheated, that I can swear you. Why should I cheat on an server I really like to play on it. Yesterday I played about an hour on your server and my angles changed during the crash for several seconds only.
that was a bug which happens when frozen, also if you notice they all have different angles, never a perfect match of 180 180 180

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
And that mean for me ?

Like I said I never cheated.

I would never request so hard, if I really was cheating. Therefore you can see that I really want to get my ass back on your server to play. ^^

Last edited:

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
I mean, it's the same situation in this Thread, so you can believe me that this story is not fictitious.

Please give me that one chance to play on your server again. If you want you can spec (observe) me the whole time I'm on your server, but I can say it more and more times that I didn't cheat on your server and never in Counter Strike and will never do it.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
There is an answer from alliedmodders which states that it's not possible that a graphic card crash leads to a ban for Eye Test Violation...

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
It's your decision, if you believe me or not. What I know is that I never cheated before, I didn't cheat and I will never cheat.

Manolo

21 Jun 2013
Here is another example of a crash, how it runs. http://www.guild-wars-2.net/technik/...bst%FCrze.html

in English:

The game collapses in completely irregular distances (10 mins, sometimes 4 hours) in a relatively strange way. Ingame Screen freezes with rather bizarre and shrill, sometimes cracking sound in Headset/loudspeaker. Furthermore after this "crash" even functions like Skype can be maneuvered normally on desktop and in folders. To explain this more precisely: If I start also only simplest functions or programs, such as Firefox, now, then these are shown completely wrongly. Buttons have partly moved, being missing put, distorted.

The only things that helps now ist to restart the PC. And then the problem is resolved.

That is the same case that happened to me, but this is only to describe the crash of the graphics card.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I think all has been said. Unless Niko changes his mind, it's case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.