Handled+ Ungag Request: klabautermann

headhunter666

1 Jan 2018
Ingame name klabautermann
SteamID STEAM_0:0:419615185

Gag reason provoking
Ungag reason
Hallo und guten Tag.

ich wurde soeben vom Admin "Paw" stummgeschaltet. Grund wurde "provoking" angegeben.
Ein paar leute und ich hatten spaß im chat und haben über irgendwelche dinge gewitzelt .. unter anderem hangover 2 + 3.

Auf einemal habe ich eine letzte Warnung vom Admin bekommen. Darauf hin habe ich ihn gefragt ob er mir das bitte erkären möchte...

... es folgte keine Erklärung, sondern eine Stummschaltung!

Warum bekomme ich eine Warnung ausgeprochen, wenn ich sowieso stummgeschaltet werde?

Damit aber nicht genug!

Ich habe meinen Namen von "klabautermann" in "klabautermann @provoke!" geändert ... das darf ich ja wohl noch?

Doch gleich darauf folgte der Rausschmiss vom Server, damit ich mit durch meine Namensänderung das Stummschalten nicht umgehe! Ist ja auch nicht möglich, da die SteamID stummgeschalten wurde.. der Admin sollte das auch wissen!

jetzt meine Fragen:

1.) warum werde ich stummgeschaltet obwohl ich nach der Warnung nichts mehr getan habe?
2.) warum wurde ich vom Server geschmissen?

Schönen Tag noch!

headhunter666

1 Jan 2018
here a translation with google translator :)

Hello and good day.

I have just been muted by admin "Paw". Reason was given "provoking".
A few people and I had fun in the chat and have joked about some things .. including hangover 2 + 3.

On one day I got a last warning from the admin. Then I asked him if he would like to tell me this please ...

... there was no explanation, but a mute!

Why do I get a warning if I am muted anyway?

But that's not enough!

I changed my name from "klabautermann" to "klabautermann @provoke!" changed ... may I still do that?

But then followed by the sacking of the server, so I do not handle with my name change the mute! Is not synonymous possible, because the SteamID was muted .. the admin should know that too!

now my questions:

1.) why am I muted even though I did not do anything after the warning?
2.) why was I thrown from the server?

Have a good time!

headhunter666

1 Jan 2018
und ja, ich weiß, dass es nur 30 minuten sind! beim nächsten Mal dann 60 Minuten - obwohl man gar nichts gemacht hat?
Aber ich finde es eine ernst zu nehmende Angelegenheit, wenn Admins ihre Rechte einsetzen!

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
This is how it went:
(Admin) Paw: No inappropriate language in chat

klabautermann : thats why you always check their fingers/hands
klabautermann : if they have hands/fingers like men, dont approach them ^^
klabautermann : was it in hangover 2, where the guy got used by a ladyboy?
klabautermann : 2 or 3?
klabautermann : that was some funny shit ^^
klabautermann : wish i was used by a man like he got
klabautermann : sadly i havent been molested yet :(

(Admin) Paw: Last warning klabautermann
(Admin) Paw: No inappropriate language in chat

klabautermann : why paw?

tyrone biggums : ITS AGAINST DA RULES HUR DURR

klabautermann : how is it inappropriate?
klabautermann : please explain

tyrone biggums : HURR DURR the rules HURR DURR

(Admin) Paw: I shouldn't need to explaing why it's inappropriate. Stop provoking
klabautermann : i asked you to explain, because its not inappropriate to me

This is where the gag was issued as he wouldn't stop.

Then he did a namechange leading to me giving a kick with the message "Don't namechange to avoid your gag"

headhunter666

1 Jan 2018
this clearly shows that I'm right and you're wrong.

after the final warning i stopped and said nothing provocative and still got gagged.

i asked you to explain ... is asking you to explain already provoking?

"This is where the gag was issued as he wouldn't stop."
i stopped and only changed name ... i was gagged already and how could i avoid the gag with a name change ...

what i want to add:
Yes, maybe my chat was not nice and funny to some people ... but i was punished after the warning when i stopped already!

I can't see any provoke after your warning!
I can't see any reason why i got kicked!

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'640
1'340
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
besides the fact that he asked for clarifications, which normally shouldn't be necessary but in this case probably was, the chat itself isn't disgusting to a point where it needs to be blocked.
We're playing a mature game rated 18+ (i just checked on the hard CD case i have here).

Based on those facts here are my thoughts:
  • the block should be deleted (an SPA or I can do that)
  • admins should have a liiiiittle ticker skin (i quote an SPA on this hahah)
  • headhunter666 should still keep in mind that even if it's not explicitly forbidden by the rules, sentences such as "sadly i havent been molested yet" are both immature and to a minor degree provocative.
Anything to say against this?

Reactions: Havoc

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
I admit that the gag might have been a bit harsh, but after having received a good amount of warnings and then trying to tell him to stop asking as to why "sadly i havent been molested yet" is an immature and unnecessary way of expressing yourself (Which I agree didn't come out as clear by me telling him to "Stop provoking", because I also have certain expectations to the players to trust an admins' decission based on the "Bannable offences: 6. Not following instructions by admins") I felt that a gag was necessary, because it's a pretty self-explainatory question and a waste of time to answer if you ask me, which Is why considered it trolling/provoking.

Sure, I can "thicken" myself a bit more, but I think you should atleast make the rules (Or the "admins knowledgebase") more clear regarding "Foul/Inappropriate language" as it's not that descriptive and rather up to the admin ingame to decide what is and isn't inappropriate/foul language since there isn't much said about it and players might use the excuse "It's an 18+ rated game, why can't i swear/talk about that inappropriate topic" while me as admin have to decide what is right or wrong based on my opinions regarding foul/inappropriate language and then get reported for abuse. In "4.3 punishable/Non-punishable infractions it says: "Light Insulting/Spamming: For example threating someone of a "noob" is not punishable" Is anything above "noob" considered punishable?

Unless I've missed something crucial in the knowledgebase (Which I'm sorry if I did during my "training" though i still check on it once in a while if I'm curious about something) or in the archive Havoc was talking about earlier on slack.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
i honestly think @Paw got a point. When i read his transcript all i saw was a troll, someone who was pushing Paw's buttons.
Talking about ladyboys and molestation is clearly inappropriate language on our servers. And i would never bother trying to explain why its inappropriate to someone.
However, as @Nikooo777 says, the game is 18+ but we all know most of our demographic are under 18, so again why the need to explain? Its not appropriate language in a regular conversation even.

Another point, gaging someone who provokes you is a good way to send a message to the players to keep the chat clean and to the other trolls. I do that sometimes to control the chat and make players think twice before typing something foolish.

I think that @Paw is right in saying that in this situation it was up to him to react and choose what to do with @headhunter666
And a 30 min gag isnt that bad.

i might be wrong too and all this is a misunderstanding.
@Paw @headhunter666 maybe the two of you should both approach this with more explaining & understanding the situation, and less attacking & defending what you did?

Reactions: Dataworm and Paw

headhunter666

1 Jan 2018
i would totally understand if i was punished before i got the warning!

but what i don't understand is the punishment after the warning when i already stopped and the kick cause of the name change.

for me, this case can be closed!

have a nice day!