Year 2022/2021 in Review

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Hello dear fattiez,

another year passed by and since I already missed it last year, I would like to show you some server stats.
Below you can see the activity stats for the V3 zombie server in 2021 and 2022.

I dont want to spend too much words on it or try to reason how holidays, christmas etc affect the activity. But I should at least explain a few things so that everyone can really understand what is shown here and how to interpret it:

First of all you will see a clear gap in March 2021. Maybe some of you remember that the server warehouse (which was hosting the V3 server) burned down at that time and as consequence the server was also down for some time until an old backup was restored with outdated settings. So it took a bit longer until the stats were also gathered again.
Collecting those stats that you can see here started around October/November 2021. So when we are talking about "New Players" down below, then we refer to players that joined the server for the first time after November 2021. So some players might be counted as new players even when they were on the server years ago but stopped visiting the server for a longer time.

So let's just go through the individual information:

Total Players: Simply the total amount of different steam accounts that connected to the server at least once in the corresponding year.
New Players: As mentioned above it specifies how many players have been seen for the first time. Combining the few numbers, one can already tell that almost 14000 users that played on the server in 2021, were still playing in 2022.
Most Active/Inactive Players: Here you can just see the players with the most (in)active players and how much time they spend on the server. Inactivity just specified how much time someone spend as spectator, while Activity refers to the time that players were not just on the server but also assigned to a team.
Connected Player Heatmap: The darker it gets, the more players were connected in that time frame. So the dark red area shows that the highest activity is usually between 15 and 21 (UTC).
Activity: Well, it's just the amount of players on the server in average. So with 64 slots on the server, 64 would also be the highest activity value shown. But for that the server would need to have 64 players all the time. And if I remember correctly the spectators are not included here. I dont remember when auto-kicking of spectators got enabled but I assume this is also a reason why the average activity in 2022 was higher than in 2021.

So enough words, here the visual part!

1672624514339.png

1672624336943.png

1672624272308.png

1672624770776.png

1672624574622.png

1672624628202.png

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
And even though this is not related to a specific year, let me just share this part of our map stats which gives you a simple impression which maps are played the most. But keep in mind that due to different map versions (including the xmas and halloween versions), these numbers might be misleading. Neither does it really tell what maps are most popular due to multiple other effects.

1672625623286.png

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Well, when admins show up in that list of inactive players, then it might actually be an indicator that they are doing a good job as admin! xD

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
Hello dear fattiez,

another year passed by and since I already missed it last year, I would like to show you some server stats.
Below you can see the activity stats for the V3 zombie server in 2021 and 2022.

I dont want to spend too much words on it or try to reason how holidays, christmas etc affect the activity. But I should at least explain a few things so that everyone can really understand what is shown here and how to interpret it:

First of all you will see a clear gap in March 2021. Maybe some of you remember that the server warehouse (which was hosting the V3 server) burned down at that time and as consequence the server was also down for some time until an old backup was restored with outdated settings. So it took a bit longer until the stats were also gathered again.
Collecting those stats that you can see here started around October/November 2021. So when we are talking about "New Players" down below, then we refer to players that joined the server for the first time after November 2021. So some players might be counted as new players even when they were on the server years ago but stopped visiting the server for a longer time.

So let's just go through the individual information:

Total Players: Simply the total amount of different steam accounts that connected to the server at least once in the corresponding year.
New Players: As mentioned above it specifies how many players have been seen for the first time. Combining the few numbers, one can already tell that almost 14000 users that played on the server in 2021, were still playing in 2022.
Most Active/Inactive Players: Here you can just see the players with the most (in)active players and how much time they spend on the server. Inactivity just specified how much time someone spend as spectator, while Activity refers to the time that players were not just on the server but also assigned to a team.
Connected Player Heatmap: The darker it gets, the more players were connected in that time frame. So the dark red area shows that the highest activity is usually between 15 and 21 (UTC).
Activity: Well, it's just the amount of players on the server in average. So with 64 slots on the server, 64 would also be the highest activity value shown. But for that the server would need to have 64 players all the time. And if I remember correctly the spectators are not included here. I dont remember when auto-kicking of spectators got enabled but I assume this is also a reason why the average activity in 2022 was higher than in 2021.

So enough words, here the visual part!

View attachment 15926

View attachment 15925

View attachment 15924

View attachment 15929

View attachment 15927

View attachment 15928
im on the list! yamato

Anthony1991

23 Dec 2022
Nederland
All I can conclude from this list is that some people need to get a job. xD No in all seriousness, awesome stats!
I'm glad that I decided to get more involved with this community, because I've been having so much fun lately with you people! :)

Let's see how 2023 will venture for y'all! Hope we can keep it growing and people become more interactive with one another!

~Anthony

Reactions: Soup^

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Here are also some old chat related stats if you are interested:

Maybe I can provide similar stats for the last two years as well, but not today! ;-)

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Not sure how I did not make it to the active player list(other than a monthly break I had I played almost every day in the server).But that is fine by me!I am proud of all the hunterz,camperz and of course not forgetting our beloved fatties in the server who still keep it alive after so many years!Let's not forget that CSS itself is 19 years old(very close to my age,goddamn) and most of the other communities do not have the activity this community has after so long!So,for the new year,let's go for double the stats!;)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Not sure how I did not make it to the active player list(other than a monthly break I had I played almost every day in the server).But that is fine by me!I am proud of all the hunterz,camperz and of course not forgetting our beloved fatties in the server who still keep it alive after so many years!Let's not forget that CSS itself is 19 years old(very close to my age,goddamn) and most of the other communities do not have the activity this community has after so long!So,for the new year,let's go for double the stats!;)
Well many players are playing there almost every day. The players that made it to the list played in average around 2-3 hours every day on the server. I didn't check your total playtime, but I assume you play less than 2 hours per day in average ;-)

Soph

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
6 May 2015
Sweden

Ciftyfent

Donator
9 Dec 2020
Ok, its time for a break now, so much Time spend in this game wtf 🤣

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
Hello dear fattiez,

most innactive players just count as people in spec, might just be watching ppl that break rules 😋 how many admins in there speccing ppl?