Zombie Server gets ruined by missmanagment !

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
Aktuell bestimmen 35% der spieler durch ein RTV welche map gespielt wird.

Das ist ein katastrophe und unfair für den großteil der Spieler , diese sind frustriert und verlassen ggfs den Server.
Diese Auswirkungen sieht man auch in den Player stats siehe "Grafik".

Das zweite Problem ist das durch "wer zuerst nominiert steht ganz vorne in der vote-liste" immer die gleichen scheiß maps gespielt werden ,was viele spieler stark frustriert .
Diese Probleme werden und wollen hier nicht gelöst werden von den Verantwortlichen.

Deshalb Warne ich hier ausdrücklich, der Server wird ruiniert durch missmanagment !

Der großteil der Spieler liebt hunting maps ,das ist fakt und auch gut verständlich, dieser nachfrage sollten "wir" nachkommen !
("wir" ich gehöre zwar nicht zu EH , engagiere mich aber durch hunting maps)

Es werden die Stammspieler vergrauelt und die "falschen" spieler angelockt.
Was daran das Problem ist ?

Die Stammspieler halten den Server am Leben ! und sorgen erst überhaupt für spielspaß.
Wer das nicht glaubt kann ja auf eine russiche "EH Server Kopie" gehen,
die spieler dort haben kein aim,hunten nicht ,covern nicht, bhopen nicht.
Es ist Urrrrrrr langweilig dort.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English Version:

Currently, 35% of the players determine through a RTV which map is played.

This is a disaster and unfair for the majority of players, they are frustrated and leave the server if necessary.
These effects can also be seen in the player stats (see Graphic).

The second problem is that we play always the same crap maps "who first nominated is at the front of the vote list" , which many players strongly frustrated.

These problems are not and will not be solved here by those responsible.

Therefore, I warn here expressly, the server is ruined by mismanagment!

The majority of players love hunting maps, that is fact and also well understandable, this demand we should follow!
("we": I do not belong to EH , but I am involved with hunting maps )

The regular players are scared away and the "wrong" players are attracted.
Why is that a problem ?

The regular players keep the server alive! and provide only at all for fun at gameplay.
Who does not believe that can go to a Russian "EH server copy",
the players there have no aim, do not hunt, do not cover, do not bhopen.

*Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

love dust_4 _3 times map change.JPG

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
Hier der Beweis für die schlecht interpolierte Grafik:

Here is the proof of the poorly interpolated graph:

love dust_4 _3 times map change.JPG

I have not told you any bullshit

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
I heartily concur. Agreeably it is frustrating waiting for hours for a hunting map, only to be rtv:d by the minority in minutes. The amount of rtv:s to enable a vote would do well to be higher.

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
I usually do NOT rtv maps, I play what it comes. But yes, it is frustrating to only see 4 fattyes and all the humans standing on boxes or other hard to reach places and waiting for a fatty to come by and crossfire it's a$s with those auto snipers. I do believe that it was a rule that said "avoid to camp, this is a hunting server".

Reactions: Lord Ansgaar

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
we will discuss this internally and see if slightly raising the threshold is necessary

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Slightly raising might not hurt but setting threshold to 50% is also not a perfect solution in my opinion. The issue here is that not every player on the server is actually active, some might just be afk and therefore not rtv even if they dont like the map. Others (like me in older times) simply just dont use rtv at all and just go afk or leave until a better map shows up. And there might still be noobs around who are not aware of how that rtv stuff works but those might not care about the map anyway. Therefore I believe that having a lower rtv threshold is fair enough cause when 30-40% of the players enter rtv, the percentage of people who would like a map change is probably greater. The only fair solution I see here is that when this threshold (~35%) of people entered rtv then a vote could be started if people would like to change map now. Nevertheless this would lead to an additional vote popping up on everyones screen and I doubt that this will greatly affect the outcome.

But I agree that other parts are not fair and could be improved. The first issue (as has been mentioned) is that one of the two first who nominate (probably a donator) will most-likely get their will. The map choice order should not be ordered by who nominated something first. Using a random order is a simple solution that Huhn already provided and in that case it is also no longer neccessary to block '2' and '3' as options.
The limited number of nominations is also a problem cause I often saw that within the first 30 seconds of a map, so many people nominated their favorite map so that the preferences will not be considered of those who are too slow or join later. Here a solution would be that there is no limit in nominations and that each map can be nominated by multiple players. Then the x maps that got nominated by most players will make it into the vote.

But even if those solutions would be fine to everyone, it does still mean that we need someone who is willing and has the knowledge to implement that. Apart from that random order, some more work might be needed here. So even when we find the perfect approach, it still depends on if we find someone who does the job. So please don't expect that ha/spa or whoever is forced to fullfil your wishes, keep in mind that if this is what the community wants, then the community might have to join the efforts to get the job done. ;-)

Reactions: Lord Ansgaar

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
The limited number of nominations is also a problem cause ...
Here it can be mention that, some players connect to the server faster than others and nominate their favorite map in the first seconds of the warmup round. When others join in later they will lose their right to nomination or, they will have a higher number on that voting list, like 8 or 9 which most likely will not get votes from players.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
we raised the threshold to 45%, we will now observe if the new value helps

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
Here it can be mention that, some players connect to the server faster than others and nominate their favorite map in the first seconds of the warmup round. When others join in later they will lose their right to nomination or, they will have a higher number on that voting list, like 8 or 9 which most likely will not get votes from players.

I would say before the warm-up, some players know how to nominate a card even before the warm-up))) Including me)
But okay, mixing the nomination is also not a very option in my opinion, since many nominate good / popular cards, and just at such a moment a good nomination will go nowhere, players often press the ill-considered "4" and play further, appropriately assigned for example a bot card (not nominated) can pass the vote ...