[ZombieHunting V1] Respawn discussion thread

SpeedoX

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Jun 2015
zm_little_italy is the worst map i ever saw, only camping

I actually thought that zm_little_italy_v3 was that map which is called zm_legends_v1, because it got the design like the cs_italy =)
But yeah many camping places there, a little bad

Reactions: colt555
14 Aug 2013
Germany
I don't like the new system in my opinion it has it flaws, respawning people have 10 seconds to kill zombies in range while they have no chance to hit you. Change it so people can first shoot their weapons when the 10 sec are over. People rush more because they don't care if they die, die once as zombie and your back as ct, change it to 1 zombie respawn if you didn't die before as zombie and last respawn as ct. In that case they have to die 2 times as zombie and would care more if they die because if they respawn as ct (last respawn token) and die again they won't respawn.

To the maps:
I like old maps so my choice will be maps I used to play around 7 years back.
zm_moonlight_v3 I can really recommend that one because it's more hunting based the other maps consist much camping places which not really fit the servers
zm_hellarch_fix_edit_v1
zm_highschool_night_v1
zm_liltown_fixed
zm_roy_highway_fix2

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
people hunt and rush for the moment, but i can bet easely that they will all camp in 10 days cuz they will get tired of being spawn-killed if they are zombie, or get knifed as cts....

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
A fix for the 10 seconds protection was coded. I will upload it today :)

mariohaddad92

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Jun 2015
BEIRUT
thank you niko for the latest fix in which u disabled firepower during the 10 sec protection ..

i would like to support the following suggestion which has already been mentioned above : the first time u die as a zombie , u respawn as ct , but after that when u die as a zombie , u respawn as zombie ... this will reduce the number of "stupid zombies" ( who happen to die in 3 seconds just to respawn as ct ) ..

as for the maps i definitely think little italy should be a regular

thanks

Reactions: Beatnuts

Beatnuts

18 May 2015
Finland
thank you niko for the latest fix in which u disabled firepower during the 10 sec protection ..

i would like to support the following suggestion which has already been mentioned above : the first time u die as a zombie , u respawn as ct , but after that when u die as a zombie , u respawn as zombie ... this will reduce the number of "stupid zombies" ( who happen to die in 3 seconds just to respawn as ct ) ..

as for the maps i definitely think little italy should be a regular

thanks

+1 for that. well i dont anymore play whole game but :D
Removing Spawning as zm in middle of round is best thing what u could make there.
-Regards Beatnuts

SpeedoX

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Jun 2015
Really should remove zm_an_canals_classic from the V1 server. Thats just the biggest camping map ever, i think it only should be on the V3. That was just the only map you shouldn't add to the V1 server, haha :D

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hey guys.
I am still thinking about it.
Spawning zombies in the middle of the game can be a gameplay breaker. what do you think?

That's why i set !zspawn to respawn as human

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Ye, the spawning zombies can be a problem if the cts are dominating. Maybe those players who are supposted to spawn as zombie should just stay dead for the rest of the round?

Reactions: Element

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
yes or remove the respawn and no problem :)
In another way, is it possible to fix the long-knives zombies kills ?? i think that the range has been increased like 2/3 month ago idk... its strange. I mean thats my impression and sometimes some zombs kills are very very long, i get attracted to her when they knife o.0

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
So, for now Enissay and i have add'ed zm_eh_fast_final to nominate-list on v1 as a trial.

If you have any request for other maps to be add'ed to v1 then request it here https://forum.elite-hunterz.info/showthread.php/9 and remember to write a reason why it should be add'ed.

- Klovn

Last edited:
Reactions: Xylon and Nikooo777

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
yes or remove the respawn and no problem :)
In another way, is it possible to fix the long-knives zombies kills ?? i think that the range has been increased like 2/3 month ago idk... its strange. I mean thats my impression and sometimes some zombs kills are very very long, i get attracted to her when they knife o.0

The long knife is actually a feature of the game.
It's called client prediction.
This exists to compensate the ping between each player. Unfortunately it cannot be prevented. the only way you can reduce the long knife is to have the fastest connection possible to the server.

Be sure to be connected to a LAN cable and have the lowest ping possible. Try to play around with stuff like cl_interp (try 0.06 ;) ) https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1fdi64/a_small_guide_on_cl_interp_and_how_it_influences/ and see what is best for you.

Reactions: colt555

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
put the respawn off the v1 and just change some maps please... Some maps are unplayable now with the respawn... So much noobs are hunting now cause they are not afraid to die with the respawn, throw nades everywhere and blok as hell.. Unplayable.

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Is it possible to add no block to those who get respawn? It's kinda annoying to getting blocked by them!

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Is it possible to add no block to those who get respawn? It's kinda annoying to getting blocked by them!
will be on my todo list

Element

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
13 Apr 2012
I also dont like the new system. Rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn etc. There´s no skill anymore, nobody even cares about dying. The gameplay has completely turned.
If you want changes - get new maps somehow, make some events and recruit players in your clan again who care about the server. Excluding the events, it´s what you have done back then and what has worked for several years.
Of course you have more players at the moment, because changes are always interesting at first. But im quite sure it won´t last for long. Good players will quit and things will get much worse than before.

Just wanted to say i support this, its taking away the orginalgameplay.
I like the respawning when you joins the server and mean we should keep that.
But when you die as CT & zombie = youre dead, and should wait, spectating the players who still survive and try to figure out a way to do that the next round you play.
For me its now seems a Rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn etc. There´s no skill anymore, nobody even cares about dying.
And when your running around and know you have none zombies behind you, and got a good kontroll of the map+players thats the part of skill, now you can randomly come 10 zombies from everywhere because of the system.

I think we should change back to the normal settings, but take with us the good ideas, better maps, maybe some more events and some other fun things. Maybe a prize for the top1 player. now its like play to be the best, at the end of the mount and starts all over again, and then agan. And the skilled players dose not comed up as the top10, its the players who got most time to sit up and play 6h at our server everyday.
i think also it should be one rank for allweps server. we all know that the easy'est way up at the top is to play inn v3.

And what are we going to do when we again lose players, for it will happend again later, css dies more and more out and css:go takes over.
so we can use the respawnoptinion again when we need a new boost off players

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
I experience humans winning almost every round. Barely any chance for zombies to win :/

Reactions: Sheyla and Element

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
the respawn protection was lowered to 7 seconds. I am working on a noblock fix as well.

I'm checking to reduce the respawns to 2 only btw.

Edit: now limited to 3 respawns to check!

Last edited:

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
a limit to only one respawn could be better in my point of view. 1 spawn = 2 lifes in-game. 3 spawns = 4. who die 4 times in a round ? No one. and when the server is full, playing at 64 players all the time is just lagging, and i dont even talk about the zombies who spawn in front of you during the round....

Reactions: Element

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
a limit to only one respawn could be better in my point of view. 1 spawn = 2 lifes in-game. 3 spawns = 4. who die 4 times in a round ? No one. and when the server is full, playing at 64 players all the time is just lagging, and i dont even talk about the zombies who spawn in front of you during the round....
this is an initial test. Let's say that those abusing the system are likely to die 4 times. if i reduce it to 2 lifes then they can only "abuse" it 3 times, which sounds more fair. I'll keep an eye on that.

However i am not sure i would like the 1 respawn only, a lot of people really enjoy playing without waiting dead.