[ZombieHunting V1] Respawn discussion thread

Element

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
13 Apr 2012
well, we need to change/ fix alot of the maps if we have so much respawns, the maps are not bild for die, respawn++
aaaand the rejoin have boosted up, we have no chance kick/ban everuone who rejoins, or well, then we lose alot of players at the server

Reactions: Havoc and Soph

Soph

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
6 May 2015
Sweden
I agree with Element. And the SLAYcommand have to be fixed, cause now the player just respawns. So its not a punishment anymore :/

T-Flash

4 Apr 2014
Turkey
twitch.tv
And most of the admins, most of the players still report that they want the old v1 back.. Interesting niko. Why you guys didn't put up a poll or something like a question-poll to everyone for voting purpose instead of deciding that shit always alone ? Isn't it better to make changes TOGETHER instead of deciding everything alone ? You guys only care about the vote in the TEAM, what is with these people who play on your servers OUTSIDE the TEAM ??

Still the same with maps, so much map suggestions, so much maps which get posted. Did any of these get added too ? Always the same features, always the same shit maps which getting bored from time to time. Everytime mostly few people thought about testing these maps, and now ? no one cares about and nothing changes, only suggestions getting in and no one care about, or do you want to say that you care about and start to put new maps on ? Don't lie to yourself, we all know that the map-list didnt change so much anyway. Just the same maps and maybe 1-2 new maps in 4-5 months which are just voteable from an admin. Really?

Last edited:

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
Hello t-flash.

The respawn feature was added to v1 as a test, and it made the server more popular, ofcourse some people are against it, but you only hear those who don't like it, those who likes it don't complain.

Regarding the map thing, Enissay and i are handling that, the maplist have never changed much, but we add a new map once in a while when a map meets the requirements, and if the players like it. We'll gladly add some new maps to v1 if they fit on the server, if you have any suggestions then post them in the add/remove request and i'll take a look at it.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
people should start to realize that no new maps are being done nowadays so it's almost impossible to add "new" maps.

Aside from that it's really only a minority that dislikes the respawn system completely. We keep on working to make it better and better.

We didn't lose players during the past month, instead we gained them:

attachment.php
as for the constructive feedback: slay will be fixed, we're trying to think of a way to fix it.

Attachments

• 2015-09-24_21-26-20.png
    2015-09-24_21-26-20.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 578

Element

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
13 Apr 2012
weell hehe sorry for taking a hardtime on you niko :D
buuut if we fix the respawn to atleast 2ct and 2 zombie it will be a bit more to help for not respawning 24/7. Its impossible to die 6times in 4:50 min, belive me, i have tryed

Reactions: colt555

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
yes sorry for inisist in this point but a reduce of the respawn will be a very good thing. i was against the respawn system at first, but it is clear that we earn new players wich is a good stuff. and when the server in mid-empty (approx 30 players) the respawn system is a clearly freakin good stuff !!! but when the server is full at 64 players, the maps that we have are clearly not made for a constant 64 players gameplay, thats why a reduce of the respawn is necessary i think. I mean u cant play correctly while the server is full, too much bloks due to a constant 64 players in. Only one or two MAX respawn will be good. And Niko, i just wanted to tell to you that a vote in-game is not shit, but not far. Most of the players dont even read what is wrote in the vote, and just clik on random buttons for disappear the vote for continue playing. That's a fact and we see that when the nomination for the map comes. 50 percent or more of the vote always comes to the map in the fourth place, and when its a not real good map, some of then leave or rtv the map that they vote. Im 90 percent sure of that, when a vote is appearing in game, u have instantly like 50 or 60 percent of the players vote, they dont read what they vote for. And u can do it 10 times in a day it will always be the same. I'm tellin you that cuz i know that you based the respawn system on that kind of vote.... it looks like a good idea cuz its directly a players vote, but in fact, its none............... :(. Now the respawn is here, and helps the server and the player when he's low or mid empty, and thats a good point. but you/we need to find a solution for the moment that he's full. Thanks.

Last edited:

ElvisZM

26 Sep 2015
Hello guys,

I'm french so excuse me for my english.

Many others and I think that the new Respawn system, in place since two months, make the server too easy for the humans. There is no longer difficulties or strategies.
I think that, and I am certainly not the only one, the server now looks like every zm CSS servers which had abandoned the difficulties to attract more casual gamers. The old system (When you die in a round, you don't resurrect) had more charm and was different of the other important zm servers.

If someone agrees with me here, make your presence known and let's start a petition to make that it backs the way it was !

Reactions: Element

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello guys,

I'm french so excuse me for my English.

Many others and I think that the new respawn system, in place since two months, make the server too easy for the humans. There is no longer difficulties or strategies.
I think that, and I am certainly not the only one, the server now looks like every zm CSS servers which had abandoned the difficulties to attract more casual gamers. The old system (When you die in a round, you don't resurrect) had more charm and was different of the other important zm servers.

If someone agrees with me here, make your presence known and let's start a petition to make that it backs the way it was !

Hi Elvis,
I completely understand your point of view and i respect it.
You are right, we moved more towards an easier gameplay rather than keeping the older one. We did this because the older game-play, while better for experienced players, would have killed the server by the end of the year.
What i mean by this is that less and less players were playing on our server and no more new players were attracted. This was a very dangerous situation and we had to switch to this system to avoid losing this server.
We will not revert the system, but I promise you that we will do the best to make it as balanced as possible.
This week you should expect an improvement as i'm going to roll out a different respawn count.

When the server has more than 50 players you will only have 2 lives, else you'll have 3

Reactions: colt555 and Soph

ElvisZM

26 Sep 2015
Hi Elvis,
I completely understand your point of view and i respect it.
You are right, we moved more towards an easier gameplay rather than keeping the older one. We did this because the older game-play, while better for experienced players, would have killed the server by the end of the year.
What i mean by this is that less and less players were playing on our server and no more new players were attracted. This was a very dangerous situation and we had to switch to this system to avoid losing this server.
We will not revert the system, but I promise you that we will do the best to make it as balanced as possible.
This week you should expect an improvement as i'm going to roll out a different respawn count.

When the server has more than 50 players you will only have 2 lives, else you'll have 3

Thanks for your answer.
However, I didn't feel like that the server was dying... When I arrived on this server, in june, it was often complete most of the day, turning averaging about 45 players minimum.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Thanks for your answer.
However, I didn't feel like that the server was dying... When I arrived on this server, in june, it was often complete most of the day, turning averaging about 45 players minimum.

the downfall happened later:

attachment.php

you can see the trend is still not positive. However it's better than in august

Attachments

• 2015-09-27_18-43-14.png
    2015-09-27_18-43-14.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 710

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I implemented the new rates!

• players > 50 = only 1 respawn
  • players < 50 = 2 respawns

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
possible make ct resp be noblock when they got that protection? its annoying when they are blocking all time?
yes we're working on that. a solution is ready but needs to be patched quikcly

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
hi , just wanted to point out that the limits of the respawn doesnt work...

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hi , just wanted to point out that the limits of the respawn doesnt work...
Hey are you sure??
It appeared to me they were working when i tested it

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
Yes i'm sure about that, check the following screenshots that i just took. and btw, i didn't joined the game in a round already started, wich should had cost me a respawn, i started it like the others players.

Attachments

• 2015-10-09_00004.jpg
    2015-10-09_00004.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 530
  • 2015-10-09_00010.jpg
    2015-10-09_00010.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Yes i'm sure about that, check the following screenshots that i just took. and btw, i didn't joined the game in a round already started, wich should had cost me a respawn, i started it like the others players.
will fix later today. thanks for reporting