Stop zstuck spam

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Hi,

!zstuck always lead to quite some spam in the ingame-chat. But for quite some time things got even worse cause people combine it with other texts that they write behind that command. This way it floods the chat even more, many of them use it more frequently rather for spam than for getting unstuck. In the end they can still argue that they tried to get unstuck when someone complains about spam. By the way more than 43% of all chat messages are !zstuck-commands. In the recent time the percentage might be even higher...

Usually most of the commands do not work at all if called with additional unexpected arguments/contents at the end. This is what I would expect at least to avoid that it gets misused for spam. Additionally it could be discussed if it would be better to not show that command at all in chat, but I am aware that there might be fair reasons why it should stay visible.

If you provide me with the script, I might be able to perform the required changes if nobody else should be available to do so.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
The idea is not bad at all, I had already proposed to add the command /zstuck for those who wanted not to spam it in the chat / to be discreet (like me) and it seems to me that DeltaForce had done that
But it has both a positive and negative side to remove its display :

Positive : Sometimes when you need to check the chat you find yourself "immersed" among all these commands, removing it would be much clearer

Negative : New players, despite there being [SERVER] messages, don't have the instinct to use it, and seeing it in chat among other players can help with its use

Me as an admin I never checked if a "possible blocker" uses the !zstuck or not, and anyway we don't know the player's raise count, he can very well bluff and you can even hide it since I asked for it using sm_zstuck or /zstuck.. and there, apart from the logs, there is no display anywhere

So for me, I agree to remove the display in the chat, and also the display of the !scream if it's possible

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Yeah thanks, those were exactly the arguments I had in mind as well. I am not sure if it's better or not to hide !zstuck completely, but at least I see no good reason why we should not at least 'restrict' the additional spam contents ;-)

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
Sometimes I encourage players to use / instead of ! in order to avoid spamming the chat, but as Dataworm mentioned some of them are attaching a message after the command, especially the player Pizza. I personally use / for both stuck and scream commands. Here maybe is possible to make the plugin to "see" ! as / and hide the command.

Jonas_k_94

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2014
Norway
Since /zstuck are enabled, then I suggest to change the line below, to using / instead of !

[SERVER] Laggy server? This happens when players stuck in other players. Type [!zstuck] when server gets laggy to avoid it.

This may reduce some spamming, perhaps, but most people have binded the !zstuck and most zombie players are used to !commands

But by doing so, it migh reduce spamming abit and yet new players will see others still using !zstuck ?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I guess we should also do the same for !scream and this can surely be hidden entirely.
Who is making the decision or with who should I discuss the next steps?! ;-)

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
worth at least changing the ads. I did that.
we can always start hiding the message and I've considered it, but there are indeed some cons

Reactions: Jonas_k_94

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
Sometimes I encourage players to use / instead of ! in order to avoid spamming the chat, but as Dataworm mentioned some of them are attaching a message after the command, especially the player Pizza. I personally use / for both stuck and scream commands. Here maybe is possible to make the plugin to "see" ! as / and hide the command.

I guess we should also do the same for !scream and this can surely be hidden entirely.
Who is making the decision or with who should I discuss the next steps?! ;-)
As you mentioned above - "Here maybe is possible to make the plugins to "see" ! as / and hide the command."
no need to get a new plugins to clear the chat spam

just do this :
(from sourcemod.cfg - ../cfg/sourcemod/...cfg)

// Specifies the amount of time that is allowed between chat messages. This
// includes the say and say_team commands. If a client sends a message faster
// than this time, they receive a flood token. When the client has accumulated
// 3 or more tokens, a warning message is shown instead of the chat message.
// --
// Requires: antiflood.smx
// Default: 0.10
sm_flood_time 0.10

Anti-flood plugins automatically send messages to client and other client cant see if players are spamming...
plugins will warn automatically

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
we can always start hiding the message and I've considered it, but there are indeed some cons
totally agree about the cons.

@Nikooo777 Is it possible to restrict the use of this command to the exact match of !zstuck - and prevent it from being used with the spammy messages (like !zstuck ring my dingeling, !zstuck PUTIN WINS, !zstuck XYZ is a noob, etc.)? This imo is the real spam issue here...

Reactions: Dataworm

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
This is possible for sure. But the question remains who is doing it or who should I talk to if I am the one who has to do this in the end?! ;-)

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
Sourcepawn is cancer, but sometimes you have to deal with it! :-D
if sourcepawn is cancer then c and c++ is blood cancer tbh, i am doing application development course .. so i know how its works and how sourcepawn works too
80% of logic in sourcepawn is c++ logic

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
that's why I write in Golang.

Anyways, the code is ready, it just needs to be quickly patched with the right collision group. I have a new set of eyes on it.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Got patched recently, this spam situation will hopefully improve in near future! =)

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
patch was bad though... apparently I was working with a super old copy of the source code... looking into it still