The 4way map might need a few changes

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
The map 4way_tunnel seiously need to get more than 1 spawn. It's so extremely laggy that nomatter how good your computer is, you always get 2 FPS when the round starts. Also it will need to get wider corridors when you spawn. There's no way that these smal corridors are good when there's 64 people spawning at the same time, trying to run through those tight corners. So I was just wondering, is there a few or just 1 new updated version of the 4way tunnel map? I know there's a EH version of it but it doesn't solve the lagg issues when the spawn comes, it only solve a few of the issues that we admins have been facing when we have been forced to ban for. Would it be plausible to make 2-3 spawns with a decent distance from each other so that it could reduce the lagg issues + make it easier to get out of spawn when the round starts?

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
6 Jun 2010
Denmark
2 fps? No.. I get normal fps 50-100 :p

4lpha-DoG

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
6 Mar 2012
Germany, Berlin
i would like to see one change"that those double doors cant be closed no more"
1: less kicks/less slays/less bans=less stress for people/and for admins aswell,and people wont get TK as zombie or as human.
and will improve EH 4way servers. just my thought.

Yes! Please remove that shit double doors
and of course.. double ladders would not be bad :)

BTW: 4way isnt a good hunting map at all :p

Last edited:

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
The V3 server seems to be more laggy @ spawn compared to the V1 and V2 but im nt sure if it is something about the server specs or anything else. also 64 people at a that smal spawn is laggy :p

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I could block the doors with a plugin :)
Changing radically the map will piss off players though

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
4way is a Great hunting Map ! I love it :>

And i think the Doors should stay its kinda a "4way thingy"

But double ladders would be Great yes, or a teleport haha so none blocks :D

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
The best solution would be to change the map so you can close the doors the first time after a zombie passes trough and if you close the doors on players, it just opens again and doesn't kill anybody.
Or that you can open the doors from both sides as human.

But i have no experience in map triggers :(

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
That map is awesome...

And yes for improvements like: multi spawn, double ladders. but doors must still :p...

One improvement to the plugin may be to open separately left and right doors... coz sometimes, zombies are in a side and humans in the other, if I open both doors, many ppl will get infected... Also giving access to this to all humans would be great too :)

I've never made a map on my own [I started once... didnt go far]... But i'll be glad to help in anyway under somone's comand :D

Cheers

Last edited:

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
2 fps? looks like you just have a really bad PC, I never go below 100.

Maxgs

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 May 2011
2 fps? looks like you just have a really bad PC, I never go below 100.

I got below 40 fps even with my gtx 580 so thats kinda unbelievable that you never droped below 100^^

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I got below 40 fps even with my gtx 580 so thats kinda unbelievable that you never droped below 100^^

Depends on your CPU more than your GPU, I'll get a screenshot when I'm next on 4way, pretty sure it's 100 at spawn.

Maxgs

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 May 2011
try v3 :p

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I tried to change the map before, but the map editor decided to add stuff and he gave an unfinnished 4way with a lot of changes. the doors is indeed something we can work with.

About the fps: 150-250 in spawn

Viper what kinda graphic card you got? And processor?

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
I only can dream of *_*

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
zzzz it barely changes..

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I think The Viper was exaggerating with 2fps, he's right there's gonna be a drop in fps no matter how good your setup is, but that is completely normal because of the fact that many players are spawning in front of you, not forgetting the fact that they are buying weapons, and each ct/t is trying to get out of that claustrophobic place...

BTW as you might know, the server needs to receive information from every single client and send them back, then tell each client where all the other clients are in terms of him, and the amount of times it needs to do this in 1 seconds depends on the different rate commands that each client has set them to (for example cl_cmdrate 66 and cl_updaterate 66 means 66 times in 1 second), if there are a lot of clients in the view of the player that are moving, buying/changing weapons, throwing nades at others feet etc. etc., then there is obviously going to be some drop in fps...

And that is why it would be heavily appreciated if a kind mapper would have the time to make a remake with a bigger spawn area (or multiple spawn areas) :)