The Knife-Through Glitch

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
Hello fellas, dear zombie hunters.
I'm suggesting here a rule to be added to the servers. (Or maybe more likely to inform people about this, and make the usage of it punishable.)
It's about utilising a map/game glitch.
I've myself just recently found out about this glitch where you can (as a zombie) knife a CT through a container, or maybe even a van.
I do not think that the game developers wanted it to be that way, since you are not even able to shoot through a fence with a shotgun.
It's kinda slight game glitch but can really ruin someones fun as it is not meant to be. And most of the players
do not probably even know about this glitch, correct me if I am wrong.
Might have seen some "newbies" try to knife a CT through a container without managing to do so, but lately I've also seen a lot of this happening by someone "better" player. Ain't no fun to get infected through materials.

Therefore, I'd like this glitch utilising to be forbidden, and admins take some sort of action against people
who are using it. (As you normally punish people for exploiting the map.)

Here's also a few pictures just to clarify. (Map : Marbble.)
glitch1.jpg
glitch2.jpg
glitch3.jpg
glitch4.jpg

Reactions: Blue™

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
It is such a pain and it does ruin so many good spots, other maps have the same ''props/structures'' w/e you call them. I didn't even know this was possible until I got killed by it myself.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I think there are several people (like me) who are aware of that glitch. But probably most of the players really don't know about it. Also as far as I know there are quite less players really using that bug.

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
I think there are several people (like me) who are aware of that glitch. But probably most of the players really don't know about it. Also as far as I know there are quite less players really using that bug.

Yes, mostly people who play a lot on the server/are good players know about this bug. Wouldn't you be annoyed a little if you were surviving on top of a container, but then someone knifes you through it?
I think it's frustrating and should be forbidden to use.
Would like to hear more opinions about this.

+ ADD. I've been trying to use it myself while recording, just for 'proof.' (as if it's needed)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Yeah it already happened to me a few times but I didn't care about it much. However you got a fair point. But obviously fixing the glitch would be the best solution...

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
Yeah it already happened to me a few times but I didn't care about it much. However you got a fair point. But obviously fixing the glitch would be the best solution...

Yes probably. But for that we need someone smarter than me.
Maybe one solution would be changing the containers/vans and replacing them with other 'props'.
This is where we need someone with good map editing skills, Xylon/WolfRam?
Another solution could be changing some server settings which may cause this bug, but I highly doubt it's because of server settings.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
No don't think that it has anything to do with server settings. Those props are for sure a bit buggy. But I guess with a small invisible floor/ceiling at that positions it could be easy to fix.

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
We will need someone with the skill of editing the maps to take a closer look at this when they have time.
Meanwhile could we agree it to be punishable if people are utilising this glitch?
For that we'll need more opinions from admins and other staff.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
im not sure you can do it through van, but you can knife someone through a container. we have known about this for a year. but its not easy to do and some are easier than others.
i think the one on canals classic is fixed. thats the one who used to be the biggest problem. the others havent really been an issue. players dont do it much.

But can you guys report the maps where this has happened? (not every map with a container)

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
im not sure you can do it through van, but you can knife someone through a container. we have known about this for a year. but its not easy to do and some are easier than others.
i think the one on canals classic is fixed. thats the one who used to be the biggest problem. the others havent really been an issue. players dont do it much.

But can you guys report the maps where this has happened? (not every map with a container)

I agree with that players don't do it much. There are some days when I might see someone actually managing to knife through a container.
And I think I've seen this happen with the van in Marbble, also the containers in Marbble.
eh_fast_final has a blue container which also has this issue. (pic)
Those are the two maps I can name straight away, I'll list more if I see this happen in other maps.

Attachments

• ehfast.jpg
    ehfast.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 417

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
This is actually very easy to do and am guilty of doing it myself (even testing which areas it can be done in, which seem a few so far ) if there was a rule i would not do it for sure. Definitely have a video or two from the last couple of games, i will upload them and post here.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Just to point out a few things, barring map changes they were all in one match (not fluke hits), the first 6 hits are the latest so it's clearly getting easier. I have only been playing this mod the amount of time i have been on this server (about two months i think) so haven't really had much chance to use it and didn't see much point in reporting anything unless it can be repeated and used.

Finny

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Apr 2010
Finland
Thanks Docta for the video, this really helps to get the point. I myself was never able to knife through the containers even I tried it many times, for the clip.
I would really like other admins opinions about this, as Lotus said in the other thread He thinks that using this is just part of game mechanics and unpunishable.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
No problem Finny, i would say that if this interferes with the environment in a way that isn't deemed well, then you would need to consider stuff like that elevator exploit on chambers, they offer similar kind of impunity and both exploit non-movable props (in fact, elevator is probably worse cos there is practically no counter). Anyway, not for me to discuss my lovelies.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
@Finny im a but unsure what you meant, but this is ofcouse not punishable, just so we all are clear about that. its a quirk in source, just like bhop and longknifes. cant punish for it.
but, i think we can update the maps where its most needed. that is why i want you guys to report only the maps where you have experienced this before :)

Reactions: Finny

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
@WolfRam only map where i know it's an issue is fast_final on the blue container with a fence on it
@Xylon made that map, so he can make an update to it.

That glitch is also possible on zm_rush_final_2 container.
Lost made that map, but i can always take a look at it. but with that map i think we should also fix a few of the other bugs, like knifing zm to the roof.

When it comes to marbble, i made the updated version of that, so i can fix it. btw, are there anything you v1 guys want changed/removed? can you shoot the car on the v1 version?