The Knife-Through Glitch

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Finny, 2 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Finny

Finny Well-Known Member Donator

Hello fellas, dear zombie hunters.
    I'm suggesting here a rule to be added to the servers. (Or maybe more likely to inform people about this, and make the usage of it punishable.)
    It's about utilising a map/game glitch.
    I've myself just recently found out about this glitch where you can (as a zombie) knife a CT through a container, or maybe even a van.
    I do not think that the game developers wanted it to be that way, since you are not even able to shoot through a fence with a shotgun.
    It's kinda slight game glitch but can really ruin someones fun as it is not meant to be. And most of the players
    do not probably even know about this glitch, correct me if I am wrong.
    Might have seen some "newbies" try to knife a CT through a container without managing to do so, but lately I've also seen a lot of this happening by someone "better" player. Ain't no fun to get infected through materials.

Therefore, I'd like this glitch utilising to be forbidden, and admins take some sort of action against people
    who are using it. (As you normally punish people for exploiting the map.)

Here's also a few pictures just to clarify. (Map : Marbble.)
    glitch1.jpg glitch2.jpg glitch3.jpg glitch4.jpg

Blue™ likes this.
  2. Blue™

Blue™ Actually red EliteHunterz Clan Member Ex Admin Donator

It is such a pain and it does ruin so many good spots, other maps have the same ''props/structures'' w/e you call them. I didn't even know this was possible until I got killed by it myself.

3. Dataworm

Dataworm Well-Known Member Gameserver admin

I think there are several people (like me) who are aware of that glitch. But probably most of the players really don't know about it. Also as far as I know there are quite less players really using that bug.

4. Finny

Yes, mostly people who play a lot on the server/are good players know about this bug. Wouldn't you be annoyed a little if you were surviving on top of a container, but then someone knifes you through it?
    I think it's frustrating and should be forbidden to use.
    Would like to hear more opinions about this.

+ ADD. I've been trying to use it myself while recording, just for 'proof.' (as if it's needed)

5. Dataworm

Yeah it already happened to me a few times but I didn't care about it much. However you got a fair point. But obviously fixing the glitch would be the best solution...

6. Finny

Yes probably. But for that we need someone smarter than me.
    Maybe one solution would be changing the containers/vans and replacing them with other 'props'.
    This is where we need someone with good map editing skills, Xylon/WolfRam?
    Another solution could be changing some server settings which may cause this bug, but I highly doubt it's because of server settings.

7. Dataworm

No don't think that it has anything to do with server settings. Those props are for sure a bit buggy. But I guess with a small invisible floor/ceiling at that positions it could be easy to fix.

8. Finny

We will need someone with the skill of editing the maps to take a closer look at this when they have time.
    Meanwhile could we agree it to be punishable if people are utilising this glitch?
    For that we'll need more opinions from admins and other staff.