Allow Russian language

Discussion in '[CS:S] EliteHunterZ's ZombieHunting & more' started by USA, 7 Dec 2018 at 20:05.

?

Do you approve?

This poll will close on 14 Dec 2018 at 20:05.
  1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

88.9%
  1. USA

USA Member

Hello. On the zombie server a lot of Russian-speaking players.
    We understand simple phrases in English, and partly can answer, but the level of knowledge of the English language leaves much to be desired.

But there are situations when you want to unite with the players, take up defense and stick together, fight off the zombies in a team, it’s very difficult to explain your sentence in English.

I suggest to allow the Russian language, because Almost all the players from the countries of the former Soviet Union speak and understand Russian.

If you are worried about the problem of advertising, insults and other violations using the Russian language, then you can make a couple of Russian-speaking admin and give them access only to the command !mute, i.e. it will be just a chat moderator, but not a server, i.e. admin without the possibility of kick, blocking, etc.

2. Tuxedo_Mask

Tuxedo_Mask Well-Known Member Gameserver admin Donator

Buy P90 and Rush B Cyka Blyat! :D

M.Bison and ///M3Power like this.
  3. USA

USA Member

I see the majority voted against the communication of Russian-speaking players, this is sad, but I have to make a majority decision.
    Only I will have a request to those who voted, write why you are against it, because it looks like discrimination of the Russian-speaking community.
    You are being taught in Europe to be tolerant, to love blacks, to love lgbt representatives, this is very good, but why don't you love Russians so much ...

4. AsH

AsH Well-Known Member Staff Member Special Admin EliteHunterz Clan Member Tech Admin Donator

Because this is the way we prefer things to be. While we are a multicultural community, and welcome any individual from any part of the globe to play on our servers, we have decided to keep our forms of communication to two languages. Two very widespread languages, that most of the world potentially knows. Most of our staff/admin team can speak both those languages. Which enable us a firm grasp of situations on the server. Adding another language, especially one as difficult as Russian, being in the form that not even the alphabet is the same is just not something that is in our interest.

Perhaps if we ever did something along those lines, it would be a single server exclusive type of thing. But seeing as we do not have enough of a player-base, that also is out of the cards. At least at this moment in time. You never know what the future might bring. This is not a matter of discrimination, simply a matter of efficiency.

Kind Regards

Special Admin
    AsH

Tuxedo_Mask likes this.
  5. USA

USA Member

Thank you for the detailed response.

The problem of the alphabet can be solved by allowing Russian words to be written in English letters. For example Столица - Stolica, Водка - Vodka, Медведь - Medved. In Russia, this is called transliteration. You will see your font, and the Russians will be able to speak.

According to Wikipedia, the Russian language is more common and popular than German.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

6. USA

USA Member

I read the forum and found the topic "Unban my chat in game please", in which a Russian-speaking player was banned.
    It is certainly cruel that you block him for the Russian language, but he really broke the rules and tried to stir up political swearing, he is well deservedly blocked.
    Please do not judge all Russian-speaking players by this person. This is the usual troll, which a lot of the Internet.
    Perhaps because of this player, many of you hate Russian players, but you are mistaken; there are many good people among Russians.
    Politics and game are not compatible.

7. easy

easy Well-Known Member Staff Member Special Admin EliteHunterz Clan Member Donator

I just banned your chat for racism. What are you talking about? Tolerance and keep politics out of chat?

Keep your racist crap where it belongs: In your toilet. I already warned you this week at v3, 20 minutes before you postet this thread. Unbelievable... know this is a FINAL WARNING. Next time I read crap like that in game chat I will permanently remove your ability to use our chat!

Easy out....

TheDude likes this.
  8. USA

USA Member

You did everything right. I do not request unban chat me. If I violated the rules of the server in the opinion of the administration, I am ready to be punished. It's okay.

I am tolerant and not racist.
    I do not hate blacks and do not incite ethnic hatred.
    In addition, Negroes in music call themselves and other black Negroes, why are they not racists, but I am racist?
    If you want to discuss this topic, I invite you to the offtopic section, there is a special topic about racism, and this topic is not related to racism.

9. Dataworm

Dataworm Ex-Admin Ex Admin

Such discussions were made over and over again USA. The thing is that if we allow russian or any other language then we might have to allow every language for fairness and this is simply something the admins would like to avoid atm. And yeah me and others agreed that german should also not be allowed for fairness (even though I am german) but thing is that german was allowed for years due to the big german community on this server. Restricting german now would lead to chaos, confusion and maybe also a great loss of players. Therefore german is still allowed for historic reasons but allowing all languages can make it hard for admins to keep the chat clean...

10. USA

USA Member

I really like German language and Germany in the last century.
    I like the German people, by no means call for restricting the German language.
    Due to the fact that the server is expanding the Russian-speaking community of players, I propose only to expand the chat to the Russian language.