Elite-hunterZ and GoFree turning green today!

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Dear community,
Gas prices have been rapidly increasing and our old rusty servers aren't like those Teslas out there: new servers (very expensive) are electric powered and cannot run gameservers for old games (such as css and csgo), old servers run on gas but support all games released before ~2015.
This has lead to a significant surge in costs for our in-house team to continuously refill the server tanks with the cheapest gas we can find, however with the uncertainty surrounding these times, we can't guarantee a future for our servers without some drastic measures.
For this reason and because of our love for the environment, we will begin shutting down our servers at 9pm until 6am (21:00-06:00) every day, starting today, so that our servers get some time to cool down, save on gas and contribute to slowing down climate change.
Hopefully this will also shorten those insane long knives on CS:S and will lead to more precise timings on CS:GO.

Drop a like if you too support our fight against the forced replacement of gas powered servers, so vital for gameservers.

Game on my friends!

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'204
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Also take note that the easter bunny will collaberate with santa claus during this month and hand out free eggs/gifts to people who donate #greengas for santas sled as the cost of upkeeping the reindeers has drastically increased since russia invaded ukraine. Therefor there Will be No christmas presents this year. Thank you for your understanding - santas little helper

Reactions: Nikooo777

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Im very sorry to hear that. If worst comes to worst i have an idea for how to secure the future of eh. Hope this can help you out:

Reactions: SOUR and Nikooo777

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I would suggest another timeframe. We have a much lower player activity from 01:00 to 10:00. Therefore you should rather shutdown V3 around that time. And V1 and mg server are quite useless. We should switch them off and only switch them on for events/meetups. This way we can keep V3 alive for much longer!

1648824925681.png

Jonas_k_94

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2014
Norway
Great idea! This will have a big impact on the planet in the long run <3