EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Pros: good looking map
Cons: No camp spots for v3 players which Will eventually lead to everyone rtv the map trust me ;)
https://gyazo.com/901d1de06f5a07648aa31c5bf68fde84 - Got some vhpysics errors and sound errors at the start of the round

https://gyazo.com/0553cb3ff5277fa0445079f2797b07ee - i noticed you have alot of props packed together this could lead to big fps drops in the future.

https://gyazo.com/77aa4314614528c9572a06addc76050d - I see alot of decals in the map and not info_overlay this will also decrease fps since you have alot of them around.

https://gyazo.com/14a96889220bbc0f5460f2776d77e181 - The prison door on the left kept swining open and bugging out when the jail was active.

Also the map is very narrow and compact so its going to be hard to hunt there from what i experienced, but only time can tell if it gets tried on v3

I hope this feedback helps!

Last edited:

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
thx for your help.

"zh_" means this is a map for "zombie hunters" , i built already a map for the common v3 players.

There is a princip behind the map.

1. You have to controll areas ,if you have defend this areas against the zombie mass, you have to hunt the last zombies, that is the main goal.

2. The areas are really easy to control ,the ways are small and there is mostly only one way to the area.

3. I make the hunting easier in small rooms with light signals, if a zombie stand behind a edge the light flickers or enable light when zombie stands in a room.

4.This map should give the players a hunting experience.
The thrill when you know there is a zombie behind the edge ,and everything depents on your reflexes and the right moment.
Your team stands behind you and watch you if you lose or success after this your team have to react on this.
Or the thrill when you drive up/down in the elevator with a small team and you dont know if you team will succeed.
furthermore the design and the effects should intence the thrill, like the squeaky elevator ^^ and the flickering light.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Your team stands behind you and watch you if you lose or success after this your team have to react on this.

It think this way it is more likely: "Your team stands behind you and blocks you..." :-D

Reactions: Janno

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
yes that could be problematic :p but you can decide if you go into the elevator with a hord of noobs.
it would be really funny when you see them go up and get infect after 20 sec. :D
after that they will come down in the elevator and you can kill them easy.:cool:

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I see your concept, and trust me i love the zombie hunting maps (afterall im a elite-hunter) but im afraid the v3 campers hate it, thats why i said maybe add a camp spot but thats of course up to you man :)

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
now i changed a lot of decals into overlays and i add more occluders to improve the graphic performance.
I fix the sporadic elevator bug (you got teleported when you go into)
I added clouds and fog and a lot of more effects and details.
I changed the tail of the ship now you can walk around the commando bridge.

Attachments

• zh_ghost_ship_v4.rar
    18.1 MB · Views: 9

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
uploaded to v1 :)

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
tested on V1 without any faults.
People often say that the map is maybe to little , i will add maybe a machine room. (in progress)

lsmithx2

11 Feb 2021
Norfolk, UK
I like the zombie maps and this looks like one I would play on. I agree with the camping spots for human players as i am one to hide with a group of others or sometimes find the best place I can away from zombies.

Nice work though :)

Reactions: Janno

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
I think when players play a new map they challenged to search for the best camp spot , but there they will find not one in the frist round , nothing. (not like dust2 or azsszeduct)
They have a new challenge in the second round :"what will I do to dont be infected, there must be away to alive" and yeah there is a way , stay together .
The small ways are really really easy to defend, this map is not nearly so difficult like office_rush or dust2.
I want to give the players a easy challenge on this map "to defend areas" , the more difficult challenge for the professionals is " to hunt the zombies".
I think there is no map in the map pool with this balancing ,it is a kind of experiment.
maybe this map is to easy ?

Jonas_k_94

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2014
Norway
Love the map, but I believe its need more spots/space and perhaps it's not enough spawning slots for 64 players? Tryed it on v1 and brings back some memories from zm_roy_the_ship. :D
I know you what you were writing above me Janno, but maybe it'll be a mess with 64 players?

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
yeah, i know your concerns.
I will extend the map with a machine room and make the area below deck longer.
There is enough space in the ship to create more rooms it is ca. 2 times so huge like roy_the_ship.;)
But it is a lot of work to add more rooms and keep the gamebalance in mind.

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
the machine room will be a funny spot too, zombies can close this area and cage the humans.
A Siren and red light gets activtated , the human have 8 sec. to get out, than the room gets dark with weak red light.
The humans outside can see through a window how the cought humans fight against the zombies or get invected. "Schadenfreude" :D
zh_ghost_ship_v200000.jpg

Last edited:

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
here is a compare between roy_the _ship and ghost_ship
zm_roy_the_ship_extreme0001.jpg zm_roy_the_ship_extreme0000.jpg

Attachments

• zm_roy_the_ship_extreme0002.jpg
    zm_roy_the_ship_extreme0002.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 19