Regarding EH Discord Server

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Niko said a new thread here is fine,so here it goes:

About the new EH Discord server now open for everyone to join,I had this suggestion in my mind:

- Make a "server tracking" channel with a bot that will mention the server,the name of the map,players currently on the server and the name of the map being played,as well as a direct-link to join the server.
Also make it so that if a player chooses a favourite map,he can be notified whenever it's being played on the server.
- I know this is already what the forum is about but I also considered about making a "calladmin" channel where players could message about current rulebreaking happening and notifying any admin currently online on Discord,so that they don't have to take action themselves (record a demo,keep screenshots and make a ban/gag request).

Let me know your opinions on my ideas,I think they would be great to have a "breath of fresh air" in the server :)

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I like this idea, ive see the same bot on different discords communities :)

Reactions: DrFiction

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
Also make it so that if a player chooses a favourite map,he can be notified whenever it's being played on the server.

fav map notification is good idea, a bot that dm's players when fav map hits. bot should have a map list or so, so ppl gets the right name and all the special maps too.

If the server plays a special map I like then it would be nice being notified and jump on for a round etc.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
calladmin already exists unless it was deactivated. But I think it was usually ignored by most admins :-D

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
It would also be a good idea if they added a notification channel for whenever forum messages are posted, so that others can be notified.
That's what the forum is already about mate,forum stuff should stay in the forum and not associated with the Discord server.

Reactions: sxmity

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
notifying any admin currently online on Discord
I'd like to make it clear that the community discord is NOT the admins discord. admins are not required to be on the community server and are not treated differently than community members. we already have an admins only discord.
I understand the interest in creating a more direct line between admins and players for such things, but this is what the forum is for. While I understand that you could summon an admin way faster by bothering them via discord, I also think that admins should not be "on call" 24/7.
If you're friends with an admin, you can contact them privately. If no admin is ingame, make a demo and file a report.
Use discord to enjoy the community, make friends and play together.

As for the other suggestions, I don't see why not in a way or another, but somehow has to program those features. perhaps I will. for now you can certainly use !stats to see the status live.
I might add more stuff like favorite map notifier

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
calladmin already exists unless it was deactivated. But I think it was usually ignored by most admins :-D
The function got abused a lot :) Calling admins for no apparent reason, like if a player is blocking, and the other player doesn't know about /zstuck. That function should be used only for cheaters and exploiters, all other stuff can be handled on forum.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
I'd like to make it clear that the community discord is NOT the admins discord. admins are not required to be on the community server and are not treated differently than community members. we already have an admins only discord.
I understand the interest in creating a more direct line between admins and players for such things, but this is what the forum is for. While I understand that you could summon an admin way faster by bothering them via discord, I also think that admins should not be "on call" 24/7.
If you're friends with an admin, you can contact them privately. If no admin is ingame, make a demo and file a report.
Use discord to enjoy the community, make friends and play together.

As for the other suggestions, I don't see why not in a way or another, but somehow has to program those features. perhaps I will. for now you can certainly use !stats to see the status live.
I might add more stuff like favorite map notifier
Some of that functionality at least is already on the gofree discord, not map favorites afaik but the rest of it should exist already :p

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Some of that functionality at least is already on the gofree discord, not map favorites afaik but the rest of it should exist already :p
yeah, I'd have to port that to my bot code. not that hard, but I need to find time for that

Reactions: Lotus