[Spoilers] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Results & Discussion [Spoilers]

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
Hoped to see great rivalries for 3rd and final. Brazil vs Argentina for bronze and Germany vs Netherlands would've been so so so perfect. Instead we're stuck with "lame" match-ups, Netherlands probably doesn't care about bronze after reaching the final in South Africa, and Argentina is too weak to do anything against Germany. I mean Netherlands only got themselves to blame for not scoring in 240 minutes and that Mexico luck, but at least they are remembered for 5:1 vs Spain instead of Messi carrying the team by a single goal in every game against weak teams such as Nigeria. The tournament kinda feels busted to me after the group stage that excited everyone with many goals and underdogs, and then having teams like Argentina advancing into the final who won every game by 1 goal margin, feels like the same crap that Greece pulled in Euro 2004. Germany deserves to win the trophy and I hope they will do it in style (by style I mean crushing Argentina 5:0 before halftime).

amen

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
The first foul was not even in the penalty area! The second goal was offside.. what kind of refereeing is that?

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
The first foul was not even in the penalty area! The second goal was offside.. what kind of refereeing is that?

Indeed. It's not like the ref + assistants were being partial to one team, they were simply incompetent.

Granted Robben would've likely scored the first goal anyway had the ref not called it a penalty or a free kick, but 2nd goal was offside (assistants mistake), not to forget the ref came in the way of the ball excessively. Once he gave Oscar yellow for supposed diving I knew we were in for some shit.

Still, Netherlands would've rekt Brazil based on how they played so I'm glad they came 3rd, even though I'd have loved to see them play Germany in the final.

Last edited:

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
For 1st goal, indeed it wasnt a penalty, but the Brazilian defender deserves a red card...
For the 2nd one, it was an offside (blind assistant)

In general, the Brazilian defense was incompetent and even with these mistakes, the NDL deserves to win...

Viva Argentina =D

Vindictive

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
10 Aug 2013
UK
Not gonna lie, I pretty much ruled out Argentina.

Much to my surprise, the game is pretty even so far!

Argentina missed a few chances, with one hideous miss, and Germany have missed a few too!

Very exciting, good game so far, looking forward to second half woooo!

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
Germany needs to score quick after halftime. I have a bad feeling that Argentina can slip one in by mistake and then park the bus for the rest of the game.

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
What a game, winners as it should be :D

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628