zm_38_said_to_call_it_untitled

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Alright... just spent an hour fixing the map, and the first leak free compile is done. Now it's all working on lighting, detail and the 3d skybox.
Btw, the FPS is fine. The lowest it dropped was 280, and that was when I stood exactly where the above screenshot was taken.

Tell me having an average fps of 30

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I'll give you guys one ingame screenshot... keep in mind the map was compiled with the worst possible settings, and a lot of detail is going to be missing. Also, the lighting is not final. But something for you guys to look at...
(Also, my fps was set to 300 max. 298 basically means I was over the cap.)

4LD88md.png

Proxyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
19 Nov 2015
Sweden
This actually looks good!! I personally like the lighting :) Some what of a dusk/dawn feeling. Majority of our maps are set to day also, makes this one more unique.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
"entdata [variable] 317511/393216 (80.7%) VERY FULL!"

Oh boy... pushing it to the limit!

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Final update before release!
Will be testing the map with Melisa and 38 tomorrow. If everything works, release will follow soon after.
Couple of things still left to do: soundscapes and finishing optimisation.

Here's a screenshot. More detail and the 3d skybox is in now.

apezxfH.png

Reactions: NorthernLight

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
In my opinion, it looks amazing. The only thing which could cause trouble are fps. With that many details AND 64 players (which you can hardly test before releasing), many players with weak hardware won't enjoy this map.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
80% of the detail comes from brush work. Very few are actual props. I have a 270x and at the exact spot I took that screenshot, I got 400-500+ fps.
Also, just did a final compile and noticed a few issues. Today's testing is cancelled, and the release might be pushed back.

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
It was fun to test! alot of balanced spots for both CT and Zombies, really curious to see how it perform on our v1 server :^)

I also like the look and the design, well done maka!

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I forgot to include the models in the pack. I fixed it within 30 minutes, I guess you downloaded the map faster.
But yeah, it is already fixed.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
hey, here is some feedback.
- ok fps (only 30 players on the server, so hard to say)
- looks pretty
- looks to be good for hunting
- imo, its too big. maybe close off some of the office part? you dont need to delete it, but close it off for now just to see what the effect is?
n1J6NY4.jpg

jB9KfDE.jpg

- reduce the push effect in the river?
- using more than 1 type of water texture can cause issues. (i didnt see any issues and im not talking about the moving water texture. its just something i have had to deal with myself)
- and i found this:
Ok9KraO.jpg

but in the end i like the map, keep it up mate :)

Reactions: Melisa

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Nicely made, people are complaining that it's to hard to get up from the water (the water stream) also some are saying its to big. in my opinion its good in size and people just need to find some "camping" spots to like it. Ive found a very good camping spot that none else knows about haha. feels kind of unbalanced but probably since none knows the camping spots. tested it on v1 the map ended with 8/1 to T's.

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
Good work!
But winning with CT is hard.;)

I can see why. There are no solo camp spots in the map. You basically have to team up or hunt.
As to what else has been said, I will take a look at them soon and decide what I want to do to them.