EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello everyone!

As you might have noticed, we added respawning as part of the gameplay on V1.

The reasons that made me change this vital setting are the following:

• Last month V1 lost a lot of players
  • Many players leave while dead because they're bored of waiting 5+ minutes to play
  • It's frustrating for motherzombies to never have a chance of playing as a human in one round
  • It works almost fine on V3
  • Server needed something new

Unfortunately (or fortunately), after 6 years of being in the top10 servers on gametracker, V1 lost this place and is now going down and down everyday. This hasn't happened all of a sudden, it has been a constant trend. On the other hand, V3 acquired more and more players and passed V1 (for the first time in its existence). This is a strong signal that something is not right.

I spent days and days analyzing the trend and why players leave and I came to the conclusion that most of the players that leave, are either frustrated that they became zombies, or dead.
For this reason i implemented the following fixes:

• zombies that are killed respawn as CTs
  • zombies that suicide respawn as zombies
  • CTs that suicide respawn as zombies (had to recompile zombiereloaded myself :cool:)
  • respawn happens 10 seconds after death
  • upon respawn, you have 10 seconds to escape (increased speed)
  • you can move to spectators using !specme (it will move you when you die or on round end)
  • you can !zspawn as zombie on server join (REJOINING will not allow you to !zspawn)
  • temporarily disabled adverts (yay!)

Pros:
  • People are indeed leaving less than yesterday (see graph)
  • players can play non-stop or move to spec to pee
  • people hunt more (they're not as scared to die anymore)

Cons:
  • people NEVER like changes, this means a lot of players are butthurt for no reasons other than the change itself
  • playing non-stop can somehow be stressing
  • this new system causes a bit of "chaos" in the gameplay. players need to re-learn some tactics!

Along with this I coded 2 new plugins:
  • noblock on ladders: when climbing a ladder, nobody will be able to block you anymore! (now we can fire admins)
  • specme: players can type !specme and move to the spectator team when they're killed or the round ends (prevents abuse to avoid death)

This thread is not meant for people that want to flame.
You're free to state if you like the change or not, however please argument your reasons and be constructive, we want to understand what we can do to balance the gameplay perfectly and understand the needs of the players.
Saying "it was better before" will not help, however saying "it was better before because i keep getting killed by invisible players" is a reasonable issue (which exists and has to be fixed).

Any suggestion is welcome!

V1 player graph
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-08-14_02-06-50.png
    2015-08-14_02-06-50.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
This point -> noblock on ladders: when climbing a ladder, nobody will be able to block you anymore! (now we can fire admins)
Had always been annoying on 4 way tunnel, well done.
If it's better for the Server it's okay maybe we have to get used to it.
I can confirm players hunting much more as before that's a good point there has always been people who were complaining about camping.. and now they're also complaining about hunting.
I am actually one of them who's against that respawn, as you know. Maybe I'll like it after and after tho

The first suggestion maybe you should increase the health on ZMS it isn't enough when people always get respawned.

You also should add more / new maps to the nominating list. It's boring to playing same maps as always.

Btw. to that point of "CTs that suicide respawn as zombies" I have noticed, I slayed a door closer today, he respawned as CT again after slay.

colt555

BANNED
12 Apr 2015
After a few plays i still dont like the respawn, we have the v3 for that no ? Respawn add big changes on the maps the zombs come from nowhere now, wich is fuking annoying, especially when you check a room, go on another, and a zombs respawn in the checked room and come to kill you. This is shit, im sorry.
You wanted changes ? of courses the v1 needs some, but why you touch the gameplay ? a simple refresh of the maps as i asked will be able to refind some lost players. I mean by that that since im in game in your servers, i never saw a player complaining because he was dead, that is the game, its like that. They always complain about the MAPS. AND I DO IT ALSO. WY DONT CHANGE IT ?

Reactions: mohan711

mohan711

9 Jun 2015
Its a good idea and thanks for changes.But there is one problem.When ct kill zombies they respawn and hiding or join in groups.only in few seconds the game is completing.Then its boring.

Thanks for taking charge for us.Wish you a good luck.Bye.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
After a few plays i still dont like the respawn, we have the v3 for that no ? Respawn add big changes on the maps the zombs come from nowhere now, wich is fuking annoying, especially when you check a room, go on another, and a zombs respawn in the checked room and come to kill you. This is shit, im sorry.
You wanted changes ? of courses the v1 needs some, but why you touch the gameplay ? a simple refresh of the maps as i asked will be able to refind some lost players. I mean by that that since im in game in your servers, i never saw a player complaining because he was dead, that is the game, its like that. They always complain about the MAPS. AND I DO IT ALSO. WY DONT CHANGE IT ?

Hi, the players complaining are only those that don't like the change. There are more happy players than players that don't want this. The votes prove it. Aside from that, thanks for your feedback. You ask for more maps. We are willing to add more maps, but nobody makes Zombie maps for CS:S anymore. If you find a good map, please post it here so we can check it and upload it!

ah and some new models for the vip's could be interesting also... thanks.
We had more models in the past, however for simplicity and faster download speeds we decided to stick to the least possible models as possible.

Its a good idea and thanks for changes.But there is one problem.When ct kill zombies they respawn and hiding or join in groups.only in few seconds the game is completing.Then its boring.

Thanks for taking charge for us.Wish you a good luck.Bye.
Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean when players !zspawn late in the game as zombies? We can probably fix that!

Reactions: colt555

karamate

28 Apr 2013
Hallio Admins,

ich finde zurzeit das Respawn System auf V1 ziemlich scheisse, dank dem System spinnt der Radar, man weis nicht wo die Zombies stehen und es ist alles durcheinander. Man kann nichtmehr Nominieren und muss die Office maps oder die anderen kleinen Maps spielen wo man mit 64 Spielern eh keine chance hat. Ich spiele seit 6 Jahren auf euerem Server und es denken die vielen guten spieler so wie ich dadrüber.

Die Zombies Noobs lassen sich einfach killen und spawnen als cts wieder wo ist der sinn das macht doch kein spass mehr für die andern die sich anstrengen um zu überleben.

Ich würde euch empfehlen das alte System reinzumachen und mehr Events zu Organisieren dadruch gewinnt ihr auch Spieler.

Es ist zurzeit Sommer deswegen zocken weniger Spieler auf eurem Server, macht es nicht durch eurem System noch schlimmer.

Ich freue mich wen es so ist wie früher.

LG

Karmate

Last edited:

avoideur

23 Jul 2015
I also dont like the new system. Rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn, rush, die, respawn etc. There´s no skill anymore, nobody even cares about dying. The gameplay has completely turned.
If you want changes - get new maps somehow, make some events and recruit players in your clan again who care about the server. Excluding the events, it´s what you have done back then and what has worked for several years.
Of course you have more players at the moment, because changes are always interesting at first. But im quite sure it won´t last for long. Good players will quit and things will get much worse than before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Element and colt555

mopagemo

Donator
15 Aug 2015
I don't like the respawn system either. It completely changed the gameplay. I tried V3 a few times but always came back to V1 because of the gameplay. Tactics are more important if there is an incentive to not die (=waiting). Now there is really no point in trying to stay alive as a zombie.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Next to complains about radar issues caused by respawn and suggesting to turn back to old settings and try to attract new players by events Karmate mentioned that there is a problem with nominations, same happened to me last night: nominations do not appear as an option in nextmap vote at and of the map, instead of its always some alternating office map on first options which isnt fun after 1 or 2 hours of "office only" (sometimes interrupted by desertprodigy). more precisely: last night when server wasnt too full i tried to nominate rush or 4way to fill it up, it was the first nomination on map but both maps werent among vote options 3 maps in a row.

I guess this nomination issue needs a fix.

Regarding new settings: Let us give it a change, settings were changed to benefit server and game play. It's a try to decrease rage quitters and players who leave as they dont like to play s zombie all the time (napz xD). A lot of players (including me) didnt like respawning when it was introduced on v3 too, but they (and me) love it now. !specme offers a chance to get a break and players aint leaving anymore after being killed within first seconds of a round.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
i'd like to point out that the nominations work normally. i just added one setting AS TEST to scramble the list before votes due to players with SSDs joining faster than others and nominating the maps first. Players need to also learn how to vote or not vote at all.

Reactions: Havoc

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
maybe, nobody makes zombie-maps anymore, but I have got a list of some special maps we might add to v1. (after requests / votes what ever. )
most of them are known maps on v3

zm_16chambres
zm_an_canals_classic
zm_an_kapras
zm_bunker_v1
zm_canyon_v3
zm_crazycity
zm_dh_jay_legend_fixed_v3
zm_dino_day_v1a
zm_docks_v1
zm_dust_hunt_v1b
zm_eh_fast_final
zm_eh_prison_tower_final
zm_elite_hunterz_beta1
zm_farm3_nav72_unlim
zm_floating_rock_v5
zm_freefall_b1
zm_hellarch_fix_edit_v1
zm_highschool_night_v1
zm_hillbilly_backyard_v4
zm_hoook_v5
zm_illmination_b2
zm_kobi_panic
ZM_Krusty_krab_a3
zm_legends_v1
zm_lila_beach_fix_2
zm_lila_epic_v2
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b
zm_liltown_fixed
zm_little_city_v7_roy
zm_little_italy_v3
zm_mars_horror_b4
zm_moonlight_v3
zm_neko_abura_v2
zm_neko_athletic_park_v2
zm_novum_v2
zm_office_house_v1
zm_office_house_v2
zm_playtime
zm_roy_highway_fix2
zm_ruined_town_ag
zm_salem_hunting_playground
zm_siberia_v2_64a
zm_sorrento_v3
zm_temple_v2
zm_westwood_final
zm_zomb_eh_towers_v5_fix
zm_zombiecruise_fixed

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
maybe, nobody makes zombie-maps anymore, but I have got a list of some special maps we might add to v1. (after requests / votes what ever. )
most of them are known maps on v3

zm_16chambres
zm_an_canals_classic
zm_an_kapras
zm_bunker_v1
zm_canyon_v3
zm_crazycity
zm_dh_jay_legend_fixed_v3
zm_dino_day_v1a
zm_docks_v1
zm_dust_hunt_v1b
zm_eh_fast_final
zm_eh_prison_tower_final
zm_elite_hunterz_beta1
zm_farm3_nav72_unlim
zm_floating_rock_v5
zm_freefall_b1
zm_hellarch_fix_edit_v1
zm_highschool_night_v1
zm_hillbilly_backyard_v4
zm_hoook_v5
zm_illmination_b2
zm_kobi_panic
ZM_Krusty_krab_a3
zm_legends_v1
zm_lila_beach_fix_2
zm_lila_epic_v2
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b
zm_liltown_fixed
zm_little_city_v7_roy
zm_little_italy_v3
zm_mars_horror_b4
zm_moonlight_v3
zm_neko_abura_v2
zm_neko_athletic_park_v2
zm_novum_v2
zm_office_house_v1
zm_office_house_v2
zm_playtime
zm_roy_highway_fix2
zm_ruined_town_ag
zm_salem_hunting_playground
zm_siberia_v2_64a
zm_sorrento_v3
zm_temple_v2
zm_westwood_final
zm_zomb_eh_towers_v5_fix
zm_zombiecruise_fixed

okay let's start with 5 maps. what shall we add to the list?

Reactions: colt555 and Sheyla

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
I have only got 3 suggestions.
1. well, there are lot of LILA PANIC lover xd so I would say add surely a new one! for example zm_lila_epic_v2
2. zm_little_italy_v3 (when I've made special map votes, I asked others which map they want to play, mostly players asked for little italy)
3. zm_office_house_v1

Reactions: Dev1ne and Beatnuts

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
Nitro can't post something, he has got some issues with browser can't load the page so I wanted to post this for him.

19:44 - [Bн] »Nitro.#™: zm_an_kapras
zm_farm3_nav72_unlim
zm_novum_v2
zm_little_italy_v3
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b

Another player: 19:21 - Ƥᴀʀҡϵя ረϵѡɪઽ: zm_16chambres, zm_highschool_night_v1, ruined town_ag, zm_playtime

Reactions: Dev1ne and Nitro.#

TheAlmighty

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
16 Apr 2012
zm_little_italy_v3
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b
zm_eh_prison_tower_final

thats few of the maps would like to see as regular maps

Reactions: Beatnuts

SpeedoX

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Jun 2015
I think zm_little_italy_v3 definitely should be a regular map. Lila panic is popular, but it's a big camping map lol :p