I think am know'ed for: nr. #1 lagger :rolleyes:
You get used to it and after a while you play just as "good" with much lagg
so no big problemô guys

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Out of nowhere I have this problem again..

winter

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Nov 2012
Spain
Since 2 days ago, i have a problem like this :

Everything its normal when i join the servers, after the round starts, like 30 secs later i got lag spikes of a duration of 8 secs which increases my ping up to 200-300, then it goes normal again but after 30 secs it starts again. I cannot play with that thing, any idea about what it can be?

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
can you make a screenshot of your net_graph (with full details -> graph showing events etc) pls?

it looks like a server problem but if it happens to you only then it's not possible

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I restarted my router and suddenly it's fixed >.> Told some guy on my friends list that was having the same problem to do the same, thing it helped him as well ^^

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
lol that's wierd cuz all EH servers have a relatively high latency, I used to get similar problem but only with the v1, v2, v3 and v5 (the servers with 85.XXX IP)

Another sort-of-a-small problem is that on v4 after every map change, it is stuck on "server is changing level" with empty "loading bar" for 10+ seconds. I don't know how to explain :p , but I'm sure it is something with the server or else I would join late into the round but I don't seem to :S

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
so, the ping issue should be fixed, it will be even better tomorrow, i've been working non stop for 2 days on the network issue.

As for the hanging thing, it might be the hard disk loading slower than our SSD on root1.

We're anyway improving the overall performance ingame, you might notice better results in few weeks

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Another sort-of-a-small problem is that on v4 after every map change, it is stuck on "server is changing level" with empty "loading bar" for 10+ seconds. I don't know how to explain :p , but I'm sure it is something with the server or else I would join late into the round but I don't seem to :S

I noticed that, too. This occurs on v4 and ze. It takes about 5 seconds until the client sees the loading bar progress.

Reactions: Vydx

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
My ping is in 150 range on EH, comparing to about 70 on American servers. Everyone screams "Kick a high pinger!" but it seems like the lag problem only affects me. Some of those long knifes that infect me are in unbelievable range. But when I'm a zombie every single shot that CT takes seems to go directly in my head. Nobody has any trouble hitting or killing me to say the least :p
Luckily my Internet connection is fairly poor by today's standards, so I have a lot room for upgrading and for possible improvements. Will go to my ISP on Monday and will look into that.

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
Since you live in the US, theres only so much you can do. I think admins shouldn't look at the ping value alone, but rather see if the player is actually lagging (ie "teleporting" back and forth). Also, everyone is affected by longknives (click the images to load the gif ):p

5E1vcN.gif

hYrkl0xBX.gif

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Yeah, doesn't matter what you do you will always get longknifed. The hitboxes are so messed up, that's just how it is.

That second gif, 38, makes me laugh everytime. Like you stopped instantly out of disbelief, awesome.

Maxgs

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 May 2011
cl_interp 0 before you join the server will fix long knives.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Might lessen it (depending on your internet), but nothing will fix it. They need to change source itself for that to happen.