What improvements would you like to see added on the surf servers?

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
I know this was discussed multiple times but.... A SHOP implemented on the surf servers would make me the happiest hooman alive lol

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
it's coming this week :)

Also i fixed many issues in the plugin and i also added colored ranks!
If you happen to again receive negative points then please take a screenshot of your console and send it to me.

Reactions: tokarev and Rony

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Looking forward to it, good job, and cool

I think the negative points mainly occurred because it didn't register a loss of points from races, so when you, for instance, beat a new map and it takes away points initially giving you negative points cause cksurf thought you still had 500 points when you in fact raced away the points and actually had 0. Just my opinion on what was happening though

WispySkies

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
15 Feb 2016
Virginia, United States
Not a suggestion but tbh, I really dislike the idea of shop if it's an advantage over others. (Probably not, just a thought though)

Trails and player models should be rice, maybe tags. :p

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Idk if tags can be "bought" or whatever, but I know in cksurf there is a cvar to add tags to players, I don't like that though cause then it allows water to make my tag "Young Pleb".

Shop wouldn't be an advantage over others, it is just a way to use points to get dank skins and such, and hopefully my thoughts that I gave water about trails were considered, and there are no trails, cause they would be annoying af and everyone would have one and it would make my eyes bleed

Whopper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Apr 2016
Colorado, USA
www.youtube.com
I know that Nikooo cant do this yet but server located in West America would be nice.
And because summer is coming and more people will be coming maybe make useless maps into funner secondary ones so the loads of people wont crowed one place.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
As explained before, the current system or whatever niko uses currently to set u servers doesn't have an option for server on the west coast unfortunately, hopefully this can be resolved soon though.

Funner, isn't a word, you make me cringe.

There should still be new servers coming, and some servers at least being temporarily removed due to low traffic, I believe it is just taking a while because it took longer than expected to put up the most recent server, and they just haven't had time to spend at once to put up a new server.

1v1 servers are honestly pretty aids (excuse the salty 9 year old word usage, didn't know a better way to describe it) and I dunno if one would be implemented just cause of that, but ya never know

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
we do have 1v1 servers already. I think i should check on them tho.

Besides, the implementation of the shop will shift of 4 days as i'm flying to barcelona for an extended weekend. The shop will not grant players new abilities to beat the map faster so worry not.
We'll also attempt NOT to have too many skins or stuff to download as we don't want our players to wait when entering our servers.

The reason why little work was done in the past months was due to me being 110% busy with my graduation. Now that i passed all my exams i only have the thesis work to do and that gives me a lot more of extra time that i can again invest in this community :)

Stay tuned!

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Would be cool to actually get updates on here, for instance I have noticed that the servers now have glocks, and that people (I think it might be a VIP option) have trails, which are glitchy and annoying af, especially if you are surfing behind someone with a trail. Would be nice to actually hear about these updates on here and be told the changes being made to the servers that impact it, such as a whole bunch of server record bonus bots being broken because of some change made recently. Just wish that we on the forums who do not have access to slack could be told/updated on things that are implemented/changed on the server, instead of it maybe just being posted on slack, which I imagine is what occurred as since I assume these changes were added, I have seen some people who I haven't seen on for a while suddenly return to utilize these new features, such as the annoying and glitchy VIP trails. So ya, preferably, would be great to hear about changes made to the server on here, instead of running into them on the servers all of a sudden.

Edit: Additionally, hope you had a good weekend in Spain niko, and I'm happy to hear that Uni went well (I assume). Good to see you are making a strong effort to revitalize the servers now that you are out of Uni, and I look forward to seeing what comes next

Reactions: WispySkies

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
Yea i Second that, would be nice to have some sort of thread where you get updated on the servers, especially for those who do not have slack and dont know what is going on.

Reactions: Lotus

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
First overall con, and just an fyi, most of what I'm about to say is my assumptions, not fact. So VIP was added so that the !ve command could be used for the mix servers because you couldn't get the time to go for longer than 20 min (assumption). Because VIP is enabled it allows for VIP's a.k.a admins, to urn on their given VIP trail. I ended up in a game the other day with I believe it was Hawkshot and Nemesis, who both had their VIP trails turned on. These trails were the most annoying laggy, and glitchy things I think I have ever seen in my life, and that includes when I played a game on a Russian server. When they restart the trail goes everywhere and glitches like crazy, and once the VIP begins to surf the trail is absurdly laggy, and f you end up surfing behind a VIP with their trail enabled you can't see anything. So to borrow from 3kliksphilip's "Valve please fix", niko please fix.

I know I already touched on this in my previous post I just wanted to explain in more detail in the hopes something can be done about it.

Lotus

Reactions: WispySkies

WispySkies

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
15 Feb 2016
Virginia, United States
VIP's a.k.a admins, to urn on their given VIP trail
Lotus

Imo, I really am against the whole trails for VIPs as admins until other players get access to these perks because yes, they're admin but the trails and perks don't do anything admin related so it's injust to allow admins to use these when other players cannot because it's makes it pay to win-so to speak-except that it's only for admins. Admins work hard and do their job but they shouldn't be rewarded something that makes a player possibly jealous or mad that admins get special perks. Admins should be rewarded with the clean server and be satirised that they did something right to make the server a better place. Conclusion: unless normal users recieve said VIP perks admins shouldn't get access as explained above. If there's a just reason that someone could explain feel free to do so but please nothing like "oh we're admins and we're better"

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
2 CVars which I think should be changed,
1. "ck_vip_mute" should be set to 0, because when it is set to 1 it allows VIP's to also mute other VIP's, aka admin muting admin.
2. If I am understanding the code correctly, I think that you can disable the VIP menu with the code "ck_enable_vip 0" (which requires a server restart). If I understand this correctly, it seems you can still be vip and do !ve but you can not enable the VIP trail. If this is done though people who have already enabled the trail could still have it on afterwards, perhaps if you could get everyone to remove it then do this code it would work? To be honest I have no idea, just a suggestion that I hope can help.

Side note: Didn't see anything to directly turn off VIP trails, will continue to search

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Oh, just remembered about this. The other day I was talking with some people about why the glock is on both sides, and they said that you (Niko) said it was impossible to have USP for CT and glock for T. Let me just preface this with the fact that you of course understand the code and everything far better than I ever could, so my apologies if my idea isn't a possibility.

From my POV what I see is an issue that I think is easily fixed. The game should have some sort of variable to save what team the player is on or else every player would have the same buy menu for both sides in a matchmaking game. Could you not just take those variables and in the code have something like, if they join CT, give weapon USP, else if the join T, give weapon glock. From my view on this whole thing and with my limited coding knowledge in comparison with yours niko, this was the first thing that came to mind, and personally I feel like it is easy, but of course I know it isn't and I don't even know if you can access the game variable for team selected. But whatever, just posting this in case it is a possible solution that you may have missed. Just trying to help out if I can :).

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
What use will people have with VIP most players only play 24/7 maps. What will they be able to do if there is no trails, no mute like you guys want removed, all they will have is a title and a command that is useless on the 24/7 maps.

Last edited:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Only admins have VIP, removing menu disallows trails, removing muting makes it so they cannot mute fellow admins. They will still be able to !ve and have their usual admin abilities (Theoretically)

Edit: And the title is only there because VIP is only enabled for the use of !ve because the mix doesn't have 40 minute timer yet (I think)

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
I understand that only admins have vip atm and if it becomes something that we can sell, it's not going to be worth it to buy for the things they get with it and the commands they can use.

Majority of our player is from 24/7 Maps, that is the people who would get the vip and tbh it's not worth it if everything is taken out and they have useless commands.