What do you think?

• Total voters

Krypto

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Jun 2013
UK
Hello everyone,

I would like to cast a small vote and get everyone's opinion on possibly having some of these features made available again?

We currently have Admin_Sounds on some of the servers... this currently having only 1 sound..
Maybe we could go about adding a few more? After crawling the FastDL, I found a bunch of the old ones, so adding them back should be pretty simple?

Of course, when it comes to adding new files, this will mean that players will need to download these, but! why not add the small files? I have found many that are under 1mb.
When I first joined the community, I remember having these available and how much fun they were! Of course the final vote will be down to Head Admins and Special Admins as whether it will be added or not.

The second thing I would like to talk about is Evil Rocket.
Having this available used to be the best thing ever! Why not readd? Its basically Slaying but way better. :cool:

I hope you consider some of these.

Peace!

-Krypto.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
the problem is that it will get abused again, admins will play sounds constantly, and at some point it starts to get annoying.

also we have a lot of players that play while listening to music, or whilst being on teamspeak, and that also doesnt work together, tbh deleting the sounds was the only way where we didnt harm anyone.

BeWasted

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
8 Aug 2014
Azeroth
There's always the possibility for players to disallow downloads of sound files from the servers, thus they will not be able to hear the sounds being played by the admins.

Sincerely,
-cHeT [BeWasted]

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
that does not make a change tbh, because a player maybe wants to hear the sounds sometimes, and sometimes not.

we could add a plugin which can be used by our players if they dont want to hear the sounds

Krypto

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Jun 2013
UK
This is basically the same concept as the Admin All-Talk plugin. If players are on Teamspeak or Listening to music, they have the option to !nomic, stopping them from hearing admins ingame voices. Surely this could be brought into something with the Admin sounds? maybe !nosounds?

-Krypto

winter

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Nov 2012
Spain
This is basically the same concept as the Admin All-Talk plugin. If players are on Teamspeak or Listening to music, they have the option to !nomic, stopping them from hearing admins ingame voices. Surely this could be brought into something with the Admin sounds? maybe !nosounds?

-Krypto

Yeah it is on some spanish servers, so its possible

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
there is a plugin for that. what i don't like is that players have to download a whole load of files and newcomers (which are rare now) will be tempted to cancel the download.

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover

-Krypto

Thats what I said

@Niko: youve said it yourself, newcomers are rare nowadays. and our standard players will wait the 2 minutes max where they'll have to download some sounds tbh

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
drunk advaldo.... evil rocket.... dear god...

StrikE

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
24 Apr 2012
None of your business
No to the sounds i am sure at some point it's gonna get spammed (abused) yes to evil rocket wont hurt anybody. Only rulebreakers get's a taste.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Thats what I said

@Niko: youve said it yourself, newcomers are rare nowadays. and our standard players will wait the 2 minutes max where they'll have to download some sounds tbh
ye but it's not like we want to scare away these newcomers....

Phanty

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
29 Mar 2010
2'628
Vienna / Hannover
newcomers wont get scared by some sounds.. we could set a time gap between the sounds. like if you play a sound you need to wait for 20-40 seconds for the next one. i dont think anyone would abuse it then

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
alright, but i won't be the one putting time into coding or fixing the plugin nor uploading and setting up the sounds, to my eyes it's a waste of time and resources but if the majority wants it, either an HA or SPA can handle that. I shall focus on more important matters

Reactions: NoMatt3r

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
What about evilrocket :D ? We all want to evilrocket Haze as soon as possible^^