Ban Request: Iblis... brother of mohammed !

karamate

28 Apr 2013
Name: Iblis... brother of mohammed !

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24663372

Server: Zombie Hunting V1

Time and Date: .

Reason: Insulting/Swearing, Racism

Additional Information: Hallo Admins,

es geht um diesen spieler Iblis... brother of mohammed !
er beleidigt, diskriminert und spottet meinen Propheten und meine Religion mit seinem Namen, bedeutung vom namen Teufel bruder von muhammed ich bitte um ein perm bann von diesem spieler.

Bitte führt auch eine regel gegen Religions beleidigung ein weil es schon mehrmals vorkamm das welche religionen beleidigen und keine harte strafte bekommen haben wie welche sich mit dem namen Hitler oder sowas ausgeben.

http://stats.elite-hunterz.info/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=10083

Kann einer den text auf englisch übersetzten weil ich kein englisch kann thx im vorraus

Proof: Screenshot

Koboldmaki

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
2 Apr 2010
Well, basically he's saying that there's a guy with the name: Iblis...brother of mohammed!

Iblis stands for Devil. => Devil...brother of mohammed.

He feels offended, as this name seems to insult Mohammed the Prophet.

Tbh i'm not sure. I'm ready to take other admin's opinions!

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Wouldn't ban for that..

Last edited:

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
I think we should give the guy with the name the opportunity to change it.
But if he refuse to change it, then he deserves a ban since it might offend a lot of religious players.

Last edited:

Twice

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
16 Mar 2012
I'd put that in the same category as racism. Therefore it's a clear ban for me unless he doesn't change his name

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Last edited:

karamate

28 Apr 2013
Beleidigungen gegen Religion wie z.b nicks, spray, chatlog was halt dazu gehört sollte gebannd werden bzw auch in der Regelliste bei Eh eingeführt werden.

Wen man einen im forum postet der die regel gebrochen hat da gibt es auch keine verwarung da wird man direkt gebannd ich denke das ist der gleiche fall bei
Iblis... brother of mohammed ! ein perm bann als strafe und wen er sich im forum meldet bzw sich entschuldigt und seinen namen ändert könnt ihr ihn noch eine chance geben so wäre der fall geklärt weil anders könnte er nochmal bei euch auf dem server zocken und für unruhe sorgen wegen dem namen, es ist halt rassismus gegenüber der religion.

The Viper

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Dec 2011
Norway, Oslo
I'd say that this sounds more like insulting then racism. Kind of weird how people tend to connect anything to racism these days.

This is clearly not racism but it's still something that upset people. Everyone should respect people, nomatter what religion/belief they have. I would put this in the same category as insulting and not with racism. If someone made this picture with a white guy in it, would it be considered as racism then? This spray was made from someone that had prejudice against Muslims. Give him a warning next time you see him and please do it nicely instead of going like this

Player: Yo
You: Hey you fag. Why do you hate muslims!?!?!?
Player: What?

My opinion:
I would say that people should ask him to change his spray + name as it is something that upset people who are Muslims. Respect against everyone is after all a rule.

PS: I know that making pictures of Mohammad is something that Muslims hate more then anything in the world(because it's against the Koran from what I heard). But not everyone know this.

Reactions: Vydx

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Google translate:
Insults against religion as eg nicks, spray, chatlog what content belongs to it or should gebannd will be introduced in the rule list in Eh.*Censored*

Who to a posting in the forum who has broken the rules because there are no verwarung since you will directly gebannd I think this is the same case with*Censored* Iblis ... brother of muhammad! a perm bann as punishment and who he logs in the forum or apologized and changed his name can you give him a chance as the case would be resolved because otherwise he might again when you gamble on the server and create unrest because of the name, it's just racism against the religion.

I'm not sure i got that, but are you saying "any kind of insults to religion should be considered as racism"?
I think thats what you mean, and i have to disagree with you. Its the Internet! People are saying horrible things against everything. When we step into cyberspace you got to wear a thick cloak of skin or you are gonna weepy-eyed just by looking at youtubeclips. People are saying horrible sick stuff just to be dicks or test your strength. Getting offended by every slight at something you like, know, find stupid or close to your heart, is not a wise move.

Yes, if people are insulting other players in the chat then ofcourse we react, but it has nothing to do with religion, racism or just calling someone a bag of dicks. Insulting other players and creating a hostile environment and atmosphere is the reason for warnings/slaps/kicks/bans. There are several degrees on this ofcourse, racism is a very obvious way to insult, hence no tolerance. But if we compare that to religion, then theres a big difference.

Religion is very much debatable. Even scholars in the different religions themselfs are debating whats what and whats allowed all the time. Most of them aren't even agreeing on how to translate the holy texts. And then there are the fat that there are so many of them, and all of the devisions within the religions themselfs(example; catholic & protestant) everyone getting offended at different things and other things they don't event care about that the others may.

I'm just saying in a very long way that if we are gonna start punishing people for anything that may be interpreted offensive.. really..
Lets say that 38 says "i pray every night before going to bed".
I, DW, is an atheist and say something like "Religion is stupid and for bed-wetters" (i imagine people could/would say much worse things)
Neo, who is a muslim(in this chase) says "mohamed has a bigger.. ..beard(wink wink) than jesus"

this is in my experience a likely chat-log ingame, well, probably alot worse. But should me(DW) and Neo get banned automatically? What we should do is wait a bit and see if its die down, of not give warnings and after that brake up the kiddies with appropriate fist-slashing methods.

The difference with religion and racism is that with religion, everybody got their own opinion, and with racism, everybody agrees that its wrong(everybody with an IQ over 55, that is).

In this chase a ban is the wrong way to go, remember his nick and inform him ingame to change it, or just send him a message saying that people have reacted on the nick and that if he dont change it, we'll kick his ass

update: wow, got long...

update2: what viper said, and @viper not sure, but i probably don't need to tell you that the spray i posted is not his, just a spray i randomly found a few days ago if thats the spray you're talking about.

Last edited:

MisterPringles

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Oct 2011
Belgium
People died irl about this "seeking for attention guys" or jokes. But this happend in a game and im not offended at all. Defently warning, probably just a kid...

Anyway,

Always, anywhere RESPECT all people and religions.

Last edited: