Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
v3 is usually full or almost full. If you recognize that your ping on v1 gets worse with an increasing numbers of players I'd say the high ping on v3 sounds quite normal.

By the way I agree to what K4marad said, you cant expect to improve your latency by using a VPN. The opposite will occur.

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
I have a 30MB/s connection and due to the extension of the network in the house it is down to 25 for both upload and download. I do not experience high ping, but yes sometimes it lags especially when the number of players increases.
I really do not understand how do you expect to have a better speed using a VPN.
i dont think this is my internet connection issue...
as you mentioned upper : "I do not experience high ping, but yes sometimes it lags especially when the number of players increases."
you are from europe and thats why your ping is under 40-80 but i am from Asian(Nepal) so my ping is over 300 but everytime i play i get 400 ping (not 300)

v3 is usually full or almost full. If you recognize that your ping on v1 gets worse with an increasing numbers of players I'd say the high ping on v3 sounds quite normal.

By the way I agree to what K4marad said, you cant expect to improve your latency by using a VPN. The opposite will occur.

K4marad : "I really do not understand how do you expect to have a better speed using a VPN."
Easy : "you cant expect to improve your latency by using a VPN."

VPN is allowed in other ZE server... MAYBE its not allowed to do fake ip:address in eh because of ddos....

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
i dont think this is my internet connection issue...
as you mentioned upper : "I do not experience high ping, but yes sometimes it lags especially when the number of players increases."
you are from europe and thats why your ping is under 40-80 but i am from Asian(Nepal) so my ping is over 300 but everytime i play i get 400 ping (not 300)

K4marad : "I really do not understand how do you expect to have a better speed using a VPN."
Easy : "you cant expect to improve your latency by using a VPN."

VPN is allowed in other ZE server... MAYBE its not allowed to do fake ip:address in eh because of ddos....
So that will explain the letancy that you are experiencing. That is a long distance. Also, players from europe experience bad connections during the evening and weekends, when people are at home and just squeeze their internet connection to the limit with Netflix, HBO, etc.

svetoi

13 Dec 2018

SyntX,​

when using a VPN, your ping will become higher (I think so). The signal to you is very strange (Nepal) speedtested from me to the server (Nepal) ping 280, DOWNLOAD Mbps
40.97, UPLOAD Mbps 23.98. Distances in a straight line (google map) 2800 km.
Server Berlin ping 110, DOWNLOAD Mbps 48.58, UPLOAD Mbps 46.10, Distances in a straight line 3900 km.
Server: New York ping 170, DOWNLOAD Mbps 41.81, UPLOAD Mbps 39.67, Distances in a straight line 9200 km.
From this we can conclude that the matter is not in the distance of km

denied

A VPN does definitely help your ping, no doubt about it. It allows your connection to be more fluent from your computer to the server. I'm a layman but have used my fair share of VPNs over the years and as your overseas connection would result in increased latency it helps to connect to a German VPN server first and then connect to the gaming server, you’ll be able to see a significant decrease in ping.

Reactions: Nikooo777

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
can you tell me which VPNs will works for EliteHunterZ server?
A VPN does definitely help your ping, no doubt about it. It allows your connection to be more fluent from your computer to the server. I'm a layman but have used my fair share of VPNs over the years and as your overseas connection would result in increased latency it helps to connect to a German VPN server first and then connect to the gaming server, you’ll be able to see a significant decrease in ping.
i used NORD VPN,ExpressVPN,psiphon 3,PureVPN
none works for me to play in eh(maybe fake ip blocked on eh).

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
Well....I am using SurfEasy VPN, and I just tested if I can connect to the server while VPN was on, and I could. I have no idea on my ping, was just on spec.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com

you are connecting from Nepal, your route to europe is rather bad. First thing you should do is ask your ISP if they can improve it by providing them with the IP of our server and a sample of the traceroute (without VPN).

You should try different VPNs and different locations. It could be that connecting to a us-east VPN you have a lower ping to v3 than a german vpn. It all depends where the packets end up going.
Test various regions and ping the server each time.

also, ping should NOT change depending on how many players are on the server. Ping is only dependent on the route and in extreme cases on the load of the computer/server connecting (though that's not normal).

Reactions: SyntX and Paw

denied

I can't say for certain Syntx, as I no longer use VPNs other then for netflix. But I have heard good things about a gaming VPN service called CyperGhost, you could give that one a try.

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
well yea, VPNS works on v1 but havent tried at v3 yet...
you are connecting from Nepal, your route to europe is rather bad. First thing you should do is ask your ISP if they can improve it by providing them with the IP of our server and a sample of the traceroute (without VPN).

You should try different VPNs and different locations. It could be that connecting to a us-east VPN you have a lower ping to v3 than a german vpn. It all depends where the packets end up going.
Test various regions and ping the server each time.

also, ping should NOT change depending on how many players are on the server. Ping is only dependent on the route and in extreme cases on the load of the computer/server connecting (though that's not normal).
thanks for explanation

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
well yea, VPNS works on v1 but havent tried at v3 yet...

thanks for explanation
if it works for v1 then it should for v3 as well. if it doesn't, then your PC might be struggling and the ping is just a symptom. Try lowering all your graphics to low and see if it changes anything.
also when connecting via VPN, if you have a choice, try switching between TCP and UDP protocols to see which one works best. UDP should be faster but more prone to packet loss.

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
if it works for v1 then it should for v3 as well. if it doesn't, then your PC might be struggling and the ping is just a symptom. Try lowering all your graphics to low and see if it changes anything.
also when connecting via VPN, if you have a choice, try switching between TCP and UDP protocols to see which one works best. UDP should be faster but more prone to packet loss.
i am using very low settings, if i use lower than my current settings and it would 200fps but i cant see models clearly...

Reactions: Nikooo777

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
Hello everyone, I've got some problems right now.

i dont know how to explain this but i'll try me best to explain here:

when i enter ingame (v3 server) i can feel that i can chat. I dont know why server showing my steamid is offline (<STEAM_ID_PENDING>) and server couldnt get my steam.

because of this i can chat,

my rank is 0 (default),

my zmarket configs reseted,

v1 working fine for me and other server which i use to play.

I dont know why i am having this issue...

I just want to inform EH Staff because if they see me i can chat then they probably ban me for bypassing stuff (got warned from few admins that i can't chat with other people in any way.)

Reactions: denied

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland

Lazydude

3 Apr 2022
Zombie Hunting v3 has been stuck on zm_officeattack_v6 for a couple of hours. "map differs from server" message for all users. Unable to connect to server v3. Unable to locate map on the web either.

Reactions: DrFiction

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
resolved. thank you

Aha*gunpower*

14 Apr 2022
Latvia Tukums
This in last times got real fun times . I notice game stops work only for zombies and cts can play. I witness this for 3rd time in last than 5 weeks. I thought first 2 times it is steam issues but today around 19:25 EET+2 it happened again and zombies was frozed , Gamers i belive did discconect after lost conection 30 sec period end but i still coud kil zombiem and it count score pts all as ussualy just gamer as self was proboly refreshing server and connecting again . If you lucky as ct than it is a lot fun to kill all froze zombies. This issue is real and for me it looks it is server issues .