zm_industrial_waste_v1

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I enjoyed hunting on this map. Sadly zombies are quite marginalised. Haven't played the latest version though so I don't know how well it plays for zombies.

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
Map is strongly tilted in favor of CTs. Every inch of the map is another camp spot. For example, today I couldn't even get a breather to regenerate my health when playing as a zombie. Gunfire coming from every camp spot direction, roof, crates, everywhere. Was running around the map in a desperate attempt to find a single spot where I can avoid being fired at for one second. Hard to reach camping spots, which require a lot of precise jumping under a heavy fire from the camping resistance + backup shooters from across the map. Sometimes I feel bad for killing zombies on this map, because I know how tough it is for them :)

TheBestio

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
1 Aug 2013
Udine, Italy
www.facebook.com
I feel bad for killing zombies on this map, because I know how tough it is for them :)

good-guy-greg-saves-zombies_o_900544.jpg

Reactions: Deanburger

gotcha

5 Oct 2013
Germany
Sup guys,

I'm back with the final revision of zm_industrial_waste.
It's in v7 now and I don't want to put more work in the map, since I like what it became.

The last few months I started works on a new zm-map (more infos coming soon) and I wanted the map to be finished.
I did various fixing, optimizations and balancing.

So here it is:
zm_industrial_waste_v7

Pick it, while it's hot ;-)

(unfortunately, uploading here didn't work, so I used a file-hoster)

Yours gotcha.

Reactions: NoMatt3r

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Nice! :)

gotcha

5 Oct 2013
Germany
Hey,

could you please replace the v1_6 on the V1 with the latest version?
Thanks!

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
Thanks Gotcha. Hope that a new version of this map is more balanced, because the old one favors CTs with many hard-to-reach camping spots.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
The map was uploaded to all our zombiemod servers ;) including V2 and V3! please let me know

Sajco Lucky Headshoot

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
26 Nov 2012
Sweden
to be honest i dont like this map at al i leave almost everytime it comes cause its not hunting it could be okey for v3 but not v2 and v1 if u ask me it could have been so much better

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
i removed it from the maplist because i swear, when the map loaded like half of the server players disconnected, they just don't like it, i think it's because of the FPS.
This map as an huge potential and if the map gets optimized it'd be a blast!

MisterPringles

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Oct 2011
Belgium
Ok, that makes sense. It was because of some people were asking few times, now we got an answer.

gotcha

5 Oct 2013
Germany
Did you find any solutions for the FPS problems yet, Niko?
Did you ask Gargantua?

Or does any of you guys know how to optimize properly?

I can give you the .vmf if you add me on steam.
I'm sorry, I really don't know what to do to make it work properly. I have no idea how to optimize it...

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
No i couldn't find enough time to study how to optimize a map.

On top of that, gargantua has been inactive for years, i highly doubt i'll catchi him :s

Anyway perhaps on the forum here somebody knows how to optimize a map?

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
-learn how to use hint/skip textures, and don't "func_detail" everything, especially the walls. tons of youtube-videos on this :)
-also, you can add a fog_controller(i think thats the name) and sett the max view(draw) distance at 3000 or something.
-make sure you set the water in you're map to change to "cheap water" at a short distance.
-and every prop dont need a max view(draw) for more than 1500-2000. 1500(cars, doors, windows, plants) for static and 1800 for phys objects(sofas, vendinmachines), is nice.

the most important is the hint/skip textures

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiKV_fEUKDc2IxTvTTQLegw <-- this guy knows what he is talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O44wZitRJwo&list=PL1E042178C0497364&index=20 <-- this and the next 5 videos is about optimization. Again, fixing leaks and Hint/skip is the most important and most effective.

Last edited: