High Ping Problem!

The pain

17 Jul 2010
My friends and I have a high ping at EH server(s). We all live in UAE - United Arab Emirates
This problem happened 3 days ago and we have no clue what the reason is..
Any other German server is fine, the ping is quite normal.
Is there any suggestion to fix/solve the problem ?

Dani

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Feb 2011
German North Sea
No.. If Server is getting full. We all have higher Pings as normal. Countries from "far" away like UAE or Iraq , China etc have this heavy Problem 2..

winter

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
14 Nov 2012
Spain
I have the same problem when im in my gf's house, she doesnt have so good internet+i live in spain= ping goes up to 150 sometimes. The EH's servers is not that laggy i think, i usually have a ping of 60-70 with 20-30 players, but when server gets full it rises up until 100 or so. You can test and "play" a little with the rates, or get a better internet :p.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
I have the same problem and happened at the same time. Every other server is fine but the EH ones are over 100, it happened before but it seemed to just go away after a while. No idea what causes it.

Deanburger

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
24 Dec 2010
1'739
Already have numerous times ^^ one of the first things I did.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
The issue is cause by ISP's bad routing. Unfortunately there's nothing we cant do. You can contact your isp and tell them that you are having a too high response time from our ip (specify it) and they might eventually re-route the traffic

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
wouldn't bad routing result in 'loss'? I looked at my net_graph yesterday and I didn't get any loss.

Well I wasn't lagging yesterday so my input isn't really valid, but in the past days I was getting lagg spikes reaching 200ms and sometimes even more..

Makes sense to say it was my ISP as I couldn't load any EH server from my favorite list during those lagg spikes.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
All eh servers? We have 2 different ips so it's very unlikely that both servers lag at the same time like that. Anyway a bad routing doesnt forcefully mean a loss. Image mailing me a postcard from italy to switzerland, a good route makes it happen in few hours, what if they pass from china instead? It will take weeks before i get it, but not forcefully i will get half postcard

MisterPringles

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Oct 2011
Belgium
All eh servers? We have 2 different ips so it's very unlikely that both servers lag at the same time like that. Anyway a bad routing doesnt forcefully mean a loss. Image mailing me a postcard from italy to switzerland, a good route makes it happen in few hours, what if they pass from china instead? It will take weeks before i get it, but not forcefully i will get half postcard

Well if it pass from china, watch out for white powder...(bad joke) I didnt see any lagg on all servers, it changes from time to time ...

Vydx

30 Oct 2011

My bad, should've said I couldn't load any EH server I was ON during those lagg spikes, not that I couldn't load any ^^. I assumed it was all EH servers by looking how there wasn't v1, v2, v3 and v5 in my favorite list upon refreshing.

About the bad routing, makes sense to me as it does not necessarily mean that some of the info gets 'lost' if there is a high response time. nice analogy btw :>

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Okay I'm not sure if this is only me, but for example yesterday every now and then I got what seems to me as a server freeze:

Everything just stops moving for up to 10seconds except the round time (And it's not the thing with 'Autoconnection problems', it is pretty wierd because after the freeze, at times ppl yell 'LAGG' and at other times they don't).

Thing is that my ping is normal (60ish ms) during those freezes or w/e, but I know that something is wrong because I again fail to see v1, v2, v3 and v5 upon refreshing favourite list (not sure about whether v4 was there or not)

I believe it can't be a restart either because the map stays the same..

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
ummh weird! i am not sure what the cause could be, i'll doublecheck that the SSD has enough space

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
ye SSD was low on space, i freed it up a lilbit, let me know if it still freezes

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Writing this as I'm on v4, me and danini are witness to this freeze that still persists (I did 'thetime' in game: 18:12 GMT +1) and this time I noticed that none of the EH servers were present at my favourite list

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
ok, sourcemod and metamod are a bit unstable, advaldo is updating them, perhaps this is the cause