maps | List + Add/Remove requests!

Sheyla

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
Donator
11 Oct 2014
Germany
What about removing lila panic on v1 and adding zm_base_day to the nomination list? :)

POWHA

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
25 May 2013
Tonight zm_bucket_v7 got chosen at a specialmapvote.
After 15min playtime 20 People (70+% of the players) voted that they would like to see zm_bucket_v7 in the standard map-pool!

greets

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Bucket is a decent map imo, but to make it a regular map I think a few changes would probably need to be done as there are probably a few too many secrets on the map. The map is fairly small and if I'm remembering correctly it is more of a hunting map due to limited camping areas, idk if this would necessarily be bad but it could be something that needs adjusting. I think before it could be added to the normal maplist a couple secrets may need to be axed or revised, I believe only a select few players would know about teleports such as the tree or the invisible platform, so if players couldn't get to people in those spots it would probably upset a larger handful of players

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
What about removing lila panic on v1 and adding zm_base_day to the nomination list? :)

lila panic is a very old map that has been on the nominate list since the beginning as far as i know, it would be sad to remove it. base_day needs to get fixed a bit before it could be added.

Tonight zm_bucket_v7 got chosen at a specialmapvote.
After 15min playtime 20 People (70+% of the players) voted that they would like to see zm_bucket_v7 in the standard map-pool!

greets

bucket was removed due to the map having severe issues, first of all zombies could knife humans from under the stairs, second zombies could get knifed out of the map so they couldn't get back in and ct's couldn't find them. Also back when it was on the nominate list it wasn't very popular.

one

Donator
10 Jun 2018
France
hey, i can fix some maps if you need me, just mp me cause i cant really see if its necessary, i fixed a map before because someone asked it( on the forum) and i never had news from this for example, i can't really waste time but it will be a pleasure to offer my service to the community, gn all )

Reactions: Havoc

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
i would love to see sorrento added but i think it needs some editing if i remember correctly! like there was no camp spots for cts so it was kinda unbalanced i think.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
I have a map proposal for the V3 server

I was able to see some eloquent messages on the map that I will propose (I leave the suspense until the end for the name of the map ^^)

Yes it was the most downloaded map of Counter Strike: Source on the site "FPSBANANA", but as some have noticed it was also the map most copied ! Without asking for the creator's approval, this is why the creator removed it from the site (For those who were wondering)

This map was sadly known because it was zero, a map difficult for humans since the hiding places are very limited (Players will hasten to go on the container as on the "lila" present on the server ^^ without necessarily knowing the real hideout on the left of the stairs in the basement ^^)

But ! By putting it on the server, we can prove that we can survive ! This map will make the oldest nostalgic, even if I said that I hated it, there was a part of me that liked it.

Some may have guessed it, it is the "zm_lila_panic"

This map, I think, corresponds to the server.

I went quickly on all the posts of this post, I saw that we already talked about her, but I'm not sure she's already been on the server (I hope I'm not wrong)

Yes she is no longer present on FPSBANANA, but another link is present: zm_lila_panic (I downloaded it, it works very well)

Now, if you decide to put it (please :D), there is a need for a modification :
Sans titre.png

Since the server does not have !ztele, if a player falls here, it will be blocked until the end of the time. Put an invisible floor, or a box for example

Thanks for reading !

JR

Reactions: FeGaF and TheBee

poky

6 May 2019
Germany
Time to remove the current very often played maps on v3. Same maps for at least 2 weeks.
It's getting boring.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
I have a map proposal for the V3 server

I was able to see some eloquent messages on the map that I will propose (I leave the suspense until the end for the name of the map ^^)

Yes it was the most downloaded map of Counter Strike: Source on the site "FPSBANANA", but as some have noticed it was also the map most copied ! Without asking for the creator's approval, this is why the creator removed it from the site (For those who were wondering)

This map was sadly known because it was zero, a map difficult for humans since the hiding places are very limited (Players will hasten to go on the container as on the "lila" present on the server ^^ without necessarily knowing the real hideout on the left of the stairs in the basement ^^)

But ! By putting it on the server, we can prove that we can survive ! This map will make the oldest nostalgic, even if I said that I hated it, there was a part of me that liked it.

Some may have guessed it, it is the "zm_lila_panic"

This map, I think, corresponds to the server.

I went quickly on all the posts of this post, I saw that we already talked about her, but I'm not sure she's already been on the server (I hope I'm not wrong)

Yes she is no longer present on FPSBANANA, but another link is present: zm_lila_panic (I downloaded it, it works very well)

Now, if you decide to put it (please :D), there is a need for a modification :View attachment 11104
Since the server does not have !ztele, if a player falls here, it will be blocked until the end of the time. Put an invisible floor, or a box for example

Thanks for reading !

JR
On v1 and v3 zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4 is running and zm_lila_panic_eh_v2, zm_eh_tr_abandoned_panic_v4_fix and zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed are listed as special map on our servers. I think each map is an optimized version of the original zm_lila_panic you suggested to add and to modify.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
On v1 and v3 zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4 is running and zm_lila_panic_eh_v2, zm_eh_tr_abandoned_panic_v4_fix and zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed are listed as special map on our servers. I think each map is an optimized version of the original zm_lila_panic you suggested to add and to modify.

The "zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4" is a different version of the "zm_lila_panic", it is bigger with the "secret" place in the basement.

I have never had the opportunity to see "zm_lila_panic_eh_v2, zm_eh_tr_abandoned_panic_v4_fix and zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed" but in view of the map name "zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed" I think it's the "zm_lila_panic"

Too bad to have so many special maps when the only special maps played are the "london" "atix" and some maps created by TheRalle...

Is there a place on the forum where can see exactly the present maps (Nominate and Special) ?

I know it's easy to say .. but it should be sorted :/ Many maps present in the "nominate" are not played (those that are near the end of the nominate for example) Make sure that each map must be played (or increase the number of maps played between each nomination) before being able to replay a map .. it will allow to see what the players think of the maps (in my opinion)

On the server for example, the "Cbble" is played,
X* maps after, the "Cbble" can be nominated to be replayed. *(I do not know exactly how many maps, but it must be around 4 I think)

So I don't like to post useless stuff (like for "zm_lila_panic") but I don't know all the special maps ..

By the way, how do you classify special maps ?
Why does the "london" make it a special map but not the "Cbble" ?

Reactions: FeGaF and TheBee

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
The "zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4" is a different version of the "zm_lila_panic", it is bigger with the "secret" place in the basement.

I have never had the opportunity to see "zm_lila_panic_eh_v2, zm_eh_tr_abandoned_panic_v4_fix and zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed" but in view of the map name "zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed" I think it's the "zm_lila_panic"

Too bad to have so many special maps when the only special maps played are the "london" "atix" and some maps created by TheRalle...

Is there a place on the forum where can see exactly the present maps (Nominate and Special) ?

I know it's easy to say .. but it should be sorted :/ Many maps present in the "nominate" are not played (those that are near the end of the nominate for example) Make sure that each map must be played (or increase the number of maps played between each nomination) before being able to replay a map .. it will allow to see what the players think of the maps (in my opinion)

On the server for example, the "Cbble" is played,
X* maps after, the "Cbble" can be nominated to be replayed. *(I do not know exactly how many maps, but it must be around 4 I think)

So I don't like to post useless stuff (like for "zm_lila_panic") but I don't know all the special maps ..

By the way, how do you classify special maps ?
Why does the "london" make it a special map but not the "Cbble" ?

Hello and thanks for your feedback.

We have the lila_panic_revisited_b4 version of lila panic because it is the most fair map of the lila panics, both zombies and human have a fair chance of winning the round, in the other versions there are either too many secrets or too OP camp-spots.

I changed the amount of maps that need to be played before a map can be played again just a few months ago but i can extend it a bit again so we get some more variety in the maps. I will look into that later.

We have a bunch of regular maps that all suit our requirements, fair for both teams, no camp spots that are too unfair and not too many secrets. A map like cbble is very popular and loved by almost everyone while a map like zm_london has a ton of secrets including a special weapon that makes you fly which does so it doesn't fit in the regular map poll. We sometimes add new maps to the map poll and that is what this thread is partly for, you are more than welcome to suggest some maps to be added or even removed in this thread.

We have no official map list but here is one for you.

REGULAR MAPS ON V1:
zm_4way_fix_v2c
zm_azduextincion_acp_v3_fix
zm_cbble_eh
zm_corps_v9_edited
zm_eh_anzio_final
zm_eh_fast_final_2018
zm_eh_forgotten_town_v2
zm_eh_palace_final_fix4
zm_eh_pavlov_v4
zm_eh_solo
zm_highschool_day
zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4
zm_marbble_v2_edit
zm_office_outbreak_htrs
zm_officeattack_b5a
zm_origin_v2
zm_rush_final_4

REGULAR MAPS ON V3
zm_16chambers
zm_4way_fix_v2c
zm_an_kapras
zm_canals_classic_eh_v1
zm_cbble_eh
zm_clouds_v2_1
zm_corps_v9_edited
zm_crazycity
zm_dust_hunt_v1b
zm_eh_despair_v3
zm_eh_fast_final_2018
zm_eh_filth_v6_fix
zm_eh_forgotten_town_v2
zm_eh_palace_final_fix4
zm_eh_pavlov_v4
zm_eh_prison_tower_fix
zm_fail_inc_fix
zm_farm3_nav72_unlim
zm_hellarch_fix_edit_v1
zm_highschool_day
zm_huntingpark_v2
zm_industrial_waste_v1_8_1
zm_jay_legend_fixed_v4a
zm_legends_v1
zm_lila_panic_revisited_b4
zm_little_city_v7_roy
zm_little_italy_v3
zm_marbble_eh_v1
zm_mystic_halls_b3
zm_neko_athletic_park_v3
zm_office_house_v2
zm_officerush_b8
zm_origin_v2
zm_roy_highway_fix4
zm_rush_final_4
zm_temple_v2
zm_undergrounds_eh_v1
zm_westwood_final
zm_zomb_eh_towers_v5_fix

SPECIAL MAPS THAT YOU CAN REQUEST THE ADMINS TO PLAY
zm_16chambres
zm_3dubka_v3a
zm_aftermatch
zm_an_canals_classic
zm_atix_helicopter
zm_atix_panic_eh_v1
zm_band!t_facility_v3
zm_base_day
zm_blockfort_v3_1
zm_bucket_v7
zm_bunker_v1
zm_cbble_eh_v2
zm_cbble_eh_xmas_v1
zm_cbble_halloween_v1b
zm_christmas_aspen_v2c
zm_cocktail_v3
zm_countdown
zm_desertprodigy_b3
zm_desprerados_a1
zm_dh_jay_legend_fixed_v3
zm_dino_day_v1a
zm_docks_v1
zm_dolls_slayer_eh_v1
zm_dust2_64_v1
zm_eh_anzio_final_v1
zm_eh_beltot_v1
zm_eh_breakout_v2
zm_eh_cabu_final
zm_eh_castle_defense_v3
zm_eh_deathlyhunting
zm_eh_defend_thy_self_v1
zm_eh_desert_towers_v4
zm_eh_diersville_v1
zm_eh_exposed_v2
zm_eh_holdout_v2
zm_eh_italyarena
zm_eh_killhouse_v1
zm_eh_last_stand_v1
zm_eh_lasthope_final
zm_eh_laugh_v1
zm_eh_neon_v2
zm_eh_nuketunnelc_v1
zm_eh_pavlov_v4
zm_eh_rallemaze_v1
zm_eh_sandhunt_v2
zm_eh_scrapyard_final
zm_eh_shinu_v3
zm_eh_siege_v1
zm_eh_solo
zm_eh_tr_abandoned_panic_v4_fix
zm_eh_tr_office_v2
zm_eh_tr_vault_v3
zm_eh_tr_vitron_v2
zm_eh_upsidedown_v7
zm_examen_eh
zm_fail_inc_fix
zm_firewall_samarkand
zm_floating_rock_v5
zm_fubar_towers_v5
zm_highschool_night_v1
zm_hillbilly_backyard_v4
zm_hoejhus_eh_1
zm_hoook_v5
zm_illmination_eh
zm_italy_reload_fix
zm_kobi_panic
ZM_Krusty_krab_a3
zm_lego_land
zm_lila_173_fix
zm_lila_beach_fix_2
zm_lila_epic_v2_1b
zm_lila_neighbour
zm_lila_panic_eh_v2
zm_lila_panic_quick_fw_fixed
zm_liltown_fixed
zm_london_v1_0
zm_marbble_eh_v2
zm_mario3_v4_finals
zm_monastery_v1_1
zm_moonlight_v3
zm_neko_abura_v2
zm_neko_athletic_park_v3
zm_neko_athletic_xmas_fix
zm_office_house_v2
zm_piranesi_b1
zm_playtime
zm_poorland_b1
zm_pripyat
zm_quarantine_b4
zm_roflicious_b1
zm_roy_highway_fix2
zm_rush_final_4
zm_shazzgarden
zm_siberia_v2_64a
zm_smallmap_eh_v4
zm_sorrento_v3
zm_super_mario_v3
zm_tmo_arena_v2h
zm_tower_of_resistance_v4
zm_unpanic_v2
zm_valley
zm_vampire_medical_v3
zm_veskerland_v1_1
zm_walled_city_v1_1
zm_zmso_fix
zm_zombiecruise_fixed

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
it's not on nomination list, it's a special map. it's requested a lot and yes, always rtv'ed in 2nd round on v3 according to my experience. democracy fails sometimes ;)

but not really a need to remove, special maps are made for variety, some players like it even if majority on v3 doesnt.

ps. the rtv is the reason why i stopped nominating it years ago^^ players wait for hours to play a special map and then it's dust2 and rtv'ed in 5 min...

icephoenix

23 May 2019
I suggest increasing the time it takes for zombies to appear in the beginning by another 10-20 seconds. I feel like this will make dynamic and flow of the round more interesting. It gives people more time to run to wherever they want to go (sometimes people spawn far from where their desired camping spots). Additionally, the more people bunked up at a camping spot, the more chance that if 1 person gets zombified in that spot, everyone will die. Gotta get that thrill of holing up in a barricade/camping spot not knowing that someone in that group is infected. from what I have experienced so far, because the timers are so short before the first zombies appear, people scramble and rush to the closest spot they find, or where there are the most people defending. This usually leads to most of the maps having only 1 or 2 main camping spots.
If you guys will consider delaying the zombie timer, disregard everything that i type after this sentence. If the zombie timer is to be unchanged, then read below.

Replace/remove maps where there are only 1 or 2 main camping spots in v3 zm server. These are the maps where there are always 20 ppl camped in 1 spot, which results in either: (1) - impossible for zombies to win without having people edging or be launched by a stray grenade, or (2) - makes it so if one person gets zombified at the start, the entire camping spot gets infected, making it near impossible for humans to end up winning. This 100% win or 0% win setup results in really stale games. For example, if we talk about panic revisited, there are basically 2 main spots where people camp - the big orange crate outside, or the glass room downstairs. There will always be at least 10 ppl going to 1 or the other. There is almost always a zombie that appears in one of these 2 groups, resulting 1 group getting killed immediately. If the orange crate group outside is zombified, the entire outside area is more or less doomed (some ppl will be on the roof, but they tend to end up getting killed off pretty quickly). If the glass room group is zombified. the entire basement becomes a death zone. In either case, it forces everyone to go to the other camping spot if they even want a remote chance of living, which makes the map really really boring. Maps with 1 main camping spot like 4way tunnels is worse. Either all group up at top, or die. Maps like cbble that have multiple spots to camp at if there are enough people, is good because tt gives variety.

I suggest replacing panic revisited with vanilla panic. removing the glass room might seem counterintuitive, bc it results in only 1 main camping spot (the orange crate), but try thinking of it this way. People who get bored of camping in the same spot over and over again, or knows that everyone at the crate will die bc a zombie will spawn, will instead go into the basement, and start making barricades, giving variety. Unlike panic revisited, where the basement is fucked if people running to the glass room dies, if everyone on the crate becomes a zombie at the start of the round in vanilla panic, then people in the basement will actually have a chance of building a quick makeshift barricade and survive.

PS. Remove 4way tunnel altogether. it's just a poorly designed map in my honest opinion.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
I suggest increasing the time it takes for zombies to appear in the beginning by another 10-20 seconds. I feel like this will make dynamic and flow of the round more interesting. It gives people more time to run to wherever they want to go (sometimes people spawn far from where their desired camping spots). Additionally, the more people bunked up at a camping spot, the more chance that if 1 person gets zombified in that spot, everyone will die. Gotta get that thrill of holing up in a barricade/camping spot not knowing that someone in that group is infected. from what I have experienced so far, because the timers are so short before the first zombies appear, people scramble and rush to the closest spot they find, or where there are the most people defending. This usually leads to most of the maps having only 1 or 2 main camping spots.
If you guys will consider delaying the zombie timer, disregard everything that i type after this sentence. If the zombie timer is to be unchanged, then read below.

Replace/remove maps where there are only 1 or 2 main camping spots in v3 zm server. These are the maps where there are always 20 ppl camped in 1 spot, which results in either: (1) - impossible for zombies to win without having people edging or be launched by a stray grenade, or (2) - makes it so if one person gets zombified at the start, the entire camping spot gets infected, making it near impossible for humans to end up winning. This 100% win or 0% win setup results in really stale games. For example, if we talk about panic revisited, there are basically 2 main spots where people camp - the big orange crate outside, or the glass room downstairs. There will always be at least 10 ppl going to 1 or the other. There is almost always a zombie that appears in one of these 2 groups, resulting 1 group getting killed immediately. If the orange crate group outside is zombified, the entire outside area is more or less doomed (some ppl will be on the roof, but they tend to end up getting killed off pretty quickly). If the glass room group is zombified. the entire basement becomes a death zone. In either case, it forces everyone to go to the other camping spot if they even want a remote chance of living, which makes the map really really boring. Maps with 1 main camping spot like 4way tunnels is worse. Either all group up at top, or die. Maps like cbble that have multiple spots to camp at if there are enough people, is good because tt gives variety.

I suggest replacing panic revisited with vanilla panic. removing the glass room might seem counterintuitive, bc it results in only 1 main camping spot (the orange crate), but try thinking of it this way. People who get bored of camping in the same spot over and over again, or knows that everyone at the crate will die bc a zombie will spawn, will instead go into the basement, and start making barricades, giving variety. Unlike panic revisited, where the basement is fucked if people running to the glass room dies, if everyone on the crate becomes a zombie at the start of the round in vanilla panic, then people in the basement will actually have a chance of building a quick makeshift barricade and survive.

PS. Remove 4way tunnel altogether. it's just a poorly designed map in my honest opinion.

It is true that on lila_panic players tend to go to that orange container even tho it's not that good a spot, a great amount of players are just following the others who all tend to end on that container but at least on the good old v1 days players were better at actually spreading out, on lila panic there are several good camp spots to use. In the basement the room with 3 soda machines near a stair case was always filled with humans camping as the spot is good, many other rooms can be made very good as well, players just need to be a bit creative. If we were to replace the current lila_panic with the regular one then the humans will most likely win every round which we try to avoid, the main building in the regular lila panic is very easy to defend, zombies got no chance to get in. I don't support adding the main lila_panic map but perhaps a different version of lila_panic can be discussed, but i would also like to hear some more opinions from people.

Also 4way is most likely never going to be removed, it is (by many of us) considered the best map on the server, a lot of players dislike it because they don't know how to play it but a lot of players love it as well which is the reason as to why it is played a lot. 4way is a perfect hunting map, humans can run around in tunnels or hallways and hunt the zombies, the zombies have a fair chance of winning as well. A lot of players does indeed go to the platform on the top of the map and you can get there on many different ways but that is only if you are there to camp, 4way is a fair map for both humans and zombies, if you know the right things to do as zombie you can easily get the humans camping on the platform and around the map, it's a well designed zombiemod map in my opinion.
If you are camping then 4way is probably boring but if you try to run around and hunt the zombies it is a lot of fun.