Server Problems or Issues

USA

7 Dec 2018
I read the server rules and many things are not clear to me
Rejoining

What does "Rejoining"?

Teamkilling
The rules say that it is forbidden Teamkilling, How can you kill an team player if friendly fire is disabled? Please give examples.

Blocking
There are situations when there is, for example, a square box calculated for the size of 4 people, if 5 people climbs, then the zombie will infect him(player number 5) and player number 5 can infect everyone on the box, can it be blocked in this case?
Not for harm, but for your own protection.

Teaming
What means Teaming? Shouldn't players unite with allies to win?

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Rejoining is when you leave the server and then quickly join back. This is usually being done to avoid a death and losing points. For instance as a zm if you were being shot and left the server when you were close to death and then rejoined a minute later, this would be against the rules.
There are ways in which you can kill your teammates. Obviously doing them is against the rules, you shouldn't need examples to understand it.
If you are blocking someone from coming up on a box then yes that would be blocking
Teaming refers to playing with the other team, for instance, if you as a zm stood in a corner with a ct and blocked other zms from infecting the ct, that would be teaming by both players

USA

7 Dec 2018
Thank you for the detailed response.
If you are blocking someone from coming up on a box then yes that would be blocking
Those. Should I allow a novice player to provoke an infection of all the survivors because of his stupidity?
After all, 4 players on a cube zombies will not be able to infect, and if there are 5 players there, they can.
Should I act against the survival of me and my surviving comrades?
This is not about blocking for trolling.

USA

7 Dec 2018
I often hear music being played on the server, how can I turn it off all the time?
Why don't you use musical themes like Resident Evil, 28 days later, and other musical themes about zombies?
Hip-hop is completely inconsistent with the atmosphere of the game, I can understand, for example, metal, its sound can be quite evil.

ewuewu123

13 Sep 2018
Germany
server: Zombie Hunting V3
Issue: since i first joined the server i cant use the !zstuck command at all it dosent work when i type it in i get the message but cant unstuck by moving how to fix that?
time: since i joined it.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
@ewuewu123: This command only works when you are stuck in another player (at least in most times) but it won't help you if you got stuck in a prop, a ceiling or similar.

Reactions: ///M3Power

d.r.i.f.t.

21 Nov 2015
I play on V3 and I have recently started losing connection to the server....it happens every so often, and takes about 15 seconds to re-connect (sometimes at a crucial time)

I have re-installed steam and css, my internet connection is super fast and there is no problem with the router....it doesn't seem to happen on any other css servers.

I am out of ideas what the problem might be, as it just seems to be connecting to elite servers....any suggestions why this is happening would be greatly appreciated....thanks

1nfomercial

Donator
24 Nov 2014
Let me know if it has been brought up before.

It does not let me change my nominated map, if the maximum of nominations are reached.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I play on V3 and I have recently started losing connection to the server....it happens every so often, and takes about 15 seconds to re-connect (sometimes at a crucial time)

I have re-installed steam and css, my internet connection is super fast and there is no problem with the router....it doesn't seem to happen on any other css servers.

I am out of ideas what the problem might be, as it just seems to be connecting to elite servers....any suggestions why this is happening would be greatly appreciated....thanks

Did it eventually fix itself?

Let me know if it has been brought up before.

It does not let me change my nominated map, if the maximum of nominations are reached.
Probably a plugin bug, we're going to use that as a feature to avoid people getting their first nomination in and then switching it later in the game.

Reactions: 1nfomercial

Baltazar

2 Jun 2018
Croatia
Remove BOT-s from V1, Whit BOT AIM you have little chance to survive like zombi or force BOT to be Zombi..... & need activ admin, even whit far players, reason: when server fill up kniffling zombe on CT is real, i dont wona name players, but some VIP player do that. Do VIP protect that players for ban ? idk....

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Hello Baltazar,

thanks for your input. The reason why we do have bots is to attract players to v1 - few players join an empty server. There is a mximum of 8 bots and with each player joining a team, a bot disappears. I agree that the aim is an issue and will have a talk to the HA/SPA team about it.

We are always looking for new admins, and I agree again: teamkilling in not funny at all. So in case there is no admin around, you can record a demo and upload via forum. But to answer your question: Our rules apply to everyone, no matter if regular player, VIP or admin.

See you on servers, mate - have a nice day :)

Reactions: Baltazar and Paw

Sierra5

Donator
9 Dec 2011
The reason why we do have bots is to attract players to v1
If other people have the same impression of them as me and several others then I feel like this will only work once. If there really are few players, it used to be possible to have a bit of fun. Now the bots ruin it - in fact, they ruin it even if you are trying to play normally :p
I almost always make a point of not joining when I see bots there.

Reactions: iyzyz and Baltazar

Fat Zombie

9 Dec 2019
Australia
steamcommunity.com
I've encountered insanely poor hit registration on players with low latency and with cvars, rate; cl_cmdate; cl_updaterate all far below the servers actual tickrate, you guys limit these low-side with, sv_minrate; sv_mincmdrate; sv_minupdaterate, respectively valued at 15000; 33; 33, some players seem to have these set client-side at 10000;10;10 despite the sv_minrate etc being bound lowside, most likely an issue with the game engine not the server.

combine average 40 players with variable latencies, varied rate,cmd,upd and you get the other issue which is server updaterate being bottle necked by all these different frequencies or rates of bandwidth from client to server.
like... go figure what happens when someone with 66k rates shoots someone with 10k rates and the servers trying to interpolate that ontop of their latency ...

... lol, the difference in client > server and vice versa bandwidth frequencies literally creates more latency as the server has to assume their position from 10packets worth of data when someone sends 60packets of data telling the server otherwise? yeah... might be the source of the insane server>client bandwidth size... who knows??!?!? *not me*

its safe to say that you need these values unless you have lowered them on purpose to alleviate more basic bandwidth issues.

sv_minrate 40000; sv_maxrate 66000
sv_mincmdrate 40; sv_maxcmdrate 66000
sv_minupdaterate 40; sv_maxupdaterate 66000

this will reduce the period between client requests and client suggests (lol)
most likely you guys know your poopy alot better than me... but i dont have issues with hitreg against players with standard rates, and their latency is irrelevant as thats what prediction, interpolation and lag compensation are all designed to alleviate, given every client is sending and receiving synchronised rates.

never the less it seems like the sv_variables for limiting low/high side values is bugged, because i can force massive desync by setting rate to 4000, cl_cmdrate 1000, cl_updaterate 1, now i can walk through a wall of bullets and knife everyone without getting hit. valve pls fix.

JIRNIY_EVREI

8 Mar 2020
On the bhop server some maps don't work correctly:
bhop_green_fixx
bhop_red
bhop_fast_hopv1
bhop_monster_jam
bhop_ouf_final
bhop_bananas_fixed

there are ok:
bhop_amazing
bhop_toc

I suppose there are more problem maps

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'755
1'392
Denmark
On the bhop server some maps don't work correctly:
bhop_green_fixx
bhop_red
bhop_fast_hopv1
bhop_monster_jam
bhop_ouf_final
bhop_bananas_fixed

there are ok:
bhop_amazing
bhop_toc

I suppose there are more problem maps

Hello, the bhop server has been sort of left behind, nobody has kept it up to date for a while, those maps you mentioned used to work so i tried to restart the server which i could see it needed, let me know if any maps still have problems. Thanks in advance.

JIRNIY_EVREI

8 Mar 2020
Hello, the bhop server has been sort of left behind, nobody has kept it up to date for a while, those maps you mentioned used to work so i tried to restart the server which i could see it needed, let me know if any maps still have problems. Thanks in advance.
Still don't work, i think the problem is in the update of the engine in 2010 they cann't work correctly with it

maps don't work correctly +:
bhop_advi
bhop_-4-

p.s i understand that not many players play on this server and maybe it's not necessary to do something with it

JIRNIY_EVREI

8 Mar 2020
What about adding auto afk kicking? It's always very hard to join the server. It's more than 10 players afk all the time. And admins don't kick them.
3, 10, 17h without frags idk why they abuse time on the server

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 111
  • full2.jpg
    full2.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 107
  • full3.jpg
    full3.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 111

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
What about adding auto afk kicking? It's always very hard to join the server. It's more than 10 players afk all the time. And admins don't kick them.
3, 10, 17h without frags idk why they abuse time on the server

we'll think about it, however we'd want people to join V1 when V3 is full, it has plenty of free slots